Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

View Poll Results: What are twin flames exactly?
Romantic feelings mixed with mythology 10 14.71%
Two souls that were cut in half and have to unite again 25 36.76%
Different name for soul mates (people you bonded with in a past life) 6 8.82%
Other.. 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Master
What are twin flames exactly?

What are twin flames exactly?

Do you believe they are two souls that have a special strong bond (continuing from a past life)? This is quite similar to the idea of soul mates, people you have bonded with strongly and you meet them again..

Do you believe twin flames were one soul that was cut in half, and now they have accepted the ''Search for my twin and unite again'' quest? Do you believe this to be the main goal of life?

Or do you believe (like me) that twin flames are just romantic feelings mixed with western spirituality? I mean, it's mostly western women who talk about twin flames.
Also, this is what wikipedia says about it:
''One story about soulmates, presented by Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium, is that humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them.. ''

Old mythology mixed with romantic feelings = new mythology?
How come it's (mostly) western spiritual women who believe in twin flames..? It looks to be more a cultural then a universal idea.

I believe the human mind is extremely powerful, and if we want to believe our loved one is our twin flame, then we can strongly believe it, to the point where we accept it as an unquestionable reality.

Of course.. I could be wrong. I have no idea. But if we are eternal spiritual beings that have lived many physical lives, why would there be a special one? Isn't it all very relative?

Vote and let me know what you think.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 01-11-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, I tend to believe what Sylvia Browne said - our soul mate/ best friend stayed on the other side to cheer us on and will be there
to greet us 'over there' -
they can incarnate here at the same time, but not usually.
Her advice was comical --So find someone you are compatible with
and make the best of it.
Just make it through this life already, bec it's hard.

My soul mate is my Beloved that I commune with often.
Now, that is the Divine Romance.
Human love? Been there, done that.
Cheers,
Miss Hepburn

Btw, where and what is NL, Chrys.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I tend to believe what Sylvia Browne said - our soul mate/ best friend stayed on the other side to cheer us on and will be there
to greet us 'over there' -
they can incarnate here at the same time, but not usually.
Her advice was comical --So find someone you are compatible with
and make the best of it.
Just make it through this life already, bec it's hard.

Cheers,
Miss Hepburn

Btw, where and what is NL, Chrys.

I agree with Sylvia, I agree with most of what she has to say and I like the way she says it, straight and point blank, she's harsh and a snot, I like that. There are so many posts on here about twin flames, i'm not sure what anyone is looking for but no one is going to automatically look in to someone else's eyes and "know them" as much as I have seen. Love is Love and it's hard and sometimes it doesn't work out, not because your twin flame didn't recognize you but IT DIDN'T WORK OUT. sometimes the "twin flame" you think it is could simply be another chance with someone from a past life to see if you can get it right this time. If you haven't found your "twin flame" give someone else a chance to give you love, don't block the world out for someone that might not show up. jmo
Old 01-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
I agree with Sylvia, I agree with most of what she has to say and I like the way she says it, straight and point blank, she's harsh and a snot, I like that. There are so many posts on here about twin flames, i'm not sure what anyone is looking for but no one is going to automatically look in to someone else's eyes and "know them" as much as I have seen. Love is Love and it's hard and sometimes it doesn't work out, not because your twin flame didn't recognize you but IT DIDN'T WORK OUT. sometimes the "twin flame" you think it is could simply be another chance with someone from a past life to see if you can get it right this time. If you haven't found your "twin flame" give someone else a chance to give you love, don't block the world out for someone that might not show up. jmo

well for me this is just how it was , i never paid particular attention to eyes before and the day i looked thro my twins eyes i saw right thro to his soul , and he validated everything i told him .much to his horror , the eyes are the gateway to the soul and i looked right thro his , i have battled with this twin flameperception for tow years now , and i had neevr even heard of it , im a medium who was going thro an awakening at the time and i just knew this man was the other half of me born from the same soul , i knew we was two into one , that same i went on fb and for sum reaosn i found soul mates it wa sonly when i read sumone spost that it resonated with me , i thought could it be possible ?? i went out and bought sum angel cards tht week , funily enough the cards i chose had the card twin flame , and the crazy thing is , birds always led me to my twin , and so did the lady who introduced us , shes my swan funnily enough the twin flame showed pics of both

i have doubted this connection for two years but truth is i already KNOW he is ,everyione is entitled to their view and this is mine .so yes i do believe that thro the eyes u can know sumone because it worked for me and if it worked for me it can work for anyone

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Dharma Employee

well, even before this experience, I once met someone at uni, who as soon as I looked into her eyes, I instantly thought, oh it's you again and she later communicated the same, to me, that I felt completely familiar to her, as soon as we met.

it was nothing like this, experience has been but yes, there was an instant recognition,
Old 01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Employee
well, even before this experience, I once met someone at uni, who as soon as I looked into her eyes, I instantly thought, oh it's you again and she later communicated the same, to me, that I felt completely familiar to her, as soon as we met.
it was nothing like this, experience has been but yes, there was an instant recognition,

I bet you'd love the movie "Made in Heaven", Timothy Hutton, Kell McGinnis - an oldie, but so good.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
supernova

In fact all I believe about soul mates is an ideal state. This is our dream and fantasy and yet not an unreality
Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Master
The idea of twin flames is mentioned in mythology yes, but it's also mentioned elsewhere. In sufism, I believe a twin soul is referred to as a sister soul. I'm sure I've come across the concept elsewhere as well but I can't recall any specifics at this time.

I disagree with the idea that it's only western women who talk about twin flames - that's quite a generalization. There are western men who talk about them as well and if you don't mind me asking... how many eastern women do you come in contact with to ask what they think of the idea? Do you know for certain what Mongolian women think of it or people in remote parts of India or Indonesia?

As for what I believe, I'm not sure. I know what I don't believe - I don't believe a twinflame is a soul that has been split in two and must reunite. I don't believe that feeling obsessed with someone means they're your twin. I don't believe that just because someone doesn't feel the same about you means they're a runner. I don't believe a twinflame relationship has to cause anguish and pain (although quite often it does). Acceptance of a situation can make it much easier to bear and realization of self and that none of us are really truly separate provides peace.

In the end I guess I just believe in the love part and the rest of it doesn't really matter in the end.

I voted "other"

Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I disagree with the idea that it's only western women who talk about twin flames - that's quite a generalization. There are western men who talk about them as well and if you don't mind me asking... how many eastern women do you come in contact with to ask what they think of the idea? Do you know for certain what Mongolian women think of it or people in remote parts of India or Indonesia?
Hello Kaere,

I didn't say only western women, but mostly western women.
I haven't seen any accounts of non-western women who talk about twin flames, yet I've read about their beliefs about an afterlife, reincarnation, ethical codes and so forth.
But nothing about twin flames. If anyone has, please share..

Quote:
In the end I guess I just believe in the love part and the rest of it doesn't really matter in the end.
I voted "other"
Thanks for explaining.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:40 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Hello Kaere,

I didn't say only western women, but mostly western women.
I haven't seen any accounts of non-western women who talk about twin flames, yet I've read about their beliefs about an afterlife, reincarnation, ethical codes and so forth.
But nothing about twin flames. If anyone has, please share..

Thanks for explaining.

I'm a western guy who's been on a twin-flame journey in spirit, just like Miss Hepburn and Voicesst mention. On the other side, chatting daily, supporting one another. She has her own life, fantastically different from my own. The desire to meet each other physically, as outrageously unlikely as it is, drives both of us toward greater heights, spiritually and in our self-confidence. Through this, I've learned not to focus on what I lack (the physical connection), but to be happy for the gifts I have (a telepathic connection).

For me, at least, I'm learning that what comes out of the experience is what you put into it, just like anything else. Even more so, since the TF is a reflection of ourselves. I've also learned to quit trying to fit into a mould, and enjoy the experience as it comes, one step at a time.