Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
Also as for lightworkers, those people that come into your life and somehow you're better off for having met them...is this something God has made happen or is it the person that's doing the lightwork? Do lightworkers make healing happen on purpose or does it just happen unintentionally?

I feel its a two way thing.
in places where others do not.
Old 16-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Administrator
I Believe in the creator but that is not god

Namaste
Old 16-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree that my life is mine to create. I had a previous belief for a good 25-26 years that God just gave me a hard life, which I was referencing to as I was thinking about the past when I posted this.

Also I dont think it makes one a poor soul to believe that God is in control. It takes a brave person to surrender to their moment, let go of control, and just trust god/the universe/higher power that things will be and are alright in the midst of chaos
Thanks...yes, this is totally what I have been alluding to.

For those who do believe in God, He is much more than a "sky daddy" full of love and peace, yet we can also say that it is karma which makes such things happen, either for good or bad...but God is beyond any concept of duality that the human existence is susceptible and subject to.

Personally speaking, I always find that things go terribly awry if I try and exert any control over my own life...but I also admit that I am totally different to many, many people out there...and even though I "speak for myself", my teachings are taken directly from the Hindu Scriptures, but I don't give them any credit (when I should).

https://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_suffering.asp

However, I also realise that not everyone is a Hindu, so I can only speak from my tradition, culture and upbringing...If people want to disagree with that, fine... because they are entitled to do that, just as I am also fully entitled to say whatever I do and if the hat fits, wear it...If it does not, get another hat.. simple.
Old 18-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Master
Why?

Quote:
Why did God give me such a freaking hard life?

I won't go into all the details but its freaking hard. Has anyone else had a harder life than most? Do you ever reach a point where it's worth it? I just dont understand.

M.Tesla,

Please find the attached references, which have helped me answer the Whys? encountered in my own life. Suffice it to say that you may find a hint of the answer in the last sentence of the excerpt below. When you are ready to see what comes before and after pages 23 and 24, you may find reference 1 helpful.

Excerpt from The Message of a Master from pages 23 and 24 (See ref 1)

"....To be able to make use of the Law as outlined, it is necessary that you have a clear understanding of its operation. To this end, I will illustrate, wherever possible, the different propositions with examples in nature that you will find all about you and that will help you in reasoning out these truths to a logical conclusion. Your mind, which is yourself, can be likened to a house which the accumulation of years has cluttered with thousands of unnecessary pieces of furniture, pictures, ornaments and other things, all strewn around and heaped everywhere, with the result that while the outside of that house might present a good appearance, the inside is a mass of confusion and disorder. How utterly impossible to accomplish anything under such conditions, for you cannot go after one thing without stumbling over another. No order. No purpose. No progress. The first necessary move, then, is to rid that house of all but the furnishings essential to success......"

The 2nd reference comes from the lessons gleaned from my own Why? questions, as answer to one of Miss Hepburn's insightful posts...which I offer to you as well.

The true answer to WHY is that:

You are the answer to all the questions....

Quote:
Hmm yeah the void is enjoyable I found

P.S. The Void is even more enjoyable when you fill it with Love and Kindness from your own heart.

Hope this, and the references below, helps you ascertain the Truth of this for yourself....

Reference: https://www.law-of-attraction-haven....f-a-master.pdf

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...26&postcount=9
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 18-11-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Ascender
I ask this question normally when it is time to make a drastic change and get out of my situation! I did recently. I left OR to live in AZ and my life has really really improved!
Old 21-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thanks...yes, this is totally what I have been alluding to.

For those who do believe in God, He is much more than a "sky daddy" full of love and peace, yet we can also say that it is karma which makes such things happen, either for good or bad...but God is beyond any concept of duality that the human existence is susceptible and subject to.

Personally speaking, I always find that things go terribly awry if I try and exert any control over my own life...but I also admit that I am totally different to many, many people out there...and even though I "speak for myself", my teachings are taken directly from the Hindu Scriptures, but I don't give them any credit (when I should).

https://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_suffering.asp

However, I also realise that not everyone is a Hindu, so I can only speak from my tradition, culture and upbringing...If people want to disagree with that, fine... because they are entitled to do that, just as I am also fully entitled to say whatever I do and if the hat fits, wear it...If it does not, get another hat.. simple.

MWA HA HA HAAAA

My Skydaddy comment lives .. IT'S ALIVE

~

Seriously though - its all a paradox.

Think about it: you can learn lessons from hardship, become better thanks to an opposing viewpoint or foe, only appreciate something once it is lost ... etc .. etc

At the same time everyone is a miracle - we all beat so many odds to even exist, yet how many people have lived lives that essentially meant nothing?

~

The most complicated thing I witness is the whole "it worked for me, now it can work for you" concept.

The truth is that its all Jeet-kune-do.
A mixture of everything that sometimes works & sometimes doesn't.

Lots of people like to feel a sense of safety in the fact that something has been done for centuries, was passed down by wiser folks. Others feel trapped by the dogma/rules of others & wish to find their own way.

When its all said & done we are dealt a few cards - we might be able to switch a few & then we place our bets.

