Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 28-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Master
Unwanted spirit voices - Help!

I have a favorite niece who seems to have bumbled her way into some kind of spirit possession, or something similar. She was going through a period of "checking different things out," and was attending (sporadically, I believe) a Spiritualist Church - to find out what it's like. After toying with a Ouija board at home (on her own), she found that she began to hear voices.

The voices never leave her for long, and the real problem is they say what she considers to be usually quite derogatory, discouraging things to her. She dropped any contact with Ouija boards, and discontinued any contact with the Spiritualist group.

Though her night sleep was frequently disrupted for a period of a year or so, she has been able to keep her job (teaching music at a school), to maintain her apartment, and to drive her car. She also has a bit of a social life. I consider all those things to be healthy for her.

After this was going on for a while, she was seeing a psychiatrist for regular counselling sessions, and was put on anti-psychotic type drugs, as an out-patient. The drugs did not end the voices, nor improve their amiability or messages. They had side-effects only, making her sleepy during the day, which conflicted with her practical life. So she has discontinued taking them.

My niece is now strongly averse to being a medium. In any case, our family is more oriented to approaches like Vedanta or Unity, and we've had family members who (though Westerners) are Buddhist practitioners. My niece confides in me and tells me she longs for these entities to leave her alone as their communications are more forceful than "suggestions" and are not helpful.

She was advised a while back to use a white-light technique, in which she inwardly surrounds whatever voice she is hearing at the moment with light. She says this works for a while, but the voices return after a shorter or longer period of time.

Any insights or advice I can pass along?
Old 29-04-2013, 10:11 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I have never been to a spiritualist church myself. I've been toying with the idea of going and have heard great things about them. The problem with your niece does not come from the church itself. Its the use of the Ouija board. The use of that can invite negative entities around that probably would not otherwise cross her path or seek her out if she were a medium.

I am a medium and telepath and I have learned with both the living and those in spirit that sometimes if you don't want to hear from someone, you have to learn to tune them out. I know. Easier said than done sometimes. The less I focus on interacting with someone in particular, the less I hear them, until I don't hear them at all.
Old 29-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I am a medium and telepath and I have learned with both the living and those in spirit that sometimes if you don't want to hear from someone, you have to learn to tune them out. I know. Easier said than done sometimes. The less I focus on interacting with someone in particular, the less I hear them, until I don't hear them at all.
Yes, she believes (and I agree) the problem arose from naively fooling around with the Ouija board. She, of course, has left that far behind.

I'd like to clarify what you mean about 'the less you focus on them, the less you hear them, until you don't hear them at all'. Do you mean that something like "surrounding the voice with white light" is still paying attention to the voice, and therefore it is still focusing on them? Or is that the sort of method that does not pay them the heed that they want, and therefore would be part of tuning them out?

If, in your opinion, there is a better way to tune them out, please explain.

Thanks for posting.
Old 30-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Master
It's odd that the Ouija board attracts chaotic and negative entities, theoretically it's just another tool right, yet it does seem to have a fairly established reputation for bringing bad joo-joo to people. It seems for many to be the equivalent of playing with black magic or the shadow side of energy.

New Age philosophy contains some interesting ideas. For example to be an effective healer it is likely you were martyred in a past life as you were learning to develop it, to be a spiritual warrior who can cast out demons, you were likely in a previous life possessed by demons and so on. Meaning bit by bit we learn what we want to be and how to be it through building up the foundation of the extreme ends of the scale. In this way there is learning in all experiences in life.

From this line of thinking your niece is very likely in this life (or next) to be a channel of the highest vibration voices/spirits if she learns how to control what vibration she attracts. In this case she attracted the dark side or lower etheric vibrations. By changing her own vibrational level they won't be able to create a harmonic with her anymore and thus she won't be able to hear them any longer and instead she'll move upwards into vibrational realms
where higher more love based beings exist instead of those that feed on fear.

Light is a vibration, by thinking bright white light at the entity it changes our vibration and a match can't be made and so they leave until our vibration again drops again and they can be perceived and influence us again. According to this train of thought the reason they are returning is due to her vibration drop - or how much light she produces.

We effect our vibration and the amount of light we produce by our emotional state and how we react to the world and what our internal thinking is. Love is the highest vibration. If she loves music it is likely they don't pester her then as they can't find a vibrational match when she's experiencing Love.

According to this line of thinking what she'll want to do is learn how to always maintain a high vibration. So thinking positively, surround ding herself with hobbies, circumstances and people she loves will help her maintain the love vibration. Mapping out when, where and what she is doing when she can perceive them and then rebuilding those times of day or thought patterns into ones which hold more love could be very useful.

Thinking about them on any level is an invitation for them to be heard/felt/sensed, being in love with self, life and all that is within it excludes that which does come from a base of love.

Much of what we do in life to control the outward appearance and perception of life comes from deliberate change from within ourselves. Hearing beings from the shadow side could be said to be very much a spiritual learning experience, because we learn first hand why we might want to try out a different set of thinking patterns in our head, which in turn creates a different vibration.

Maybe have her listen to Abraham Hicks on Utube - Abraham Hicks is a channeled higher being who puts things in a way where its much more understandable for us humans. To just say "We are what we think." isn't always as helpful as someone from a species of beings who's entire species has had to learn it in their evolution process.

It may also bring her peace to know that she's not a victim right now and was actually in the process of figuring out something very important about our abilities, and while the ouiji board led to the wrong energies/entities it is very correctable, and she can get back on track.
Old 30-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Master
Crystal Song, those are some very interesting thoughts... I thank you for the time it took to develop and post them in your reply.

My niece, Sally, finds dealing with the spirit voices to be a struggle, and recently told me the situation depresses her. Quite a bit of what the voices say seems to be in-line with 19th-century conservative Christianity, though this is not adhered to by our family members. She might have heard something of this sort of beliefs from kids at school, when she was growing up - kids from Fundamentalist families. Her early school years, in a small town, probably brought her ino contact with these sorts of concepts - and I know for a fact those years involved some bullying (which probably had nothing to do with any religious ideas).

I would describe Sally as gentle and delicate, not hardy. The people who know her seem to recognize that she is persevering, sincere, caring, and intelligent. Steady working and self-responsible. Talented, too (though not any kind of shooting-star sort of talent).

When she was a small child, she used to tell family members that she remembered "being with God" before she was born. Maybe this is why she studied philosophy in university (but she swtiched to linguistics and music before graduating). She was told at the Spiritualist Church that her deceased grandmother wanted her to have the message that she should continue with her piano playing and her composition of music. And she definitely does enjoy these.

These are scattered thought that I'm communicating here. One thing I can say that is in-line with what you're recommending, I think, is that the notion of keeping her vibrations high has always been something that she'd have understood as desirable. I think what she's willing to do now is work toward that methodically.
Old 30-04-2013, 04:17 AM
Master
Something that entered my thoughts when reading your words was the idea of the Dark Night of the Soul. Basically its a situation or series of situations forcing us for a period to confront our inner most demons - whatever face/voice we give them. Most of what we humans are is projected onto us from infancy onward by parents, schooling, religion, university, work place, neighbors and social groups. We're literally taught how to be a human and how to fit into the pack.

In order to transcend all that and return our knowledge that we are energy spirits having a human experience but are completely capable of transcending dualistic perceptions/beliefs and using our knowledge as spirits to effect the world around us we must shed all that programming that we are humans.

For some this is done gentle over a lifetime, slowly learning to think beyond the constructs we were given as tools to learn how to define the world, and for others it comes through the Dark Night of the Soul experience which is a brutal and painful shedding of all we thought we were through experiencing vast levels of pain causing us to find a entirely new mental construct for explaining our very Existence and what we really are.

Mine was an extreme explosion of psychic abilities activated by the Twin Flame experience, to find the meaning and purpose in the twin flame experience I had to go through the Dark Night of the Soul. Did I mention its excruciatingly painful?
However where it lands is interesting, it's the short brutal path up the mountain and as such you get a longer period on earth with all your abilities in full use, where as the gentle awakening unfolding over decades gets you there too but there's less time to assist others through healing, channeling, light work, and so on.

Both paths are very valid and lead to the same place eventually.
That she remembers being with God before she was born is profound, and ultimately what those of us with strong spiritual inclinations are trying to do, before we are automatically returned via bodily death. The programming we get tho to both operate a human body in this density and then to fit into the herd is a herculean effort to overcome.

I applaud Sally, she has chosen the high narrow path and like all who are on it she is heroic in undergoing it. It is uniquely individualized and her faith that there is a Oneness/Source/Divine Construct/God as desire to again be in complete awareness of it will be her staff/hiking stick to assist her on the Journey upwards.

It is a Journey we each undertake individually tho and few in the mental health field actually get that and misdiagnosis's are epidemic as are prescription mind altering psychotropics. She is far better of using a little wisdom (no ouiji boards and voodoo dolls =P ) and being near those also on the spiritual path.

But I digress and am just rambling out loud now so will stop...lol
Old 30-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Knower

Thank you for sharing your nieces story.

She picked up entities at the spiritual center. This is common. In some circles this process is referred to as spiritual awakening. Unfortunately many believe that all things spirit means all things in grace. The reality is however "as above so below" meaning that while she can physically end contact with abusive types who have bodies doing so in spirit is much more difficult since they have no form to contain them. They move in and out of space and time with impunity.

So what to do?

As she found out drugs are not the answer because the brain and body are not the problem. Time to invest in a spiritual practice based on meditation. I trained as a mystic and we learned how to navigate the good, the bad, and the ugly in spirit. Several things to consider: do not feed the trolls. They will kick and in a way that will drive anyone crazy. Been there. The Zen approach is become an observer to the traffic while routing impressions out of your mental space as fast as they arise. Stop resisting. Simply move them out. Own you reality. Own your well being. You are not the reason you are being invalidated. In the end there is nothing like a solid spiritual training to help one deal with spiritual contact.

Once you have been awakened you cannot go back.

Been there and back in spades.
Old 30-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
Thank you for sharing your nieces story.

She picked up entities at the spiritual center. This is common.

Hi TruthJunkie, How do you know the above statement? I'm not challenging you, but am instead truly curious, while occasionally I do receive information from Higher realms concerning situations/people in the 3D, it's rather hit or miss and comes in a variety of ways, so I'm always interested to know how others receive definitive information.
Old 30-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Experiencer
Tanemon I have much experience dealing with that sort of stuff. I can get rid of the voices but I cannot guarantee they will stay gone, it is up to her to keep them out. When I push away negative entities I just give the person breathing room to work out the issues that have attracted the entities. In majority of the cases it gives the person the chance to strengthen their energy field which will in turn prevent negative entities to return.
Old 30-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Knower

Cystal Song you really hit some good points! I had dark night of soul with my twins arrival as well. I was bombarded with spirits. Still not sure if some were good being bad to teach me some very important lessons. Anyway, during this time my twin told me to sing if I got overwhelmed or frightened. Either out loud or in my head. It worked and it still works. Additionally, positive thoughts. I said I love you in my head a million times. Things turned and the voices returned the same message.