Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-05-2013, 09:46 PM
ksjm33

What happens when you astral project?

About a week ago I felt like my insides were trying to rip ot of my solar plexus. I woke up and eventually felt better.

Then, about four nights ago, I woke up from a really deep sleep (I rarely sleep soundly anymore) and could not find my wedding rings. They were lying right next to me I found out later, but I don't recall having a dream where I would take them off.

So, do people remember astral projecting and do you leave things behind when you do?
Old 22-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
People do usually remember if they have a short projection or out of body experience, and when this happens for the first time it's quite awesome, and can give you a bit of a shock!
There are all sorts of unusual sensations sometimes sounds associated with going out of body. These are not harmful, and the more they happen the more you get used to them, so it's no big deal.
As for leaving anything behind (i.e. physical objects) no I have never had anything like that happen. I have never found anything I did while out of body apparently affected any physical object. But I am not saying it's impossible.

I once had a beautiful and unusual feather in a small bottle on my bedroom table. When I was out of my body I tried to get hold of this feather and take it away. I went dizzy for a few seconds as when I went to get it, I saw there were suddenly two feathers. I took hold of what appeared to be the "real" one, and it felt exactly the same as it would have physically. I looked at the little bottle and saw it was empty! Then holding the feather, I flew out of my bedroom window into the orchard next to me, and was passing over the trees when I dropped the feather! I didn't want to lose it as it was a present from a friend, so went to the ground to find it. I was searching around, when I found myself returning to body.
When I got out of bed (physically) I went over to look at the bottle with the feather. And it looked untouched. It was still there of course, and hadn't been moved at all.
Old 22-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah, when you first experience it. It is quite odd and scarey. I usually wake while going back inside and I will hear a banging or feel like someone just pushed me.

But it leave you rattled and you think do it again,lol
Old 22-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Whenever I wake up feeling myself go out of body in the night or early morning, I love the feeling. It is like a wonderful freedom or something. I always have a childlike sense of wonder about it. My legs/arms float so gently, I see the room, or touch my hands together etc. I just feel "go!"
Unfortunately I don't seem to get very far recently! haha. But still love the feeling.
Old 22-05-2013, 10:40 PM
ksjm33

But,is there ever a feeling like you're beig oulled fromt he inside out? Like from the heart or solar plexus or anywhere? Especially in the beginning if you've never done it before or everytime?

Also, what is sleep paralysis?

Thanks!
Old 23-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
There is often a sensation of some energy moving in the solar plexus area. I think this is quite normal.
I don't technically know at which point in the subtle body the astral body ejects. I have never noticed to be honest. But some people say it exits at the solar plexus.

Sleep paralysis is when you wake, yet feel you can't move. There are all sorts of theories why this happens. It has only happened to me once, and that was just in the few moments before my very first out of body experience in 1980. The sensations only lasted a few moments, and then my astral body was free, and I didn't feel the paralysis any more.
When it happened I didn't know what it was, and did get a bit concerned about it, especially as the weird noises associated with going out of body sounded electrical to me (I didn't believe in astral projection at the time!) So I wanted to get up to investigate if there was an electrical fault. And I couldn't move.
But I resigned myself quickly to not being able to move. And just got on with what happened next. So it bothered me less. Nothing 'negative' happened during this experience.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Pathfinder

Sleep paralysis can be scary when you don't know what's really happening, or if you're anticipating something negative happening. After the first few times dealing with the feeling of being physically held down by something or someone human or otherwise, and reading and learning about it, I haven't had a bad sleep paralysis event since. Now when I feel the paralysis, it acts as a springboard into a projection. I immediately recognize the condition and attempt to leave my body. I haven't been very successful lately, but I've projected this way many times before.
Old 23-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
There are all sorts of theories, and different experiences with sleep paralysis. I can't lecture on it -as it only happened to me once -but from my limited experience, I often wonder if some of the primal fear attached to not being able to move, seemingly against your conscious will, causes many of the negative effects some people have. The astral is a very thought-responsive environment. SO sensitive, like we have little experience of in our everyday lives!
That level of fear is so primal, so tied into the "fight-or-flight" mechanism, which is deeply instinctive, that panic sets in sometimes, and can cause all kinds of things.
From my own (limited, I admit) experience, I would say keep still and calm, just ride it, don't even think much about it, and use it as a 'springboard' to get out of body.
Old 24-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Scattered Sheep

You have the opportunity to be influenced by bad spirits in a heightened way, and lots of the time don't initially know it because these spirits are decieving, basically they are fallen angels. Hope that helps.
Old 24-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
You have the opportunity to be influenced by bad spirits in a heightened way, and lots of the time don't initially know it because these spirits are decieving, basically they are fallen angels. Hope that helps.

I think we should all be aware there definitely can be pitfalls. Anywhere we tread, as multi-dimensional Beings, there can always be pitfalls and even dangers. In any dimension, or territory. And also on this plane -the 3 dimension Earth reality too.
In my opinion, the building of character and inner spiritual awareness, attunement with spiritual values, and openness to graces from God are of great importance before considering taking any journeys into other planes or dimensions. If life, and our response to the challenges of life, have already built those things into us, then that is good. But to imagine we don't need such things is foolhardy.
I think those things are of greater meaning and importance than being able to fly around on the astral.