Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I reacted to your using the word (i.e. the characterizing of something being) 'wrong' in your post (earlier), Greenslade.

This is your (unrecogbnized?) 'shadow'. There is a quality of 'disconnection', of unrelatedness/unrelatingness ('separation'?) between 'you' and those you speak with (in this case with 'me') which indicates (to me, that is) that 'you' are still 'wounded', i.e. not completely 'healed' (healed meaning 'whole').

Watch out for 'fortune tellers' - in this case the one's which 'revealed' that this is your 'last' incarnational life. What they say can seriously mess up the nature of one's process. Think of how the 'game playing' of a sportsman might be affected if he was 'told' and so 'believed' he would (certainly!) 'win' (at) the 'game' he was playing would screw with his "I might also possibly 'lose' if I don't play for all that I am worth" process!

Your yearning for said 'little girl' (special-one) connection fantasy is another 'indication' (to me, that is) that 'you' are not yet 'whole' .
It strikes me that the 'damage' of your relying on your 'belief' of something ahead of (its) time may be irremediable (except by way of another earthly life). Hence my choosing (I am looking for viable colleagues to associate with!) to 'move on'.

I say all this hoping, even while I doubt the possibility, that something that I say might spark your spirit into jumping its (present) track and really getting to where you (presently) just fantasize that 'you' are really going (in this life, that is). Maybe someone else will not go for and believe whatever 'psychic' 'reading' they are given (which they might have otherwise) as a result of reading these words. That amounts to spiritual malpractice - and invites 'unhealthy' outcomes (as it apparently has in your case) - IMO.
What makes you think that my reality is a fantasy?
Old 16-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What makes you think that my reality is a fantasy?
Maybe what I had in mind and heart would have come across better if I had said "The nature, or quality, of the as-yet feeling unfulfilled wish" you expressed" instead of just alluding to it as "your 'yearning' fantasy".

You and I are clearly not vibing on the same frequency or you would have 'grokked' what I meant, Greenslade.

Wishing you the very best on your journey which (P.S.) I may well be as mistaken about as I think you are.

Over and out, Bro.
Old 16-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
There is a place that I want to live, and a person that I want to exist as while I am there. The issue is that both this place and the person I want to be are fictional. They only exist within my head as far as I know. And yet every night I stay awake for hours just imagining what it would be like to exist there, to leave this world behind and be reborn.

This desire is extremely powerful, and causes issues in my everyday life as I am not happy where I am or being who I am. I don't think anything that exists in this world could satisfy me, from traveling many places to being rich and powerful to living a humble life of compassion. All such imaginings are burned to ash in the incendiary ferocity of this singular desire.

Sometimes I wonder if I could get there through death, but I am too scared of cosmic repercussions to commit suicide. So my only hope is of continuing to live this life as I am, and maybe, just maybe, my desire will be granted upon my death. But I do not know this for sure.

I suppose this post is two things. One is a plea for validation. I want to know that my dream may come true, and if that is a possibility, what I need to do to make it a reality. Two is a cry for help, as I cannot imagine living out the rest of my life wanting so fiercely as I do now.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

Write it all out. Perhaps a book will form and you will benefit and so will the readers who dive into your thoughts.
Old 17-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Maybe what I had in mind and heart would have come across better if I had said "The nature, or quality, of the as-yet feeling unfulfilled wish" you expressed" instead of just alluding to it as "your 'yearning' fantasy".

You and I are clearly not vibing on the same frequency or you would have 'grokked' what I meant, Greenslade.

Wishing you the very best on your journey which (P.S.) I may well be as mistaken about as I think you are.

Over and out, Bro.
It seems I'll remain A Stranger In A Strange Land, so don't forget the soup. Thanks for the invite anyway, David, but there are very few on here whose level I vibrate at, it's just one of those things. If there's one thing from working in mental health I can take to Spirituality it's how very different others' realities are.

We are where we need to be, the Universe sees to that. There are no mistakes. What you're missing is the history, David, and it's one I've learned to keep very much to myself - one that I could have so easily expressed in here given the title of the thread.

Until such time as, Safe Journey, David.
Old 17-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
... I've learned to keep very much to myself...
Aye, that's the reality/destiny 'you' have chosen ('settled' on) for 'yourself'.

I have chosen to 'head and heart' in the opposite 'direction'.

Since IamU-n-URMe-n-WeR1-Living-as-Many-2gether, all spiritual 'space' ultimately curves back on Itself, however.

Hasta la vista, Bro!
Old 18-03-2018, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
I reacted to your using the word (i.e. the characterizing of something being) 'wrong' in your post (earlier), Greenslade.

