Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-10-2018, 03:17 AM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The 'lizard brain' is a term used to describe the limbic system of the brain, and it's one of the most primordial parts of the brain, mostly concerned with survival. Frankly, for brain manipulations I'd go with the Annunaki and the Mayans, who said that humans were created by gods. The Sumerian myths in particular say that there was genetic modifications going on - as does the Bible but then Genesis is a virtual rewrite of the Enuma Elish anyway. If you look at the second chromosome - it's responsible for the frontal lobe, pretty much - then you'll see it looks as though it's been grafted on.

MacLean Formulated that term triune brain, it’s no longer used according to what I’ve been reading. But I’m glad you informed me. Carl Sagan even wrote about it in the 70’s good stuff.

Yeah in all the books I’ve read they actually break down the beings that created us and why they don’t refer to them as gods. And they started with a base platform and just improved upon it.

I’ll send you a PM about the genetic modifications. I don’t want to take away from the original post anymore than I already have.
Old 13-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
MacLean Formulated that term triune brain, it’s no longer used according to what I’ve been reading. But I’m glad you informed me. Carl Sagan even wrote about it in the 70’s good stuff.

Yeah in all the books I’ve read they actually break down the beings that created us and why they don’t refer to them as gods. And they started with a base platform and just improved upon it.

I’ll send you a PM about the genetic modifications. I don’t want to take away from the original post anymore than I already have.
I've never heard the term triune brain but having had a quick look it makes sense. While we're here, Penrose (a Nobel Prize winner) and Hameroff reckon the brain has microtubules that are quantum-capable. If that's true then the brain has quantum-entanglement with the field of probability, which is the coolest thing ever.

The beings that created us weren't actually gods as such, they were actual beings that walked and talked as opposed to supernatural beings although they were worshipped as gods. A bit like Tolle and a few others. There is evidence that there were advanced civilisations long before we came out of the trees that gives weight to places like Atlantis, Mu and a few others. How would we think of ourselves if it became fact that we're not much more than modified hominids who were never capable of becoming any more sentient than perhaps dolphins? That would put things nicely into perspective.

Considering this thread is about taking Spirituality too far, perhaps we already have. There's a thread lying about that discussed humans as 'top of the table' but if we're genetically modified then is that the case after all? And in forgetting our origins have we taken Spirituality too far? It's been said that if you don't know where you've come from, you don't know where you're going. If that's the case, how does that affect the context of Spirituality?
Old 13-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
So I went to this place that was supposed to have meditation. However, I got more than I bargained for. I just wanted to see what it was all about and there was no charge. However, the "teacher" went on about all these deep spiritual things that don't really have much to do with meditation. At one point he asked if I was a space man or something like that and told me that aliens were standing behind me. I didn't really know what to say.

Anyway, he also said something like there's no such thing as time and everything is happening at once and that things just bounce around. I've heard the time is not linear thing before. Fine. But when he said Jewish people were volunteering for the holocaust and stuff like that(I guess he saw it as karma) as well as the aliens are standing behind me and abduct me in my sleep I think that's maybe just going a bit too far. Maybe this guy wants an emotional reaction out of people I'm not sure.

My point is that although I consider myself spiritual I get frustrated when I go to events like this and hear people say stuff that just seems to go too far and seems too far out there. Does anyone else on here think it's possible to take things too far and be so far into spirituality that you lose touch with reality?

That one person does not represent the entire spiritual community and certainly not the vast spiritual spectrum.

Same goes for religions.
One minister who cheats and steals does not represent what his religion stands for.
One pedophile priest (or even many) does not represent his religion and all other catholic priests/nuns who actually sacrifice themselves to help others. (example, mother Theresa)
One swindling monk does not represent the Buddhism and other monks who truly follow its non-attachment concept.

True 'enlightenment' happens when you can overlook all distractions that delay and halt your growth.

