Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
midnightstar

A couple of Anne Frank quotes I like

“In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank

"No one has ever become poor by giving."
Anne Frank
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Master
I love quotes where do I start?

The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.
Thomas A. Edison

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Nelson Mandela

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Buddah

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.”

Anthony Robbins

If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants. Isaac Newton. ( that is us on this forum We are the product of the ideas before us) We should not boast in our wisdom as it was something we received from those before us!.

Henry Ford
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Knower
"If only people understood that God is Love."
Old 13-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Master
"God save us from religion."
Old 13-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Master
"its life jim but not as we know it..."~ Spock

"the bigger the outward show the greater the inner sorrow..."~ J Krishnamurti

"self love is self doubt..."

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."~ Dresden James

"The whole purpose of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with a series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary..."

"live the nightmare"~ Robbie Williams

"take both pills **** the matrix"
Old 13-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Master
"Freedom and love go together. Love is not a reaction. If I love you because you love me, that is mere trade, a thing to be bought in the market; it is not love. To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom..."

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms..."

"All ideologies are idiotic, whether religious or political, for it is conceptual thinking, the conceptual word, which has so unfortunately divided man..."

"If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem..."

"In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself..."

all J Krishnamurti
Old 28-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Guide
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
sesheta

My personal favourite:

Man doth not yield himself to the angels, nor unto death utterly; save through the weakness of his feeble will...

From Edgar Allan Poe's story "Ligeia"
Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Occultist

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes) ...
Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Master
"Once you label me you negate me." Soren Kierkegaard (Danish theologian)

Blackraven