Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
....nephews former room mate?

or maybe Mary's father posing as her son?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Ascender

I have to agree with Love&Light and Chrysaetos on this. Saying that Jesus was conceived without an earthly procreation is just another erroneous doctrine propagated by the church. Jesus incarnated on earth, therefore had to abide by the exact same Laws of it. That said, according to the Laws, a physical conception is impossible without procreation, no exception. If God made an exception, then he would be going against His Perfect Laws, which are absolute. Also "Virgin" and "Immaculate Conception" have been grossly misinterpreted. In brief, it is said that Jesus would be born of a virgin, meaning, of a mother who had never conceived before (first child), and that her internal organs were 'virginal'. It has nothing to do with that she didn't procreate. As for Immaculate Conception, it is meant on both a physical and spiritual level. If a person's intention during procreation is genuine, in that, it is not solely for sensual desires, then it is considered immaculate, since it's done out of love for the Creator.

And that's all I have to say. Feel free to reject or accept.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Shim

I'll only add that one definition of a miracle is an act against science.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Master
The Christ that is within us all is conceived from that place that has never been touched by the outside world, this is the virgin that conceives, from this conception then grows the Christ Consciousness, it is then witnessed by the wise, as in the three wise men and so the story continues. Looking at the words in the scriptures in this light brings a whole new meaning, a meaning that is far beyond the literal that has so long now dominated the masses.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Shim

Some say the "light," is the light of realization.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Some say the "light," is the light of realization.
Yes through your own inner Realization will you ever Know your true inner Being, this is the only way that you will ever discover the Christ that you truly are, then and only then can you say with all certainty that I AM the Light of the world.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes through your own inner Realization will you ever Know your true inner Being, this is the only way that you will ever discover the Christ that you truly are, then and only then can you say with all certainty that I AM the Light of the world.

And that is, a Gnostic concept. And the Gnostic heresy initially opposed John. To the Gnostics, the simple beliefs of the ordinary Christian were not enough. They tried to construct a philosophic system out of Christianity. They were troubled about the existence of sin and evil and sorrow and suffering in this world. That is, referring to the light of realization or revelation. They never believed that Christ walked this earth approx. 2000 years ago.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
And that is, a Gnostic concept. And the Gnostic heresy initially opposed John. To the Gnostics, the simple beliefs of the ordinary Christian were not enough. They tried to construct a philosophic system out of Christianity. They were troubled about the existence of sin and evil and sorrow and suffering in this world. That is, referring to the light of realization or revelation. They never believed that Christ walked this earth approx. 2000 years ago.
I don't know about a gnostic concept but i do believe that the Gnostic's were the true Christians at the time, where in the so called bible they are made out to be a bad lot, i think that was forged into the writings as also was many other writings, it is hard when we find out that we have been taken for a ride, I know, i was where you are once.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't know about a gnostic concept but i do believe that the Gnostic's were the true Christians at the time, where in the so called bible they are made out to be a bad lot, i think that was forged into the writings as also was many other writings, it is hard when we find out that we have been taken for a ride, I know, i was where you are once.

I was a Gnostic for over a decade, and have a library half full of their texts. They were not the true Christians. They could not comprehend the logos at the time, and that was the purpose of John's gospel.

"In the beginning, two things existed-- the one was God and the other was matter. Matter was always there and was the raw material out of which the world was made. The Gnostics held that this original matter was flawed and imperfect. It was made of material which had the seeds of corruption in it. God, they said, is pure spirit, and pure spirit can never touch matter at all, still less matter which is imperfect. Therefore it was not possible for God to carry out the work of creation himself. So he put out from himself a series of emanations. Each emanation was further and further away from God; and, as the emanations got further and further away from him, they knew less and less about him."

What do you think about the above? Notice the similarity of Genesis and John's gospel.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Master
Quote:
I was a Gnostic for over a decade, and have a library half full of their texts. They were not the true Christians. They could not comprehend the logos at the time, and that was the purpose of John's gospel.

"In the beginning, two things existed-- the one was God and the other was matter. Matter was always there and was the raw material out of which the world was made. The Gnostics held that this original matter was flawed and imperfect. It was made of material which had the seeds of corruption in it. God, they said, is pure spirit, and pure spirit can never touch matter at all, still less matter which is imperfect. Therefore it was not possible for God to carry out the work of creation himself. So he put out from himself a series of emanations. Each emanation was further and further away from God; and, as the emanations got further and further away from him, they knew less and less about him."

What do you think about the above? Notice the similarity of Genesis and John's gospel.
Yes its easy to write a gospel based on another, just as they did with the so called prophesies of Jesus taken from such books as Isiah, its pretty easy to do. Its hard to believe that you were once a gnostic, how could you ever go back to Christianity after that ?.