Just stay true to yourself.
I know.. Not easy. We are tested all the time. So many distractions due to our human nature and ego.
Often it is so confusing.
Ascender
Not just duplicate. I am making triplicate. What I have to say must be very important. LOL
Ascender
Another duplicate posting. I don't know how to delete the duplicate and how to stop its recurrence. Anyone? what am I doing wrong here.
Old 13-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
My point is that although I consider myself spiritual I get frustrated when I go to events like this and hear people say stuff that just seems to go too far and seems too far out there. Does anyone else on here think it's possible to take things too far and be so far into spirituality that you lose touch with reality?
Yes it can be taken too far.. like an obsession, which is why it's important to stay grounded and participate in society and enjoy our existence on earth as much as possible. Any spiritual path that makes you loathe this world and your own body is usually a worrying sign. Enjoy and care about this world, if we can't appreciate the lesser world we don't deserve anything bigger.
Old 14-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Any spiritual path that makes you loathe this world and your own body is usually a worrying sign.
It's already stopped being a "Spiritual Path".

Quote:
Enjoy and care about this world, if we can't appreciate the lesser world we don't deserve anything bigger.
That is one of the wisest things I've seen in here for a long time.
Old 17-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Knower

Quote:
Any spiritual path that makes you loathe this world and your own body is usually a worrying sign.
What a world this is, that we teach each other to savor the taste of poison, and condemn in others the reflex that has us spit it forth?

Loathing, in a world of deception and cruelty, is a guiding light, protecting the individual from complacency and the false sense of security that comes with insulating one's self, be that physically and philosophically, from what's really out there.

With fascism rising across the globe, and that cruelty merely being the foam on a poisoned sea, and with the new age movement sitting on its laurels (as always), I would say that we have not nearly carried spirituality far enough.
Old 17-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Master
We've had many spiritual sects, especially in the last two thousand years now.. with gnostics, cathars, and many other sects desperately trying to hide from society telling us the world is evil and seeking any form of pleasure is wrong (especially sexual, always high on the list.. you just gotta wonder why.. lol). It has even become part of mainstream religion, which is interesting since many followers rarely follow the initial, ascetic teachings. But I do not agree with these groups..

If anything has put humanity forward it is a positive view of this world and a celebration of the human body. In the Ancient world we seem to have understood this a whole lot better.. with the gods we had, the statues we build. When we view it positively we are more open towards understanding it and hence develop science. Because we viewed the world more positively we also had deities that had connections with animals and the wild, as well as having male and female deities. With the rise of Christian thought it was all replaced with a lot of negativity. We suddenly had to be ''saved'' from this nasty world.. and we developed ''deadly sins'' whereas before we were more open towards physical, philosophical, and scientific progress. The latter kept going of course (universities have medieval origins) but on a much slower pace..

I do not believe asceticism and denial of society, pleasure, etc. are the guiding light for humanity. Being positive about ourselves as whole beings (not as ''spirits trapped in a bodies'') and having a good time on earth, viewing life as a celebration, are more preferable. If we let ascetics have their way then many diseases shouldn't be cured anyway since it's god's wrath or karma and we shouldn't interfere (it's back to the dark ages). But our unique human nature tells us otherwise and instead of seeing it as a sin we should embrace it. This idea that you grow spiritually when you loathe the body and the world is also not helpful and most likely keeps chakras closed. And violence and cruelty are not the same as enjoying this world. Something with bathwater and throwing out babies!
Old 17-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Knower

Neither do I subscribe to asceticism, because it does not do what I think the human spirit ought to do. If it did, one would stand forth and by shining example lead humankind out of the mire, and purge the poisonous rage from their veins. Certainly the ascetics have not produced this person... Or any other way of thinking I am aware of.

And I concede, our savagery is not absolutely bound to our pleasure. They are merely sisters, and frequently travel hand-in-hand. It is difficult for me to imagine what would become of one if the other was lost.

What I was alluding to can perhaps be better phrased with a question: Does the spirit not rail against inequity? Does it not struggle against pain and cruelty? Does it not thirst for waters purged of these poisons of the world, and wish to share them with others? Shouldn't it, if it does not?

There is much in our humanity which is at odds with what we are without our humanity. Surely every individual who pursues spirituality can agree with that last statement - were it not true, we would live as animals, without the inner conflict that drives us to check and question ourselves.