This is your (unrecogbnized?) 'shadow'. There is a quality of 'disconnection', of unrelatedness/unrelatingness ('separation'?) between 'you' and those you speak with (in this case with 'me') which indicates (to me, that is) that 'you' are still 'wounded', i.e. not completely 'healed' (healed meaning 'whole').

Watch out for 'fortune tellers' - in this case the one's which 'revealed' that this is your 'last' incarnational life. What they say can seriously mess up the nature of one's process. Think of how the 'game playing' of a sportsman might be affected if he was 'told' and so 'believed' he would (certainly!) 'win' (at) the 'game' he was playing would screw with his "I might also possibly 'lose' if I don't play for all that I am worth" process!

Your yearning for said 'little girl' (special-one) connection fantasy is another 'indication' (to me, that is) that 'you' are not yet 'whole' .
It strikes me that the 'damage' of your relying on your 'belief' of something ahead of (its) time may be irremediable (except by way of another earthly life). Hence my choosing (I am looking for viable colleagues to associate with!) to 'move on'.

I say all this hoping, even while I doubt the possibility, that something that I say might spark your spirit into jumping its (present) track and really getting to where you (presently) just fantasize that 'you' are really going (in this life, that is). Maybe someone else will not go for and believe whatever 'psychic' 'reading' they are given (which they might have otherwise) as a result of reading these words. That amounts to spiritual malpractice - and invites 'unhealthy' outcomes (as it apparently has in your case) - IMO.

Hey there David.

What do you think about guides and channellings when people are connected in this way to source their information and awareness of themselves and others? I am curious more about someone who gives a reading for a person seeking the reading and another person comes up through that reading, or connection and it for tells a future life and cerain aspects of that future.. How valid is that reading, if the said reader is in fact still functioning from their shadow or not yet coming from wholeness? Can a reader shelve their own issues and separation/shadow to give readings that are valid and they themselves are not in the way of that incoming information. I have known some readers who have been quite accurate in readings and future information that has transpired and through my own awareness of them, notice they are still in process of their own shadow... Is that pure luck?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Aye, that's the reality/destiny 'you' have chosen ('settled' on) for 'yourself'.

I have chosen to 'head and heart' in the opposite 'direction'.

Since IamU-n-URMe-n-WeR1-Living-as-Many-2gether, all spiritual 'space' ultimately curves back on Itself, however.

Hasta la vista, Bro!
What is Spiritual space is relative to one's own perspective. The Universe is a toroid, it's a deeper understanding of 'karma'.
Old 18-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Hey there David.

What do you think about guides and channellings when people are connected in this way to source their information and awareness of themselves and others? I am curious more about someone who gives a reading for a person seeking the reading and another person comes up through that reading, or connection and it for tells a future life and cerain aspects of that future.. How valid is that reading, if the said reader is in fact still functioning from their shadow or not yet coming from wholeness? Can a reader shelve their own issues and separation/shadow to give readings that are valid and they themselves are not in the way of that incoming information. I have known some readers who have been quite accurate in readings and future information that has transpired and through my own awareness of them, notice they are still in process of their own shadow... Is that pure luck?
Though I think all 'channelings' and (so) 'readings' cannot help but be 'colored' by the 'spirit' (lens?) of the channeling/medium, I too have heard/known of 'accurate' readings, the 'accuracy' of which I presume to be a consequence of the dispassionateness ('passion' is what gives rise to 'bias') of the channeler/medium in relation to whatever it was the channeler/medium/propher was talking about. Examples of distorting 'bias' abound (also) abound however.

My main point against going to and 'believing' what channelers/mediums/prophesying prophets say about 'the future' (yours or others) is that such 'input' into one's pysche, if and as it is assumed to be a pre-ordained fact, then operates to change how one plays 'the game' (from how one would have played it if one thought in terms of all 'possibilities' (including alternative 'god' or 'bad' oustomes) really being possible - IOW, if one really played 'the game', uncertainties included, for all one was 'worth' in one's moment-to-moment here-and-now.

I am reminded on 'fundamentalist' Christians and Muslims smugly expecting that they will go to heaven/paradise because that (outcome) was 'prophesied' for all 'believers' and/or 'followers' of Jesus and Muhammad's 'words'!
Old 19-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Though I think all 'channelings' and (so) 'readings' cannot help but be 'colored' by the 'spirit' (lens?) of the channeling/medium, I too have heard/known of 'accurate' readings, the 'accuracy' of which I presume to be a consequence of the dispassionateness ('passion' is what gives rise to 'bias') of the channeler/medium in relation to whatever it was the channeler/medium/propher was talking about. Examples of distorting 'bias' abound (also) abound however.

