Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 31-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Pathfinder

Post uUuUuUuUu

I have a sore throat with puss pockets. Ugh. Every illness I get feels like THE WORST ONE. I just needed somewhere to express my feelings. I had some rough experiences today, but I am not giving up. Every day, things seem hard and then I get through them. I do. Today, I affirmed that I AM proud of myself. I'm sure many of you can relate to the period of reflection you go through when a few years have passed. Now I'm 20 and I learned something new astrologically. I'm experiencing a Saturn and Chiron return. I don't know what other planets have reached their return since the time of my birth, but it all made so much sense to me. I'm definitely experiencing a "quarter life crisis". I have been for a while now. Anyway... I'm affirming that I will be moved out of this house within a few weeks. It's way past due. It's almost dinner time. I really wish I could enjoy my food without feeling like I've put a chainsaw down my throat. I'll try to find some soup that isn't super spicy. And now I'm coughing. Well, I just feel so disconnected from my relatives. I keep affirming the good that will take place. I just need to cry to get through it. It is hard. This spiritual girl is learning the lesson of how to cease the day differently. It took a long time for me to realize that I'm a human again (ha). XO

P.S.,

Any sore throat remedies that you would like to teach me will be appreciated!
Old 31-08-2018, 11:14 PM
Experiencer

Hi Faith! Sorry to hear about your throat. Try gargling with luke warm salt water several times a day (but be careful not to swallow it). It's simple, cheap and effective.

BTW at the age of 20 you can't have a Saturn or Chiron return as Saturn takes 29 years to come full circle and Chiron takes about 50 years. You probably have a transit from one or both of them that's why what you read about them makes sense to you.

But anyway, try the salt! Wishing you all the best!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Hi Faith! Sorry to hear about your throat. Try gargling with luke warm salt water several times a day (but be careful not to swallow it). It's simple, cheap and effective.

BTW at the age of 20 you can't have a Saturn or Chiron return as Saturn takes 29 years to come full circle and Chiron takes about 50 years. You probably have a transit from one or both of them that's why what you read about them makes sense to you.

But anyway, try the salt! Wishing you all the best!

Thanks. It's definitely one of the most frustrating and painful things to experience. I have been gargling with salt water all day. I'm sure it's helping to get rid of bacteria, but the pain is pretty much still all there.

Oh, okay, maybe that's what it was...

I will need to go to the doctor soon. Blagh...
Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Experiencer

I've got a remedy for you Faith. Using some face cream or maybe some kind of vegetable oil (just something to reduce friction on your skin), slather it lightly on your throat, starting at your jawbone and go down the front of your neck right to your collar bones. For the next 15 minutes, just sit there lightly massaging down the front of your throat to your collar bones.

What this does apparently is to move the built up fluids that always show up with infections, out of the glands in your throat. It's the pressure of all that fluid in those glands that causes a lot of the pain. But you'll find that doing this seems to help a lot for a couple hours.

Of course, the fluid does build up again because the infection isn't over yet, but just massage again when it starts bothering you. Works for me every time and I hope it helps you.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Pathfinder

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I've got a remedy for you Faith. Using some face cream or maybe some kind of vegetable oil (just something to reduce friction on your skin), slather it lightly on your throat, starting at your jawbone and go down the front of your neck right to your collar bones. For the next 15 minutes, just sit there lightly massaging down the front of your throat to your collar bones.

What this does apparently is to move the built up fluids that always show up with infections, out of the glands in your throat. It's the pressure of all that fluid in those glands that causes a lot of the pain. But you'll find that doing this seems to help a lot for a couple hours.

Of course, the fluid does build up again because the infection isn't over yet, but just massage again when it starts bothering you. Works for me every time and I hope it helps you.

Okay. I have coconut oil. I'm just in sooo much pain right now. I just got back from the ER and they prescribed me an antibiotic and steroid. I will try that, though. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
I hope you are feeling better very soon, Faith. It was sensible to get some medical help if you were feeling super terrible like that.
Kind thoughts.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:32 AM
Pathfinder

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I hope you are feeling better very soon, Faith. It was sensible to get some medical help if you were feeling super terrible like that.
Kind thoughts.

Thank you. I am feeling better. I was diagnosed with strep throat. I wasn't prescribed anything for pain, so I need something soon. Sending love your way!