Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-02-2018, 01:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi Rayden_Greywolf,

Spiritual life is not an intellectual exercise of curiosity, comparison and mutual exclusion of various possibilities.

For an awakened aspirant, that (intellectual/mental) world is already 'water under the bridge', being eclipsed by an emerging aspiration that is nothing other than truth and divinity becoming inevitably more conscious and consciously aware in and through the deliberate concentration of the individual being...as direct experience (not intellectual speculation).

In that regard, the significant question for an awakened seeker is not “What or Who is God?” (followed by endless futile debate on the veracity of such), but, “What is my own God necessity at this moment?” - which is not debatable with others because as a matter of faith and personal necessity it is irrelevant to others -- to which God then directly responds.

It is a given in spiritual life, that God is all and everything - including that God compassionately adapts to, accommodates, and appears in any manifestation for the benefit of a seeker, who’s life is progressively becoming the consecrated purpose of that emerging awareness.

It is the sincerity and intensity of that necessity in which God reveals, and the seeker discovers, the answer to that question as the becoming of True Self in and through the individual life.

~ J

I don't know, I feel that I've been pretty sincere and intense in my search.
Old 23-02-2018, 01:44 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpportuneAbundance
I want to say what god is, but if I told you, it'd either ruin the game or you wouldn't believe me.

With no explanation to this,

God is you. You are God. God is everything. Everything is God.

I'm sorry :)

But I'm willing to have a serious productive conversation about this is you would like me to assert some evidence.

But the less you need, the more you know (as weird as that sounds)

That's all well and good, but it doesn't help me when I'm at my lowest and have nothing to turn to.
Old 23-02-2018, 01:55 AM
Master
I posted this in another thread yesterday, but at the same time, I wanted to reply to this thread.

Seeing as how I'd merely be repeating myself, or saying the same thing in a different way, I thought I would just give the link, as it is applicable here, as well:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...38&postcount=4
Old 23-02-2018, 02:07 AM
Knower

I'll be honest with you guys....I've been severely depressed for several years now, to the point of a suicide attempt. Hell, it was this God issue that helped spur me on to attempt in the first place. I've also known friends who have gone through far worse. Where is God in those moments? He certainly wasn't comforting us.
Old 23-02-2018, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
I'll be honest with you guys....I've been severely depressed for several years now, to the point of a suicide attempt. Hell, it was this God issue that helped spur me on to attempt in the first place. I've also known friends who have gone through far worse. Where is God in those moments? He certainly wasn't comforting us.
Old 23-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello Rayden -

Perhaps you are seeking 'help' (to 'alleviate' or 'cure' your feeling(s) of depression) from the 'wrong' source (one which you 'wrongly' project as being a/the 'supreme' Creator and and so call 'God') or from the 'right' source in an unproductive 'way'.

I cannot possibly know the exact cause and nature of your 'predicament' - or anyone else's, sometimes not even my own , really.

But what I can authoritatively say, based on my observation and experience as well as others' reports, is that 'spirit' (the Spirit of Life) is indomitable, and that your (anyone's) lack of 'success' to date only reflects the fact that you just haven't, i.e. 'your' spirit just hasn't, found 'the way' to experiencing and expressing sustained/growing love and joy as yet, and that even if you were to commit suicide your 'spirit' would continue to live on, as prone to experiencing 'spirit'ual 'depression', such that you continue to personally feel every bit as 'defeated' and 'deflated' as you do now.

'You' have, i.e. your 'spirit' has, no option but to keep on 'flowing', though it may go 'nowhere' (else) if it runs into a deep hole or gets blocked by some kind of barrier for a while (as presently appears to be the case).

Been there and done that (was deeply suicidal once myself) many times in many ways, some of them quite repetitively, till I got 'better' (i.e. more adept) at 'flowing' smoothly/successfully.

No one 'solution' works to resolve all flow-impediment kinds of 'problems', or even the same one all of the time, but here's a passage I recently came across in one of Ernest Homes book which I share thinking that there's a chance, at least,' that reading and contemplating what its says might open up some new avenues of 'spirit'ual problem-solving experimentation for you (it's just 'a shot in the dark', but, hey, what have you got to lose? ):

There is a place in us open to the Infinite. But when the Spirit brings Its gift, by pouring Itself through us, It can only give to us what we take; the taking is mental. If we persist in saying, "Life will not give us that which is good," It cannot, for Life must interpret Itself to us through our intelligence.

Let the unhappy call upon joy; it is indwelling. That joy which sings in the dark and dances in the sunlight; the joy of an eternal sense of completion which must be inherent in the Divine Mind. Let us open our consciousness to its influx, that it may enrapture the soul. That joy which Lowell tells us climbs to a soul in the grass and flowers. This joy already is within.

