Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 04-07-2018, 02:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Tattoos

What are your thoughts about tattoos?

This my personal opinion about tattoos. I think that some tattoos are very beautiful and others are not. But I wish people knew more about the history about tattoos. I think that there is more deeper meaning behind tattoos than just beautiful artwork and the display of expression from them. I think there is more of spiritual side of them that a lot of people don’t know. I think there more spiritual side to the tattoos than people realize and that mark the body and spirit. Most people I come across that has tatoos are non starseeds with a lot of personal problems. I am sorry if I am sound like stereotyping people but from my point of end most people who have tattoos themselves are non starseeds with a lot of personal issues or trauma that they experience or just got it because everyone else has it like it’s a status symbol. I am wondering if people out there who has tattoos explain or feels that have spiritual connection to there tattoos or not. Or there just some form of art expression. The reason why I am curious about them becuase I think that some tattoos exactly damage and hurt the soul than exactly helping to express there artwork.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Master
To me tattoos are not art....they are defacement.

I find them particularly repulsive on woman......and the more beautiful the woman...the more it bothers me!

Its like why would such a beautiful girl do that to herself??? The only reason I can come up with is some kind of mental illness. ....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaStarflower
The reason why I am curious about them becuase I think that some tattoos exactly damage and hurt the soul than exactly helping to express there artwork.

Quote:
Its like why would such a beautiful girl do that to herself??? The only reason I can come up with is some kind of mental illness. ....

It is sad that this is the society we live in today. Where we try to judge others for what they do, and look down upon them as basically something being wrong with them. It's why so many hide their depression because they are afraid of others who will judge them harshly.

Tattoos are not damaging to the soul, or do they hurt the soul. Nor are they a sign of mental illness. There are exceptions to that last one of course.

Tattoos are ways of expression for people. They can also be signs of sadness and triumph that a person has gone through in their life. Each person is different and how they live their life should be up to them. We must stop labeling things as bad or so taboo. All it does is create fear and depression within a person.

You tattoo yourself, your soul will not explode and die a second death. It will be quite fine.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
To me tattoos are not art....they are defacement.

I find them particularly repulsive on woman......and the more beautiful the woman...the more it bothers me!

I was born with crippled legs. I had to wear braces up to my waist as a child to correct them. I can walk now, but my back is still crippled. I have two tattoos, one on each leg. I got them because I am grateful that I can walk. Calling that a mental illness is ridiculous. Most people have reasons for getting them. I actually draw designs for people to get tattooed on them.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Administrator
I Have to agree with innerlight its very judgemental to call someone names for having a tattoo. you obviousely dont know much about spirituality and the soul. I haven't got any and I dont intend on getting any. but you need to realise that we are all spirit.and God doesn't see through the eyes of man.he sees through the heart

Namaste
Old 05-07-2018, 12:38 AM
Ascender
I think you would be quite surprised if you took the time to get to know a few of these people.

So, I have 4 tattoos, I’m not a starseed and my life hasn’t always been perfect... so in answer to your question “do I have a spiritual connection to them”... Nope, not at all! They have personal meaning, they was not for anyone else’s benefit and they was most definitely not meant as some kind of a status symbol.

I do see Luckys point (hi lucky) in that they are defacement, but how I view my body is like a vehicle for my soul... people get cars and often people like to personalise them a little, that’s what I have done. My body is not here to please others and sorry to be grim, but when I’m done with it, it’s going to be burned to ashes!! It doesn’t matter how well I preserve it, once my time is up, it’s going to be destroyed! So if I make a few holes or colour a little bit in... does it really matter that much?

Now I’m not sure what the relevance of the starseed thing is, or trauma... do you think non starseed people can’t be good people? Or people who went through trauma are somehow broken? Go talk to these people, get to know them and find out who they are, tbh I think you could learn quite a lot from them.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:54 AM
Master
I'm an artist and have 15 tattoos.

I view skin as just another blank canvas waiting to be enhanced.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:33 AM
Experiencer

I have three tattoos and tomorrow or Friday I am giving myself my 4th. They all represent a different time in my life. One was a gift from my now deceased mother and I cherish it for that purpose. One represents a much wilder time in my life. I learned a lot of lessons that helped me grow. The other is a purple and pink lotus flower which represents over coming one of my Dark Nights of the Soul and waking up. My newest one will also be a lotus flower with the Namaste` beneath it and an infinity seal with the symbol for Om in it to not only represent my faith in unity and oneness, but also to remind me there is divinity in all of us.

I agree with innerlight it is very judgemental to say someone who has a tattoo has a mental illness. It is also very sad people who do have or suffer from mental illness need love and a safe space so they can feel secure enough to seek help. Comments like that do not afford those things to the person in need and often the lack of those things is what results in drug addiction, chronic illness, and suicide.

I really hope what others have said affords you another view point.

Namaste`
Old 05-07-2018, 05:53 AM
Newbie ;)

just clarify I didn’t mean to come off has mean toward people who wear tattoos and I am not judging people who have tattoos. I am just curios about people who have tattoos get them because they compelled to get them or simply because they have spiritual connection with them or they just have form of expression of personal artwork that they just got. I did mention that I am kinda sadden that a lot of people don’t know truth behind the history of tattoos and what they exactly symbolize from ancient cultures around the world. And people who are starseeds wondering there opinions about them.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Experiencer
My thoughts on tattoos are that they increase ego as you start to talk about them if you have one