Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Bobby32

Mugwort and Lucid Dreaming

Hi! I've recently come across mugwort and afew other herbal substances that are used to enhance and recall dreams/lucid dreaming

I'm just making this thread to ask for advice or experiences, information on mugwort and what is actually does and maybe experiences you have had using it

my aim is to use mugwort for lucid dreaming to practice visualizations so i can focus more efficiently on chakra meditation
Old 28-05-2013, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby32
Hi! I've recently come across mugwort and afew other herbal substances that are used to enhance and recall dreams/lucid dreaming

I'm just making this thread to ask for advice or experiences, information on mugwort and what is actually does and maybe experiences you have had using it

my aim is to use mugwort for lucid dreaming to practice visualizations so i can focus more efficiently on chakra meditation

There are a lot of reported things that can help with focus, meditation, and later on astral projection. For example fish oils apparently help with all three of those. Personally I don't know anything about Mugwort so I can't say whether or not it really helps. Is it a drug though? In the sense of does it alter your state of mind? If it does produce some type of effect that could be likened to mind-altering substances then I am going to suggest not to use it. While mind-altering substances certainly can aid people in meditation and projecting they will also cause damage and hurt us more than they help in the long run. Personally I would suggest you just keep things natural and rely on your diet and yourself for any spiritual practice. Once we add in random substances and chemicals it really complicates things that are already so complicated. Of course that is just my personal opinion, I can say without a doubt though that any mind-altering substance is never going to be a good idea to mix with spiritual activities. Whether or not Mugwort is a mind-altering substance I cannot say. With the New-Age market being so lucrative these days people would try and say that Arsenic at low doses helps with projecting and someone would be dumb enough to believe them and try it. Thankfully you are bright enough to come onto these forums and see what others have to say about Mugwort instead of only reading what the people peddling the stuff say and trying it out.
Old 28-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I have taken mugwort before - its not a mind altering drug, just a herbal tea. I found that it helped be relax and have deeper sleep, have more vivid dreams and i remember them better.
Old 28-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Bobby32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
There are a lot of reported things that can help with focus, meditation, and later on astral projection. For example fish oils apparently help with all three of those. Personally I don't know anything about Mugwort so I can't say whether or not it really helps. Is it a drug though? In the sense of does it alter your state of mind? If it does produce some type of effect that could be likened to mind-altering substances then I am going to suggest not to use it. While mind-altering substances certainly can aid people in meditation and projecting they will also cause damage and hurt us more than they help in the long run. Personally I would suggest you just keep things natural and rely on your diet and yourself for any spiritual practice. Once we add in random substances and chemicals it really complicates things that are already so complicated. Of course that is just my personal opinion, I can say without a doubt though that any mind-altering substance is never going to be a good idea to mix with spiritual activities. Whether or not Mugwort is a mind-altering substance I cannot say. With the New-Age market being so lucrative these days people would try and say that Arsenic at low doses helps with projecting and someone would be dumb enough to believe them and try it. Thankfully you are bright enough to come onto these forums and see what others have to say about Mugwort instead of only reading what the people peddling the stuff say and trying it out.

Hey.

Thanks for your comment, from what I've heard so far, Mugwort is a herb used for quite a few things, it's a form of natural medication.

But it also aids recall of dreams, and aids lucid dreaming in the state of sleep paralysis.

You could say it is a mind-altering drug, apparently you can use it as a substitute of cannabis, it gives you a mellow high with much more clarity rather than a lazy tired feeling.

I think it's also used for detoxing, flushing the body, very healthy.

But aside from the *Drug* effects. I'm more interested in remembering dreams more clearly, and people reporting having multiple dreams every single night when using these substances, i just wanted to see how true this may be, and if anyone has had experiences on here with it or familiar substances.
Old 28-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey.

Thanks for your comment, from what I've heard so far, Mugwort is a herb used for quite a few things, it's a form of natural medication.

But it also aids recall of dreams, and aids lucid dreaming in the state of sleep paralysis.

You could say it is a mind-altering drug, apparently you can use it as a substitute of cannabis, it gives you a mellow high with much more clarity rather than a lazy tired feeling.

I think it's also used for detoxing, flushing the body, very healthy.

But aside from the *Drug* effects. I'm more interested in remembering dreams more clearly, and people reporting having multiple dreams every single night when using these substances, i just wanted to see how true this may be, and if anyone has had experiences on here with it or familiar substances.

Well anything that gives you a euphoric high will not be good practice to mix with spiritual activities. Mind-altering substances alter the level of our vibration and not for the better, they basically lower our vibration. They also damage our aura, block and damage our chakra and energy system, and weaken our natural psychic self-defense. Obviously the milder the euphoric feeling the less likely you will be to receive those negative results, but it's still very possible. Something that is quite natural that gives nearly everyone I have spoke with intense and frequent dreams is Melatonin. If you take that every night before going to sleep I think it's pretty safe to say you will have vivid dreams quite often. I haven't spoke to one person who ever stated otherwise. I know there are a boatload of substances and chemicals out there that are completely natural, don't produce any euphoric high, and will aid with dreaming, lucid dreaming, and astral projection. Of course we are all grown ups so the choice is yours when or what you use. But I am positive that mind-altering substances will only cause more damage than good in the long run when it comes to spiritual activities, good luck!
Old 28-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Bobby32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Well anything that gives you a euphoric high will not be good practice to mix with spiritual activities. Mind-altering substances alter the level of our vibration and not for the better, they basically lower our vibration. They also damage our aura, block and damage our chakra and energy system, and weaken our natural psychic self-defense. Obviously the milder the euphoric feeling the less likely you will be to receive those negative results, but it's still very possible. Something that is quite natural that gives nearly everyone I have spoke with intense and frequent dreams is Melatonin. If you take that every night before going to sleep I think it's pretty safe to say you will have vivid dreams quite often. I haven't spoke to one person who ever stated otherwise. I know there are a boatload of substances and chemicals out there that are completely natural, don't produce any euphoric high, and will aid with dreaming, lucid dreaming, and astral projection. Of course we are all grown ups so the choice is yours when or what you use. But I am positive that mind-altering substances will only cause more damage than good in the long run when it comes to spiritual activities, good luck!

Thanks for your comment, I've heard a lot of people say mind-altering substances can have effect on spiritual development, healing, aura etc like you mentioned. but no one has ever said how, or why.. in a logical setting.. can you elaborate?
Old 29-05-2013, 12:04 AM
noxoid

Mugwort is beneficial when working with dreams. I used it in 3 ways. I smoked it in a pipe before meditation. I stuffed it in my pillow before sleeping. I also drank it as tea regularly. I found all three methods were successful for myself but everybody does things differently. My advice is do whatever you want with the stuff. Be creative. It works its magic just by being present. Good luck, dream well.
Old 29-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Bobby32

I hear a lot about Lucid dreaming after consuming the substance, does this happen quickly? effectively? is it strong? or can it be in high doses?

or do people mostly feel the effects when in a sleep paralysis state?
Old 29-05-2013, 01:56 AM
noxoid

Quote:
I hear a lot about Lucid dreaming after consuming the substance, does this happen quickly? effectively? is it strong? or can it be in high doses?

or do people mostly feel the effects when in a sleep paralysis state?
The effects seem mild until you fall asleep. Especially if you consume it. Not poisonous that I know of, didn't harm me when i smoked it. It changed my dreams by increasing my alertness while dreaming and I could recall waking events and even fully wake up in my dreams. You might want to take it like medicine over a period of time. Your dreams will become more lucid in stages. Sleep paralysis is a start. I suggest keeping a journal of your progress and review it consistently