Things work out or fail - therefore you get a shot at changing your fate but there are built in caveats.

~

The only thing that is a certainty for now is that the world keeps turning.

Everyone is a mixture of sage & warrior but often times its a very specific skillset & disciplines specific to your own life that may not be considered admirable or coveted by others ... but all the time you are Conan the Barbarian in your own life.

Its definitely about finding a hat that fits, its also about a personal sword & shield, map & spell book - that keep you fighting for yourself against the odds.

If I'm a Paladin, your a Necromancer & someone else is a rogue - the stats that we have are vital to our character build, loading you up with my equipment doesn't necessarily make you able to use those tools & vice versa.

Its all just a big complicated stew & were all lucky to get out of life alive

(GN'R reference there)

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 22-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
MWA HA HA HAAAA

My Skydaddy comment lives .. IT'S ALIVE

~

Seriously though - its all a paradox.

Think about it: you can learn lessons from hardship, become better thanks to an opposing viewpoint or foe, only appreciate something once it is lost ... etc .. etc

At the same time everyone is a miracle - we all beat so many odds to even exist, yet how many people have lived lives that essentially meant nothing?

~

The most complicated thing I witness is the whole "it worked for me, now it can work for you" concept.

The truth is that its all Jeet-kune-do.
A mixture of everything that sometimes works & sometimes doesn't.

Lots of people like to feel a sense of safety in the fact that something has been done for centuries, was passed down by wiser folks. Others feel trapped by the dogma/rules of others & wish to find their own way.

When its all said & done we are dealt a few cards - we might be able to switch a few & then we place our bets.

Things work out or fail - therefore you get a shot at changing your fate but there are built in caveats.

~

The only thing that is a certainty for now is that the world keeps turning.

Everyone is a mixture of sage & warrior but often times its a very specific skillset & disciplines specific to your own life that may not be considered admirable or coveted by others ... but all the time you are Conan the Barbarian in your own life.

Its definitely about finding a hat that fits, its also about a personal sword & shield, map & spell book - that keep you fighting for yourself against the odds.

If I'm a Paladin, your a Necromancer & someone else is a rogue - the stats that we have are vital to our character build, loading you up with my equipment doesn't necessarily make you able to use those tools & vice versa.

Its all just a big complicated stew & were all lucky to get out of life alive

(GN'R reference there)
My personal belief is, those who seek to "sell" their religion like a face cream or gym membership have serious issues with their own belief system.

It is not a "one size fits all" scenario and those who seek to make it so because they have been indoctrinated to do just that, simply fail to grasp that the emotional and spiritual needs of others MAY be different to their own, but because they believe their religion is a "cure for all ills" they are totally blind to this.

Since you have left and returned, the language I use to express myself hasn't gotten any better..and if anything, it has deteriorated, with others ascribing "meaning" which is light years away from "intention", but one good thing...I am a fast learner and I have learned that what people hear, can be totally different to what has been said, no matter how much it is explained or succinctly expressed...and I am not to be held responsible or accountable for any misunderstanding if the reader doesn't even want or try to understand me in the first place.

Most people on here still choose to just ignore me, because they cannot relate to me on ANY level whatsoever. At first, I was quite upset by that, but now I embrace it and actually enjoy it because it is much preferable to them getting the wrong end of the stick and then poking me with it...MUCH preferable....and I also get to say whatever I please without any interruptions or interjections, making me a true "legend in my own mind" and totally worthy of my "Demigod" status.
Old 22-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
My personal belief is, those who seek to "sell" their religion like a face cream or gym membership have serious issues with their own belief system.

It is not a "one size fits all" scenario and those who seek to make it so because they have been indoctrinated to do just that, simply fail to grasp that the emotional and spiritual needs of others MAY be different to their own, but because they believe their religion is a "cure for all ills" they are totally blind to this.

Since you have left and returned, the language I use to express myself hasn't gotten any better..and if anything, it has deteriorated, with others ascribing "meaning" which is light years away from "intention", but one good thing...I am a fast learner and I have learned that what people hear, can be totally different to what has been said, no matter how much it is explained or succinctly expressed...and I am not to be held responsible or accountable for any misunderstanding if the reader doesn't even want or try to understand me in the first place.

Most people on here still choose to just ignore me, because they cannot relate to me on ANY level whatsoever. At first, I was quite upset by that, but now I embrace it and actually enjoy it because it is much preferable to them getting the wrong end of the stick and then poking me with it...MUCH preferable....and I also get to say whatever I please without any interruptions or interjections, making me a true "legend in my own mind" and totally worthy of my "Demigod" status.

My dear, you do yourself a disservice.

I actually observe great development in how you relate to others these days - yet you also do indeed appear free to speak aloud... another paradox.

But yes many like to parrot clever things at others for status.

Each to their own but if you REALLY want answers then you need to be prepared to ask questions - something that you & I do by the bucket load.

When I challenge a concept or statement I'm daring a person to zap me. Give me that elusive - wow - moment that I find rare in spiritual conversation.

We have shared such moments - but we have had to spar with each others horizons in order to see a perspective that is different.

Different doesn't mean another angle is wrong as you well know.

