Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 17-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Master
Your mind is powerful!! Is all about you controlling your mind and desires. I have to say cigarettes is the worst addiction thou. I still might smoke one a week or I can hold it for longer but I'm much better now then before. My goal is to be smoke free. So far I don't have the urges like I used to. Is doable.
Old 17-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Suspended
Two years+ a non smoker here. Having my lungs back is a wonderful thing!

It took months to distance myself from the act of smoking, with NRT. After that came the trials of resolving the addition, by gradual reduction of NRT intake. That was tough time, ate a lot of food, but it was well worth it.
Old 18-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Guide

Norseman, i'll stop smoking in your honor
Old 29-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenight
I quit my cocaine habit many years ago , without help (no rehab, no supportive friends/family), yet I am not able to quit smoking. I am surprised, I thought it would have been easy, I thought my mind was powerful

Years ago, a brother-in-law of mine ( he's passed now ) and a friend of his went to a clinic in St. Louis, Missouri to stop smoking. He smoked three packs a day and smoked all his life.

On the trip to the clinic that day, he and his friend chained smoked all the way up as they thought this will be their last cigarettes. When they got there, his friend didn't go in, but my brother-in-law did and got the treatment.

His friend stayed out in the truck continuing to smoke, when Larry was done, and the friend smoked all the way home with Larry sitting next to him.

Larry, my brother-in-law, never touched another cigarette since that day at the clinic.

When I asked Larry a few weeks after his clinic visit, what they did to him, he didn't really know. He said they did something to his ear with a little electronic device, the person saying to him during the treatment he will never want another cigarette after this.

The visit only cost him $ 85.00 dollars. It would have only been $ 55.00 had his friend not changed his mind and not get his treatment.

I called that place ( I don't smoke I wanted to see if this worked for weight loss, too ) a few years after Larry had that done. They told me ownership of the company changed, and they didn't do the treatments anymore, however the lady told me some chiropractors do the treatment. She told me it's called,

" Auricular Therapy ".

I can tell you this, if my brother-in-law can quit smoking because of this, anyone can.

You might check where you live to see if anyone does it. Maybe check the chiropractors in your area, or, if you live in a large city, look for a clinic that does this treatment.
Old 15-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
Your mind is powerful!! Is aI l about you controlling your mind and desires. I have to say cigarettes is the worst addiction thou. I still might smoke one a week or I can hold it for longer but I'm much better now then before. My goal is to be smoke free. So far I don't have the urges like I used to. Is doable.

I am familiar with your words, I have reached this level of detachment in other areas... Sometimes there's not even the need for the attention to shift to something else. Yours is a very remarkable progress by the way... Chapeau! And thanks, this is inspiring
Old 16-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
Two years+ a non smoker here. Having my lungs back is a wonderful thing!

It took months to distance myself from the act of smoking, with NRT. After that came the trials of resolving the addition,th gradual reduction of NRT intake. That was tough time, ate a lot of food, but it was well worth it.

That's not a problem, i would like to regain my original weight! Weight loss occured with cocaine and years after i still miss my original body. I don't know what NRT is (different countries) but i understand;) Thank You
Old 16-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Years ago, a brother-in-law of mine ( he's passed now ) and a friend of his went to a clinic in St. Louis, Missouri to stop smoking. He smoked three packs a day and smoked all his life.

On the trip to the clinic that day, somets friend chained smoked all the way up as they thought this will be their last cigarettes. When they got there, his friend didn't go in, but my brother-in-law did and got the treatment.

His friend stayed out in the truck continuing to smoke, when Larry was done, and the friend smoked all the way home with Larry sitting next to him.

Larry, my brother-in-law, never touched another cigarette since that day at the clinic.

When I asked Larry a few weeks after his clinic visit, what they did to him, he didn't really know. He said they did something to his ear with a little electronic device, the person saying to him during the treatment he will never want another cigarette after this.

The visit only cost him $ 85.00 dollars. It would have only been $ 55.00 had his friend not changed his mind and not get his treatment.

I called that place ( I don't smoke I wanted to see if this worked for weight loss, too ) a few years after Larry had that done. They told me ownership of the company changed, and they didn't do the treatments anymore, however the lady told me some chiropractors do the treatment. She told me it's called,

" Auricular Therapy ".

I can tell you this, if my brother-in-law can quit smoking because of this, anyone can.

You might check where you live to see if anyone does it. Maybe check the chiropractors in your area, or, if you live in a large city, look for a clinic that does this treatment.

Wow. Thank You for this advice and for sharing this story. I am registering everything in my head and in the long run this can be very helpful! I have been educated to resolve situations with the decisional power and natural remedies but yes, sometimes it is hard without professional help
Old 03-06-2015, 03:21 AM
Seeker

I am struggling with quitting. Smoking has been a crutch for me. Started during a time of dissatisfaction with my life. I used to smoke weed, and they all told me u will end up a smoker. Truth is I only starting smoking tobacco because I couldnt get my hands on any weed. Now I have a smoking habit.

I don't feel I will be able to quit now, because I am missing one important thing. Truly wanting to quit. I like the idea of quiting, and know I should. But at the moment I don't really want to. I like having it as a crutch.

Does it interfere with spirituality in any way?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartock
Does it interfere with spirituality in any way?
Hi Kartock. Smoking does not, no. But if you're feeling bad about yourself, or about what you're doing or not doing, that will interfere with your ability to be joyful and in the present... which one could say interferes with your spirituality.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Seeker

Thanks Baile. Hadn't thought of it like that