Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2018, 12:52 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
I have no idea what that is, and google took me to a british pop group.
Enough said.
Old 20-10-2018, 12:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Enough said.
Fine by me. I've got plenty to keep me busy as is.
Old 20-10-2018, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
This system can be used to describe just about anything in spiritualist culture. Anything that makes us feel safe, anyway.

This fills me with despair.
It can also be used to 'blow off' anything as just being that. You stri9ke me as being nothing more than a 'sophisticated' naysayer.
Old 20-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
It can also be used to 'blow off' anything as just being that. You stri9ke me as being nothing more than a 'sophisticated' naysayer.
Naysayer is one thing. Condescending naysayer -- guffawing and invalidating peoples' replies before saying nay -- is next-level.
Quote:
Fine by me. I've got plenty to keep me busy as is.
In other words, "nyah nyah nyah-NYAH nyah!" You refused to honestly respond to a simple, fundamental, spiritual and human question: Do you believe in the Brotherhood of Humanity? And this is your reply. You're not just not trying, you're frantically avoiding.

Last edited by Baile : 20-10-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 20-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Master
DP...........
Old 20-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
In the Grail story Parsifal, the supernatural Grail procession passes in front of Parsifal's eye, and then disappears. It evaporates into the night mist because Parsifal failed to act; he failed to ask the question the Grail would have us all ask.

From: http://portalofconsciousness.com/the-story-of-parsifal/
The goal of life is not merely to attain personal happiness. Rather, it is to serve the Grail – that is, to live a life not of ego but of our most authentic nature, our souls. As Robert A. Johnson so eloquently sums it up,
"One can not pursue happiness; if he does he obscures it. If he will proceed with the human task of life, the relocation of the center of gravity of the personality to something greater outside itself, happiness will be the outcome.”
For a beautiful examination of this myth in much greater detail, please see the book “He: Understanding Masculine Psychology” by Robert A. Johnson, from which all quotes above were derived.
Old 20-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
[quote=Davidsun]...something which is tends to be underappreciated by still psychospiritually immature Love and Joy seekers, sharers and would‑be benefactors as a result of their still being susceptible to being tempted by and (so) over-subscribing to a body-based pleasure‑desirous and pain-aversive calculus: ‘Succeeding’ (in the sense of experiencing what one ‘likes’ and not experiencing what one ‘dislikes’) in this regard does not (not in and of itself, at least) lead to folks becoming unselfishly (hence holistically, or cosmically) loving and joyful or incline them to synergically engage with and creatively augment such sort of soul development in others..
Quote:
I understand this.I do not understand this. Specifically, why so serious? Why so extreme a position on this? Can't a person gravitate towards joy-filled life, and STILL have a depth-understanding and wisdom-knowledge of "every aspect of their planetary environment, are not separate aspects of Life, but really part and parcel of the expressive Life-Flow of a Single (Cosmic!) Being"? I don't see this as either-or.
I didn't intend to suggest "either-or", just that "only" maximizing physical (or physiosocial) pleasures and minimizing physical (or physiosocial) pains, as in many cases of peeps whose are 'born with silver spoons in their mouths' (so to speak), who 'grow up' to become 'spoiled brats' (again, so to speak) or worse!

Quote:
Also, why do you put so much emphasis on the idea of a "single being"? The word "being" it seems to me is getting into "God" territory as a description, which I would think one would want to avoid given the religious connotations. I use Cosmic Consciousness specifically to downplay the "being" thing. What's your take on all that? Very very nice stuff BTW.
Good Q. The idea which I wanted to reference was/is the non-separateness, i.e. interconnectedness, of all 'being', that one's 'personal' being' was/is part and parcel of (all) Being Itself - that there is only BEING (albeit said being may be 'manifest' or 'unmanifest') - the I Am THAT idea.

Maybe I'll replace the word 'Single' with 'Unitary' - or something else which comes to mind as being more elucidative (thanks for the thought-provocation ).

My 'Big Picture' speculation dovetails with Michael Newtons: Our Universe/Being/God/Oversoul may be One - amidst many, all related in 'Ultimate' terms, Ones - just as our personal souls are (little 'o') ones, or little 'g' gods, amidst a 'universe' of other little 'o' ones, which all together 'constitute' a big 'O' One.

I very much appreciate the appreciation and the feedback, Baile-one.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Knower

Quote:

Be struck, then. The act of nay-saying is not necessarily pointless, when the individuals afflicted might benefit from moments of self-doubt. It is my sincere and heartfelt belief that the new age community is so far ahead of itself in terms of wild guesses and unfounded assumptions that they are stumbling over primordial truths regarding the true nature of the human spirit that can be studied simply by watching how the world actually works, as opposed to how we want it to work.

I have no delusions regarding the limits of my powers of persuasion. People don't change simply because some chump on the internet puts together a small thesis on why they need to change. But the little scratches we give eachother in these discussions do sometimes become cracks, down the line. I'm sure others have done it to me, and I'm sure I'm better for it. We don't tend to remember the little nicks that toughen our hides. If just one person reading our conversations walks away a little harder, a little more willing to push forward unfettered by assumption, then I have done a good deed, and the few minutes I've spent are justified.

It's fine if you don't see how that could possibly happen, or the need for it. You're not really the sort of person I hope to reach. It's the ones who look in, intelligent and curious and quiet, and are disappointed by what they find. There are a lot of these people, and their passage is invisible to common users like us.

Quote:
In other words, "nyah nyah nyah-NYAH nyah!" You refused to honestly respond to a simple, fundamental, spiritual and human question: Do you believe in the Brotherhood of Humanity? And this is your reply. You're not just not trying, you're frantically avoiding.
I did not understand his question because it was not specific. The brotherhood of man could have been an organization as well as an idea. I do not like to make assumptions about this kind of thing, and when he did not clarify, I did not feel like pursuing the matter.

But now that you ask, I'm not sure if I do. I have hope, and I have doubts. When I look at what parts of society have and have not changed with the passing of the millenia, the continued love of the boot that slaves seem to continually possess for their masters worries me. We should not still be where we are. So I do not unconditionally trust in a profound and good human unity.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Be struck, then. The act of nay-saying is not necessarily pointless, when the individuals afflicted might benefit from moments of self-doubt. It is my sincere and heartfelt belief that the new age community is so far ahead of itself in terms of wild guesses and unfounded assumptions that they are stumbling over primordial truths regarding the true nature of the human spirit that can be studied simply by watching how the world actually works, as opposed to how we want it to work.

I have no delusions regarding the limits of my powers of persuasion. People don't change simply because some chump on the internet puts together a small thesis on why they need to change. But the little scratches we give eachother in these discussions do sometimes become cracks, down the line. I'm sure others have done it to me, and I'm sure I'm better for it. We don't tend to remember the little nicks that toughen our hides. If just one person reading our conversations walks away a little harder, a little more willing to push forward unfettered by assumption, then I have done a good deed, and the few minutes I've spent are justified.

scratches. nicks. ok. consider this.

spend an hour or two trying to learn what spirituality is through your thoughts and or the thoughts of others.

or spend an hour or two in a practice that may bring one to a place beyond the mind and emotional body.

if its about peace. if its about being content. about joy. has it ever come from debates of ideas? history doesnt suggest so. has it ever happend by going beyond the mind and emotional body. yes. for many. many know this? i doubt it. they are to busy coming up with a new plan. a new idea. as if that ever worked.

with that said . nine times out of ten. im guessing. the mind will be ones path. which may be at least in my view. insane

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 21-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
scratches. nicks. ok. consider this.

spend an hour or two trying to learn what spirituality is through your thoughts and or the thoughts of others.

or spend an hour or two in a practice that may bring one to a place beyond the mind and emotional body.

if its about peace. if its about being content. about joy. has it ever come from debates of ideas? history doesnt suggest so. has it ever happend by going beyond the mind and emotional body. yes. for many. many know this? i doubt it. they are to busy coming up with a new plan. a new idea. as if that ever worked.

with that said . nine times out of ten. im guessing. the mind will be ones path. which may be at least in my view. insane
In the short time I've been here it amazes me the number of people who might meditate or do yoga every once in a while, but otherwise seem to hang out here just to **** all over everybody elses spiritual beliefs.

Why do they do that? I have no idea. I have a checking account, but I don't go to a banking forum to laugh at all the bankers. I can clear a drain, but I don't go to a plumbers forum to tell them I know more than they do. I change the oil in my car, but I don't go to a mehanics forum to incite arguments there.

But for some reason there are a lot of people that see 'Spiritual forum' and think "That's a great fit for me! I know all about that!" when it isn't and they don't.

...and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Closed Thread