Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Erx35

Thank you all for your inputs on this! :) I think I will just keep practicing until I get there!! :) As I think ...... for couple of days now I feel more relaxed and find it easier to concentrate on things and some small problems do not concern me so much. If that is what I'm getting from trig then Ill keep it up. And if some fine day I will get OOBE that will be the bonus!! :) You know it is a damn good feeling when my head is now overclouded with all kinds of thoughts!! Thank you all again and if you feel if you have any good suggestions please do post!! Will be happy to read them!!

Ergo
Old 24-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Also doing that will make sure you are not trying to drag your Etheric body into the astral. You can't do that, but trying to go to the astral while in your etheric body will mess up the projection. So if you get away from your physical body the less chance you will have of being in your Etheric body, as that cannot go far from the physical. A few feet away at most.

Tobi, can you explain this? What is the etheric body? Which body is it that leaves the physical body?

thanks!
Old 24-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
The Etheric -or energy body is one of our subtle bodies, but like a "bridge" between our emotional (astral) body and our physical. It is denser than the astral, and just as we can't take our physical body into the next dimension, so we can't take our Etheric body into the planes of the Astral beyond what is called the "Real Time Zone" (the plane immediately next to the physical plane). It's too dense for the higher planes of the astral. The astral body is a finer vibration.
The Etheric body is quite closely tied to the physical (until our passing away, in which case it dissipates quite quickly -often within a matter of days so I have learned)
Because it's tied to the physical, it won't work as a vehicle to transport you to the astral plane. But sometimes when going out of body, if we are close to the physical, we can have a lot of awareness in the Etheric body.

I wouldn't get too hung up about all this or it might hitch you up. Usually it works so naturally, when we transfer awareness from the Etheric body to the astral -it's often completely "seamless" as an experience.
But getting away from the physical body when immediately out of body, will make sure the transition happens, and the Etheric stays behind with the physical (you probably won't even notice anything happening at all!)

If we stopped to work out the mechanics of how we walk each day, and exactly which muscles we use etc to take one step after another -we would probably never get anywhere! LOL!
Old 25-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for explaining all that Tobi. Much appreciated.