Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
kundalini

Should anyone have sugar in their tea, honey would be an excellent alternative as it creates a similar taste but is somewhat better for you.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Deactivated Account
i'll stick with my sugar, it keeps me sweet enough lol honey makes coffee taste funny
Old 02-11-2006, 06:26 AM
iLLER T

Arrow

Does anyone know about psoriasis? Could honey possible help calm the skin? I know nothing (supposedly) can cure it... but only supress it. Anyone? Anyone?

=)
Old 06-11-2006, 03:27 AM
kundalini

Hi iLLER T, apparently a crystal called Conichalcite is helpful for treating psoriasis and if you would like to know more information about that particular crystal, here is a link that will take you to some:

http://www.hehishelo.co.uk/stones/Conichalcite.htm

Also, the following site claims that a miracle cure for psoriasis has been discovered utilising banana peels...I suggest caution whilst reading what is there but since the site gives the information freely, it seems kosher. Here is the link:

http://www.awwwsome.com/theothernews/cure.htm

I hope this helps,

Kundalini.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Dariel

Hi all

Honey is natural medication and acting in similar way that mild antibiotics. And it contains other good ingredients in it as well. Can certainly be used on skin to calm it and also moisture. But it is difficult to use it without steaming room / sauna, as this makes the skin pores open first and makes honey more liquid to get absorbed into skin.

To heal psoriasis I do recommend aromatherapy. Those are excellent for skin problems. And also to calm emotions as well.

Lots of love and light
Dariel
Old 06-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Dariel

Forgot to write comment on sugar. White sugar takes lots of minerals from the body to make the body handle it. And as these minerals we need for neutralizing toxins and acids in the body, with lots of sugar we do not have minerals left for this work. Sugar and white wheat are two products which are really bad for the body. When enough minerals are not left for neutralizing toxins, the body need to do other tricks, like stocking toxins into joints and fat cells and it will cause health issues sooner or later.

Dariel
Old 22-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Jadewynd~

Honey, I use it in my tea. Honey is a great addition to increase energy and helps to fight colds when you are sick eg: sore throat, chest congestion. But, it is also a great facial home exfoliation. Mix it with Nutmeg and it really cleans the pores.
Old 22-11-2006, 05:22 AM
Third eye

jadewynd, honey taken with equal quantity of ginger juice and tulsi extract is beneficiel for cold and cough (tulsi is a sacred herb in India ,dont know the botonical name of it , if anyone knows it pls mention)
Old 13-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Woman Who Loves Nature

Everybody who agrees on the great aspects of honey are right on! I have been using honey for years in my coffee, tea, on my face, skin, cuts, burns, and... I make a great all around cold, cough and sore throat honey with crushed garlic, apple cider vinegar and honey (I make Five gallons at a time) and let it set for a few weeks or longer stirring it every few days it will just get better as it ages. Add the honey to suit your own taste and when it gets low just keep adding more of the above ingredients to make more then you can take it with the crushed garlic in it or strain it to use in hot water for a cup of throat soothing tea. It can also be used to add to your cooking in that form as well, makes a good glaze for any meat eaters out there! Just keep it in a cool place like a basement or cellar or a cool back room. A few years back there was a mountain woman who would buy a gallon at a time from me to use for her cooking on the wild meat she would hunt, as well as for colds and sore throat she might occasionally get during her winters in the mountains. I told her how to make it herself so she did and guess she still is for I haven't heard from her since. Anyhow... let's hear it for the great uses of locally grown organic honey! WWLN
Old 13-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLER T
Does anyone know about psoriasis? Could honey possible help calm the skin? I know nothing (supposedly) can cure it... but only supress it. Anyone? Anyone?

=)

My Dad had serious psoriasis.
He didn't try honey, but I know I would!
Love and light
AM
Closed Thread