Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 16-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Makoorakoo

Heres a quote for inspiration

this quote is from gitaroo man (dont worry it isnt a silly quote) so here it is:

"It doesnt take much to turn IMPOSSIBLE to I'M POSSIBLE"
Old 17-10-2006, 12:20 AM
kundalini

Hi Makoorakoo,

Great quote and a good play with the words. There is perhaps a deeper meaning in words...
Old 17-10-2006, 12:50 AM
BLAIR2BE

well, these words where a creation or manifestation of man, of man's mind, (or did they come from somthing more "divine".....) thus, words would reflect the condition of mankind, at the time they were created. example: "impossible" may reflect the insecurities or self imposed limitations, fears, etc. of the creator.
rastafari has grasped this concept to some extent, so,they manipulate launguage to reflect a more positive state of mind. example: understand would be changed to overstand. "under" denotes a lower level of "understanding", hence overstanding is a positive "spin" on the word. (if an english speaking person were to walk into a rastafari "reasoning" session, they would probably not understand a single word, that is the level of language manipulation used.)
i can understand the implications of such manipulation of sound, used on a constant basis...
Old 17-10-2006, 01:14 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
well, these words where a creation or manifestation of man, of man's mind, (or did they come from somthing more "divine".....) thus, words would reflect the condition of mankind, at the time they were created. example: "impossible" may reflect the insecurities or self imposed limitations, fears, etc. of the creator.
rastafari has grasped this concept to some extent, so,they manipulate launguage to reflect a more positive state of mind. example: understand would be changed to overstand. "under" denotes a lower level of "understanding", hence overstanding is a positive "spin" on the word. (if an english speaking person were to walk into a rastafari "reasoning" session, they would probably not understand a single word, that is the level of language manipulation used.)
i can understand the implications of such manipulation of sound, used on a constant basis...

That is a very interesting and informative BLAIR2BE.

I can see why these rastafari ( do you mean rastafarians? ) would find it useful to manipulate language in such a way as subconsciously the word 'understand' implies a lower level of understanding than perhaps 'overstanding would. Most interesting.

I believe you may have worded something wrong here though BLAIR2BE as I know it is of both mine and your's comprehension that the Creator is Love and therefore a word such as 'impossible' would not reflect the insecurities, self-imposed limitations or fears of the Creator.

I believe you meant that it would reflect the insecurities, self-imposed limitations or fears of the people whose understanding of the Creator at that time of such a word being created, in order to reflect their understanding of such a being. Is that what you meant?

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.
Old 17-10-2006, 01:28 AM
BLAIR2BE

oh, i mean the creator of the word, the author... not THE Creator...
Old 17-10-2006, 01:30 AM
BLAIR2BE

and yes, that would also reflect the author's perception of god at that time, and what is and isnt...

(i may be wrong, but i think (pretty sure) "rastafarians" is an improper way of pronouncing it, to the rastafari. you see, to the rastafari, all are one. "rastafarians" would denote many or seperate people/beings; where rastafari would refer to "all of us, as one". that simple principal is one of the basis for the religion/movement)(rastafari is singular)

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 17-10-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 17-10-2006, 01:34 AM
BLAIR2BE

...oneness of man and god...

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 17-10-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 17-10-2006, 01:42 AM
kundalini

Ah, I see. I misunderstood what you meant, lol.

Yes, you're probably right about 'rastafari' being the singular word for the more plural 'rastafarians'. The intricacies of language...
Old 17-10-2006, 01:45 AM
BLAIR2BE

a true rasta knows that all of us are of singular spirit, hence the common term i and i; kinda means namaste (<spelled right??). there are many aspects of the rasta faith that ive adopted.
Old 17-10-2006, 01:58 AM
kundalini

Yeah, namaste's spelt right. What aspects of the rasta faith have you adopted BLAIR2BE and how is it that you know so much about their way of life?

Kundalini.
Closed Thread