My main point against going to and 'believing' what channelers/mediums/prophesying prophets say about 'the future' (yours or others) is that such 'input' into one's pysche, if and as it is assumed to be a pre-ordained fact, then operates to change how one plays 'the game' (from how one would have played it if one thought in terms of all 'possibilities' (including alternative 'god' or 'bad' oustomes) really being possible - IOW, if one really played 'the game', uncertainties included, for all one was 'worth' in one's moment-to-moment here-and-now.

I am reminded on 'fundamentalist' Christians and Muslims smugly expecting that they will go to heaven/paradise because that (outcome) was 'prophesied' for all 'believers' and/or 'followers' of Jesus and Muhammad's 'words'!
Just to clarify David, I'm a medium and although I don't practice any more I used to do rostrum work, so I understand the importance of accuracy. I also know what a difference bias can make so if I'm giving a reading I try and stay as unbiased as I can, concentrating solely on the connection and removing myself from the equation as much as possible. I try to steer very clear of anything to do with the future, if I do say anything about it I stress that anything I say is merely a possibility, nothing more.

I was given an exit point many years ago and since then I've gone into 'Spiritual retirement', I'm very much take it as it comes with no real motivation any more. If that means I'll have stunted Spiritual development I'll Live with that, it's my reality after all and those that matter Love me anyway. As long as I don't do anything stupid, I'll be fine. When I first started this Journey a very wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you as your own truth, leave the rest behind for it is not yours." I've always trusted in that and it's served me well, and I've trusted in that in this instance.

I don't go to mediums, my wife channels and I trust both her and the Spirits she channels. She also has no part in the channelling personally, she has no conscious involvement at all. I of all people know ho fragile the future is because I've been in that situation, so I would neither put anyone else in the same situation nor believe in it myself. I've been let down by 'prophesies' before.

Spiritually I must have accrued any amount of karmic brownie points in my favour without even being 'Spiritual, is there really any harm in feeling as though I just want to sit back on the porch with a few beers and watch the world go by? Doesn't staying after having been given an exit point because there are things I need to do not have any value? My Soul feels metaphorically old, David, and for many things I'm too long in the tooth.

What we express is a reflection of our own consciousness, never that of the subject. Words have power and they have power over those who use them, regardless of the meaning and intent behind them. Always choose your words with care.
Old 19-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Master
Thanks for the explanation of the nature of your 'light', Greenslade.

Quote:
Always choose your words with care.
Yes, words (the thoughts and emotions which give 'rise' tp them) have 'drumbeat' repercussive power - on their 'utterer' as well, Bro!

It is because I know this, that I engaged with you by pointing out and cautioning you about your use of the word 'wrong' to characterize what others had said and shared in this thread - implying IMO that what you posted in response was some kind of 'right' - i.e. 'superior'.

As far as I can see, you strike me as being too self-'confirming' ('white'-wasking) to 'see' this 'shadow' of your self.

Hence my opinion that your soul would end up coming 'back' to re-engage with this earthy-life 'medium' to 'finally' (fully) 'clean up' your self's 'act. Hence, also, my supposition (conclusion?) that your having been 'told' by a truth-channeler that this was you "final' earthly-life had resulted in your 'game' (playing) psychology getting 'messed up'.

I think, so my words are: It could have been that said 'probability' was indeed 'the top card' in the deck, but that said 'messing up' has resulted in a shuffling such that a different one (the one I 'sense' as being your present 'nature' and so 'see' as your present 'destiny') coming to the top. Or, it could have been that the one(s) (peeps and or 'spirits') who 'told' you (what you wanted? to hear) that this was your soul's 'final' (graduation!) life were biased in your 'favor'.

As far as your (white-washed, IMO) notion of 'retiring' is concerned, my words are there's 'retiring' and then there's 'retiring', LOL. Look how long it took you to 'lift your finger(s)' to begin engage with me in a spirit of mutuality, Bro! How heavy they (you?) must feel - how 'badly' must you wish to not have to engage with others who you 'experience' as being a 'drag' on your spirit?

Continuing with a 'condescending' attitude will just get your spirit into experiencing what its like to be and so feel 'lower'. On the other hand recognizing that you think and feel that way in relationship to (many?) others and fully considering and exploring and re-solving the whys and wherefores of such 'act' might just result in your not having to 'come back' to do that. Am not saying that there are no other 'thats' for you to 'come back' to deal with - just that this 'that' clearly indicates that your soul-ascension "mission" is not yet fully "accomplished" - that is to this viewer (who isn't 'biased' in your 'favor').