Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Master

Quote:
As I write this it came to me that this is what Jesus meant when he said come before the Father as a child...
drop all of your concepts...don't be anything...just be...."and I will take you to myself"
I'd love to see one man or woman actually trust in faith enough to drop all concepts and stop seeking comfort after death through other avenues and beliefs. who can prove consciousness after death? are any of you dead? What do you need to cling to so tightly to prove you will always exist? etc 'past lives', why?
Old 29-10-2016, 03:05 AM
Knower

Where is your consciousness when you are in a deep sleep ?...have you looked at this question?..do you know that you are;... when you are in a deep sleep?.....you do not have the signal that you are in deep sleep...and yet you are certainly there in your bed....alive.....un-conscious to the outer world....let this thought ruminate
and bring about what it will......sorry sometimes I just write

Love
acorn
Old 29-10-2016, 03:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
I'd love to see one man or woman actually trust in faith enough to drop all concepts and stop seeking comfort after death through other avenues and beliefs. who can prove consciousness after death? are any of you dead? What do you need to cling to so tightly to prove you will always exist? etc 'past lives', why?

Non a bad point. I think the mind is so programmed/conditioned in the need to put a story to our experiences, in many ways it serves to pacify our fear of the unknown. I suppose it all goes back to the notion that everything and anything that matters is truly right now, in the Now.

As far as 'consciousness', we use consciousness to direct thought, no? I say never mind to thought or beliefs of the "after life" one thing is certain, when our physical self dies or disposes, we are energy and energy never gets destroyed,it always transforms. So really, the essence of who are are ( in this case spirit as energy) lives on after death. When I dream of my deceased relatives, my sensories can feel their essence/presence. My presumption is that their transmitting information to me through energy and vibration, and I recognize them from the essence of who they are

Really, It's all based on what the individual is experiencing personally. As to how we are affected in both duality or non duality going forward, i think the key words here is finding alignment and balance in your vibration. I like the concepts of the Yin and the Yan ( Taosim) when understanding duality.
Old 29-10-2016, 03:33 AM
Master

Your consciousness is in delta state when you sleep. There are five brain wave states. Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta, and Gamma. From alpha, theta and gamma higher states of consciousness can be reached during one or more of these states. Where you can understand all the 'memories' de ja vus and other phenomenon. Is it possible for you to show me the brains activity in any of these states after the brain is announced dead?
Old 29-10-2016, 04:38 AM
Knower

but.... "you".... are not there...are you ?...these states are scientifically measurable to those outside these states....but of the one sleeping...in some stages, they know that ...they are...in deep sleep ...they have no consciousness of who they are....it merges .....in what ?...this is to be explored

Love
acorn
Old 29-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Master

How do you know who you are without any type of consciousness of it? How can it be proven that after the brain where consciousness of any of these brain states exists lives on? How is that measured after brain is dead? Can you bring the body back to life after lets say 3 months and have that person give accurate account of conscious awareness of any kind? Everything and all that you see, have read, and known is within your brain. It's all there, everything and all knowledge possible from various states of consciousness, it all streams in various ways. After the brain is dead. How do you know of anything you know and see or heard from absolutely anything you are aware of now once you are announced dead? How do you know who you are?
Old 29-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Knower

you don't know....how could you...you..are not there

not brain...mind...you loose consciousness each night in deep sleep....
you re-gain consciousness upon waking...but before you wake do you know that you are?.....you do not....your consciousness is not there to register that you are.

you wake up and receive the signal that you are...it is this way with consciousness after death...suddenly...spontaneously... you are aware that you are.
the consciousness resides in the same "place" as it does when you are in deep
sleep......spontaneously...it becomes manifest....again

Love
acorn
Old 29-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Experiencer

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
No-one can explain what is meant by duality. Just as no-one can explain what is meant by 'soul' or 'spirit' and all the rest. All one can explain is what these words (among many others) mean to oneself.

In my view there is a duality we can see. One is mind and the other is matter. Mind creates matter and therefore a duality. Mind contains the whole and creates visible and invisible worlds. Both are sides of the same coin.

Yes, and beyond both, and every single expression from that, is non duality or "not two". Its not a conceptual thing. Not in relation to knowing what one is. That right there is the fork in the road. There is no "one" in relation to "two". Its not even experience as one interprets experience. Its not "no time" or "formless" or "unmanifested".... those are just the other side of the same coin from the mind. Enlightenment/liberation is when that coin melts away and disintegrates...then you are there. No more ying and yang as it goes.

Most of course are sincere in the search or path to find god nirvana, liberation. Yet when you realize the end doesnt include a separate self as primary and only there as a conceptual or relative appearence, that same sincerity is dropped by the inconvinience of the truth, which is again only a conceptual assumtion of what IS.

Sure, one may become more aware. And that awareness can expand and even endure at times. Its beautiful to taste that transparency.* However, this awareness serves more as a broker, brokering reality and illussion, the temporal and the eternal, the finite and the infinite, the manifested and unmanufest, duality and that which is beyond that relationship driven world.
Old 29-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
How do you know who you are without any type of consciousness of it? How can it be proven that after the brain where consciousness of any of these brain states exists lives on? How is that measured after brain is dead? Can you bring the body back to life after lets say 3 months and have that person give accurate account of conscious awareness of any kind? Everything and all that you see, have read, and known is within your brain. It's all there, everything and all knowledge possible from various states of consciousness, it all streams in various ways. After the brain is dead. How do you know of anything you know and see or heard from absolutely anything you are aware of now once you are announced dead? How do you know who you are?

Consciousness does not exist in or originate from the brain. The brain is essentially an antenna. Via the third eye and crown chakra it is picking up on all kinds of signals around you, including the mental layer of the aura.
You can measure all the signals you want in the brain, but the only thing it proves, is that the signals are there.
How can you prove that your ideas and thoughts are stored outside of your brain? You can not, untill you have better hardware. How do you get the better hardware? It is impossible, untill the consciousness of humanity is high enough.
Old 29-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Master

dead is dead. No consciousness.