Thats the paradox again.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 22-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
My dear, you do yourself a disservice.

I actually observe great development in how you relate to others these days - yet you also do indeed appear free to speak aloud... another paradox.

But yes many like to parrot clever things at others for status.

Each to their own but if you REALLY want answers then you need to be prepared to ask questions - something that you & I do by the bucket load.

When I challenge a concept or statement I'm daring a person to zap me. Give me that elusive - wow - moment that I find rare in spiritual conversation.

We have shared such moments - but we have had to spar with each others horizons in order to see a perspective that is different.

Different doesn't mean another angle is wrong as you well know.

Thats the paradox again.
Thank you.

I didn't realise until now, how much I actually missed chatting with you about spiritual stuff. I don't think that many take time to involve themselves in getting to know me better than they only "think" they do, with myself taking the onus for being totally unapproachable, when basically, it is their fear that I may bite their head off which stops them from being open and friendly with me, so thanks again for clearing that up.

It is enjoyable for me to have an open, honest discussion with someone on a similar "wavelength" even though disagreements and sparring may be had, beliefs challenged, many "aha" moments, but at the end of the day, we can both say "well, that was cool...how 'bout a lager?"

What I find really impressive about the way in which you communicate is the stylised version of old English you speak, as do I, which makes the whole conversation between us even more enjoyable, because we can use that language to relate...It is an art form in decline.

I am still rather defensive about not being understood (as you can tell), but I guess it takes a special breed and they are few and far between on here...I also seem to have problems with sensitive individuals taking offense at my use of personal pronouns to explain any given situation or scenario.

If I use "you" statements, I am seen as being judgmental and/or accusatory.
If I use "I" statements, I am being insensitive, self-absorbed and making it "all about me".
If I use the royal "we" I am accused of speaking on behalf of others when it isn't necessarily so.

For a week, I agonised over this, until I decided that if others have a problem with whatever personal pronouns I choose to use, it says more about them than it does about me.

In fact, spirituality has taught me a lot, in that I don't need to take personal responsibility or accountability for anything I say because it's always, always all about the "other person" with the passive-agressive antagonist coming out of it smelling like a rose...Cool eh?

I'm still a bit touchy about it all though because the whole experience is still fresh in my mind...give it another week to add another layer of IDGAF skin onto my "spiritual Hide".
Old 22-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you.

I didn't realise until now, how much I actually missed chatting with you about spiritual stuff. I don't think that many take time to involve themselves in getting to know me better than they only "think" they do, with myself taking the onus for being totally unapproachable, when basically, it is their fear that I may bite their head off which stops them from being open and friendly with me, so thanks again for clearing that up.

It is enjoyable for me to have an open, honest discussion with someone on a similar "wavelength" even though disagreements and sparring may be had, beliefs challenged, many "aha" moments, but at the end of the day, we can both say "well, that was cool...how 'bout a lager?"

If I use "you" statements, I am seen as being judgmental and/or accusatory.
If I use "I" statements, I am being insensitive, self-absorbed and making it "all about me".
If I use the royal "we" I am accused of speaking on behalf of others when it isn't necessarily so.

For a week, I agonised over this, until I decided that if others have a problem with whatever personal pronouns I choose to use, it says more about them than it does about me.

In fact, spirituality has taught me a lot, in that I don't need to take personal responsibility or accountability for anything I say because it's always, always all about the "other person" with the passive-agressive antagonist coming out of it smelling like a rose...Cool eh?

I'm still a bit touchy about it all though because the whole experience is still fresh in my mind...give it another week to add another layer of IDGAF skin onto my "spiritual Hide".

This will wander so bear with if you'll be so kind ...

I've been a Starwars fan for 30 something years - they are my fairy tales.
They also involve a lot of spirituality - zen etc.

The most recent movie has caused an uproar because they brought our beloved hero back after 35 years a broken mess who had seemingly forgotten all of the lessons he had learned in the original 3 epics.

The new character never puts a foot wrong & it seems to be at the expense of the original hero.

A funny thing happened ..

After many discussions about what they had done to the character I realised something.

We as a fandom had held this man aloft in such rightful regard that we failed to see that even he had lessons to learn despite essentially being a master.

His lesson was just as you described - that other people decide their own fate. You can offer them all of the tools, nurture them & have confidence in them - yet they can still become something else.

~

His lesson in the movie is that despite being a master the responsibility or burden is not actually on him for another person to learn.

Another side to this is that he is a lesson to the new character - she is to understand that it doesn't matter how much you learn .. there is always more.

How strange that you, me & Luke Skywalker are learning a lesson via other people - even though its merely an acceptance of "what just is" ...

Some merely want the white-red-black belt progression of a spiritual path whereas others see that its a never ending infinity of understanding - multi layered & complicated.

I am considered rude by many because I try not to speak in riddles or one up other people for virtue points. Your entirely accurate that some hone in on your language as a sort of legalese trick in an attempt to silence a genuine point.

My biggest battle on here still being my refusal once to accept the label of rape apologist from out of nowhere. It was a slanderous way of usurping the conversation & a tactic that I find abhorrent.

~

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain