Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 18-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael29

As for people who don't ask and get well.. i dont quite agree with that as it depends on that persons state of mind at the time of it happening.

With respect, I don't agree ... in my opinion, it doesn't wholly depend on the persons state of mind. First and foremost, it depends on whether the person has consented (for whatever reason) to such a reading taking place.
Old 18-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Experiencer

Could you give us an example or maybe a link? because I read though the forum every day and can't say that I have witnessed/happened upon this ? Unless I'm missing something ?
Old 18-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Master
No, sorry Lucid ... I am not willing to provide links as that just draws more attention to the person/s who has been violated.
Old 18-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Experiencer

Hmmm ok ....
Old 18-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Experiencer

Hopefully you've reported the said person/people then :)
Old 18-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Seeker
Maybe even requested readings are inappropriate. One forum member started a thread asking others who she was in a previous life. The response from others was that it is inappropriate for anyone to tell her and that it is her responsibility to find out for herself by her own means.

So I imagine that it is inappropriate for forum members to offer answers or insights to peoples' questions or situations that are posed which can only be answered by a psychic, intuitive or spiritual evaluation?
Old 18-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I feel that to read someone with out permission, is kinda like peeping through someones windows when they don't know your there - it's an invasion of privacy and is unethical.

Old 18-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Master
Seems to me there are 2 issues here:
1) gathering information about another person without their permission.
2) publishing that information for public (forum in this case)

I know that in every day life I am much more observant than the average person and notice things people would rather not me notice. When its on public display, I see that as my right to observe. In this country the laws are written to that effect. Entering closed areas or privately owned areas is an invasion of one's right to privacy. Normally this is a fairly clear distinction for most people. However, when it comes to energy (a common way to read someone) pretty much everyone constantly emits energy all over the place. For an energy sensitive, its as obvious and easy to 'see' as being outside on a bright sunny day. People often assume that the energy sensitive has invaded their being to determine their energy state. Usually this is unnecessary. As suggested above, don't assume that just because someone knows something about you that you deem to be private, that they somehow inappropriately snooped or pried into your being. FYI, simply making a post in a forum is enough of a casual link for an energy sensitive to get some of your energetic spill over. Its no different than talking out loud at a grocery store, someone might inadvertently overhear you.

The second issue seems more to the role of the forum to police. Publishing anything directed at or about another person against their permission would seem to be an inappropriate action. Its already been made clear that denigrating or name calling another person is a serious offense and not to be tolerated. Seems to me this would basically be the same thing.
Old 18-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't recall seeing a specific ' unrequested reading ' .

I do think there are times when the way one asks a question, that the reply could be considered ' unrequested reading' , for example when someone asks " what should I do ?" or " what advice can you give me about .... ?" Sometimes I think this is like an open invitation.

I believe this also could fit into the category of ' unrequested reading '......
when a person replies to something and just keeps going on and on about it, acting like their opinion is the only right one and they just keep pushing the person ... convinced that this is what the person needs to do, not knowing when to stop ... who is to say this is not like an ' unrequested reading ? '

Of course, there is always the possibilty this person who is pushing their thoughts, opinions .....is like this in everyday life and just cannot help themselves. I just give thanks I don't have to listen, lol

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
I am seeking some clarity regarding people psychically reading others here in the community without consent/when the reading has not been requested?
I have visited several other sites over the years and it is against forum rules to 'openly' read another member in the community if they have not requested it. I have observed that happening here regularly and the 'reader' discloses what they consider is an accurate reading of that person, and the ensuing discomfort it causes is often quite apparent. Personally I am of the belief that it is unethical and is a breach of privacy/confidentiality, however i realize others may not see it in that light.

Feedback much appreciated ... thanks in advance

Yes I agree with all that.

Thanks for drawing attention to this issue.