Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Knower

OBE while conscious, awake, walking around

hi!
today i had an odd experience. i ran into someone i know but havent seen in a few years, and we sat down to say hello. i then felt myself leave my body, watched our exchange happen in about 4 different ways, while the room was spinning, and i heard myself and him speaking in the present. then suddenly i fell back into my body and my friend was sitting next to me.... i never watched him sit down, just had these little deja vu experiences, 4 in a row, about 10-20 seconds each, while we continued to have a conversation.....

has this happened to anyone? does anyone know what just happened to me?
still a bit shaken up from it.... it felt like i was on drugs!
Old 17-05-2013, 10:05 AM
SumSe

Interesting. You know, I had the same daily when I was 2-3 years old. I remember walking around and at random times viewing (yes literally seeing myself) from a 3rd person perspective.

That was until the day I asked my uncle 'Which is more common to see, through the eyes or from above?' He laughed and told me you can only see through your eyes, from above is only possible in dreams. (I was experiencing it at that moment) I asked 'Really? It's happening right now!' he then said 'What? No, that's impossible!' and I popped back in. I never experienced it again after that.

This is interesting becaues it shows how much effect our believes have.
Old 17-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Pathfinder

Fish An OBE But What Triggered It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhoney
hi!
today i had an odd experience. i ran into someone i know but havent seen in a few years, and we sat down to say hello. i then felt myself leave my body, watched our exchange happen in about 4 different ways,

suddenly i fell back into my body and my friend was sitting next to me...

has this happened to anyone? does anyone know what just happened to me?
still a bit shaken up from it.... it felt like i was on drugs!

Hello, Emily...

Sounds like an OBE- what I wonder is what triggered it to happen and the Question I'm dying to ask is this:

When you came back into your physical body and continued the conversation did you have any additional information about this other person or anything related to your being together?

Of the three OBE's I've had, one of them left me having more information about someone than before I left my body.

So I am wondering if the same happened or if 'nothing' came of your quick trip in and out of your physical body...

....and then I'd be back to wondering why it happened.

Well, either way, it sounds like you had some fun.

Thanks,

TT
Old 18-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Knower

hi,
i didn't have any additional information about them, i just experienced this and then was trying to continue the conversation like nothing had happened while i got back into my body... i felt like i was on drugs and as i got more in my body worried if anyone around me noticed...

but.... later i saw him in my mind's eye as a serpent (positive, creative, healing, kundalini energy...) and something about being together in latin america / at some point in the past.
Old 29-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Experiencer

This has happened to Robert Monroe. I read one of his books and it was really great. I've experienced similar feelings but haven't gotten fully out of my body while "awake". Like sometimes while meditating, I'll feel myself start to float up a little and then when I realize it, I freak out and it stops.
Old 29-05-2013, 04:14 PM
konohana

Ah I so glad you shared this. I had a similar experience one time while getting ready for school. I had already showered, and woken up an hr earlier, and went into my room and sat down at the edge of my bed. At that very moment, I felt like I was being vacuumed out of my body and literally experienced both my physical body and astral form at the same time. It was akin to begin born as an infant and just being so dazzled and shocked by the intensity of what was happening. I viewed my room from my astral perspective and could see I was now floating around and had the ability to see in all directions at once, like a panorama, and there I was sitting down physically on my bed with my eyes open as if nothing was happening. Just as fast as I went out, I went back into my body, but not as if I was apart from myself this whole time, but in the sense where it was only my -perspective- that changed. In a blink of an eye I was viewing my surroundings from the physical body once again, but as if no time had passed and no actual transition occurred. I gasped as if I was drowning and fell off of my bed and took a moment to register what had happened.

I always wondered if that could happen while I was with someone or engaging with other people, just as it happened with you. I was never really able to get much info about it, but curiously enough, my friend told me a story about Buddha the next day and mentioned that Buddha's first time experiencing his soul was just like that- he was about to sit down to meditate and before he even touched the floor had found himself above his body, without having done anything to provoke it.
Old 29-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Experiencer

Oh, another incident comes to mind. I was in a car wreck and just as we were going into the ditch, everything changed to slow motion and I was watching from behind myself. Since it comes so naturally to you, you'd probably be able to astral project. It happens to me involuntarily, but I enjoy it so much more than being in this physical plane.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Knower

hi amy and konohana,
thank you! it's nice to hear about other similar experiences. i do astral project while in meditation or sleeping fairly often... just new to experience it while awake, interacting with other people in a public place. i was shaken up by the experience, nice to know it's a thing ;) much love & light xxx