Let the sad and depressed call upon this wellspring of joy within that it may overflow; we cannot be depressed when we contact its surge. Mind rests in action. The Spirit is never weary. God does not have to sleep. Let the one who is depleted in vitality call upon the vital force within; it is life energy. "Perfect life, complete life within me" (not somewhere else), "let that within me which is life, force, power, vitality, come forth." Sense it; listen to it. Receive it. Expect it. Take it.

As this individualization of Spirit takes piece, it penetrates the finite consciousness; it saturates the human personality with the essence of Its own being and radiates a power and reality that is sublime. "Call upon me and I will answer." "On look the Deity and the Deity will on look thee." "Act as though I am and I will be." God—in us, as us—is us. Let us be receptive to the Divine Nature that It may flow into our everyday living. New arts, new sciences, new religions, better government and a higher civilization wait on our thought. The pent-up energy of life and the possibility of human evolution work through our imagination and will. The time is ready; the place is where we are now, and it is done unto all as they really believe and act.

Now, I am well aware that ways of 'the mind' are such that already created patterns in it are often so self-reinforcing that breaking out of them by oneself is practically impossible - like trying to pull oneself 'up' by one's own bootstraps just can't/won't get the 'weight' of one's body to 'lift', can it?!

If nothing else works for you, I offer my services as a possible outside-the-pattern 'seeing' guide if you wish to communicate details pertaining to your personal history and experiential pattern and get 'a second opinion' and suggestions regarding what you may not (yet) be 'seeing' as (positive) possibilities in that context. We can P.M. and/or email back and forth if you wish to try doing so to see what, if anything productive, happens.

That too may just be another 'shot in the dark', but hey ...

Last edited by davidsun : 23-02-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 23-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
This is the major issue I think with all this who/what is God stuff, what do you do when the rug is pulled from under your feet? Some would say that this is God's way of telling you to take charge and turn it all around for yourself.

If you really want comfort, find the way to take comfort in your own empowerment because the bottom line is that only you can create your own happiness. The Universe is a reflection of you so when you start to turn yourself around the Universe has no choice but to turn with you.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Knower

Just wanted to give an update about my situation:

After reading a couple books on reincarnation and pre-life planning, I felt that I've experienced what I'd call a "breakthrough" of sorts.

If I consider my depression and lack of spiritual experiences as things being planned for my life by my soul, then it starts to make some sense. Coming into my own power has been a major theme of my life so far. It makes sense then, that I wouldn't have any obvious spiritual experiences that would cause me to believe in God. The depression as well. Its about choosing to believe in love and light, despite my circumstances. I only could see this after realizing that, if God had "held my hand" through life so to speak, then that choice wouldn't have had as much of an impact.

I still feel a great deal of pain. I know its my lesson to find my own strength, but I also know its of no use to beat myself up for still having feelings of longing for God's love as if it isn't already there. So I'm trying to find a happy medium. But I'm getting there!

(Oh, and, I also actually had somewhat of a "message" from the Universe after this happened too! Something that even my mind can't ignore! Its great!)
Old 08-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Just wanted to give an update about my situation:

After reading a couple books on reincarnation and pre-life planning, I felt that I've experienced what I'd call a "breakthrough" of sorts.

If I consider my depression and lack of spiritual experiences as things being planned for my life by my soul, then it starts to make some sense. Coming into my own power has been a major theme of my life so far. It makes sense then, that I wouldn't have any obvious spiritual experiences that would cause me to believe in God. The depression as well. Its about choosing to believe in love and light, despite my circumstances. I only could see this after realizing that, if God had "held my hand" through life so to speak, then that choice wouldn't have had as much of an impact.

I still feel a great deal of pain. I know its my lesson to find my own strength, but I also know its of no use to beat myself up for still having feelings of longing for God's love as if it isn't already there. So I'm trying to find a happy medium. But I'm getting there!

(Oh, and, I also actually had somewhat of a "message" from the Universe after this happened too! Something that even my mind can't ignore! Its great!)
That's great you are feeling somewhat better.

Yes, God's love is always there and that's something you just need to relax into and just leave your heart open to it...

It's sorta like drowning - it only hurts if you try and fight it.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
I probably have asked this question before, just with different words, but whatever.

So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

I'm having trouble coming to terms with what I've learned about God, myself. I want a God that is personal and relevant to one's life, but at the same time, how can this be so if God is more like awareness or simply the Universe itself? I want to be able to feel comforted in times of darkness, but how does one do that with an impersonal God?

Abraham Hicks on How to Come to 'God':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGIDlDAAXc