Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 30-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Experiencer

Modern rules of friendship

Is it just me? Or has this world become so narcissistic that we have lost the ability to communicate. To share in the simple joys of life. To relish in each others achievements. To stand by and support each other in ones time of need. How do we go back to a simplier times? When community and friendship weren't foreign words.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Master

Throw away our electronic devices.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Throw away our electronic devices.

YES!!! Definitely.

People have become too dependent on it. Its like everywhere i look people are on their stupid internet phones. Its annoying when i'm walking and the person in front all of a sudden stops or slows down just to text someone. Especially if it happens when i'm going down a flight of stairs. I feel like pushing them down. Its like text messaging is our way of communication now. Sometimes i have a slight urge to snatch it from their hands and smash it on the floor.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Master

I guess I'm not the only one that sees this insanity that is plaguing our society.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
stupid internet phones... Its annoying... I feel like pushing them down... urge to snatch it from their hands... smash it on the floor.
A couple months back you created a thread entitled, "Where's the love?" and wrote, "So.....where is it?" Clearly not here. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

The idea here is to define rules "To stand by and support each other." Given cellphones won't be going away, here's a rule of friendship: Accept that people have cellphones and enjoy using them. And find ways to politely and happily ask them to be more conscious when using their phones in public.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticrose37
Is it just me? Or has this world become so narcissistic that we have lost the ability to communicate. To share in the simple joys of life. To relish in each others achievements. To stand by and support each other in ones time of need. How do we go back to a simplier times? When community and friendship weren't foreign words.
Honestly, those times are never coming back. So you're going to have to create them for yourself. A simple life on an acreage, away from the city, disconnect from technology. That is more or less what I have done (I have no phone). It's the starting point for getting yourself free and clear, in order to recreate the world you want to see. Because it always starts with you. If you blame others for your frustration and your lack (not that you are), you're looking in the wrong direction.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Honestly, those times are never coming back. So you're going to have to create them for yourself. A simple life on an acreage, away from the city, disconnect from technology. That is more or less what I have done (I have no phone). It's the starting point for getting yourself free and clear, in order to recreate the world you want to see. Because it always starts with you. If you blame others for your frustration and your lack (not that you are), you're looking in the wrong direction.

This is what I'm doing too. I plan to also create an eco village too or something similar.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I plan to also create an eco village too or something similar.
There you go! Good stuff. And you might even need a phone to contact people and order supplies etc. I say that in case I wasn't clear: phones in fact aren't a problem at all. I just choose not to have a phone because I have no need for one. I don't have a TV or radio for the same reason, I prefer the peace and quiet.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
A couple months back you created a thread entitled, "Where's the love?" and wrote, "So.....where is it?" Clearly not here. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

The idea here is to define rules "To stand by and support each other." Given cellphones won't be going away, here's a rule of friendship: Accept that people have cellphones and enjoy using them. And find ways to politely and happily ask them to be more conscious when using their phones in public.

That thread was meant in humor and could've gone in either direction. I don't push people nor smash cell phones. I don't hate nor dislike people who carry cell phones.

Taken me too seriously, homie.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I don't push people nor smash cell phones.
That's good, great way to stay out of jail and avoid lawsuits.

Last edited by Baile : 05-10-2018 at 06:17 PM.