Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 03-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Teaching is a phenomenon that exists.

Perhaps " teaching" as what I currently experience as in human culture is simply an act to let others know what we know .......so based on this itself is a form of suffering as we are holding on something in mind before we could share it .........is just like you baked a cake , keep it warm and you serve it to others ......perhaps as one awaken to Buddhism ....baking it is creation of more suffering ... keep it warm is creation of greater suffering as you are trying to stop a moving train with your hands .....and share it is also a form of greater suffering as you will continue to bake again ....

To make use of the possibility of teaching is a choice an individual makes.
There are many reasons one can have to teach.
And there are also many reasons one can have not to teach.

There is reasons to teach or not to teach as well as there are reasons to learn or not to learn...why ? Because human is desire , human is love , human is ego / pride / fear / anger / greed etc ...............and Buddhism is simply realizing that ... as one awaken to Buddhism , learning no longer out of desire to know or discover , learning will be a condition of mind being readiness of change ..
Old 03-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Master
Hi Jyotir .... great to have you with interest to debate with me ... I hope you can contact me via my email as I expect it will be a great source of learning for me .

You said "Emptiness and fullness are different statuses of One Being." Un-quote

Can you further explain using a more easy to understand and simply English ? and please do not use any terminology .

I will answer each of your earlier posting one by one , allow me to have some time , I am busy with work sometime ......
Old 03-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said I quote " It appears that you are not asking a question, but challenging anyone to debate your assertion of a previously reasoned conclusion, a conclusion that appears to be fixed and attached. Then you want reason to justify or negate that reasoned attachment. It is a circular argument, self-perpetuating. But that could be seen as the nature of mind." Un-quote

Well , if you could 'see" me by looking at a mirror ...I have no comment but certainly I will learn from you ... but as for now , I could not find any emotion that could even close to what you describe about me .

You said I quote " I would myself be challenging, why that one question? " Un-quote

Why ? Because in my current mind that is the basic .....as I could not find any emotion to have any reason to teach anyone about Buddhism .

Let me explain by this example :-
If you visit a friend and each time you go to his house , he will cook meal for you and each time , he will cut his hand ....and if you realize this , will you still going to his house and enjoy the meal ?
Yes , you will have a great meal but if you realize your friend is in pain because to serve you ... will you still continue to go there ?

In my current mind , Buddhism is a natural process of realization of emotion ...as one awaken to emotion , one realize emotion is the cause of his existence and suffering is the nature of attachment on emotion .
So if one say a Buddhism teacher with emotion to teach , as you continue to see him , he will increase his emotion ... his emotion of desire / love / greed / ego / pride / fear / etc will increase and as such he will travel longer journey to realize this and suffering is the nature of his path .... so you are the factor in his suffering ....
Sorry in advance ......in short , a teacher will suffer if he hold on to emotion to teach ... you will also suffer if you creates emotion of desire to learn ... both of you will suffer and choose to continue to suffer in the name of learning Buddhism

You said , I quote " Why question others' reason for teaching? Better to question oneself: Why am I wanting to learn? What is my attitude of necessity? " Un-quote
I am not question anyone reason for teaching ... I am just challenging the mind of me now ..........I do not choose what to learn or who to learn from as for me currently anything / anyone regardless their action / re-action or nature is all same great source of realization .
Old 03-08-2016, 03:32 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said " Then again, how can knowledge or any ‘thing’ be outside of existence? " un-quote

Yes , you can if only you realize that knowledge is just like information .....

if only one realize that knowledge is just an information that never stay on any solid ground .....if one awaken to Buddhism , he realize he is emotion , he is desire / love /. ego / fear etc ...

he realize that knowledge is information feed to him by society / by culture / by a system of education etc so he realize that right verses wrong , true verses false , good verses bad is all in human culture where knowledge is accepted as the basis of judgement ..

Perhaps if one awaken to Buddhism , one will no longer hold on to any referral even in the same time he live following human culture ...

he realize the system of living together , he realize he must follow civil law to live in a large community ... he realize he must do this or that living in a system created by human culture .....but in the same time , he realize what is him not who he should be ...
He realize he is constantly , each moment in Buddhism ....he realize he is emotion.....he realize he is desire to hold on to knowledge instead of being part of the knowledge itself
Old 03-08-2016, 03:41 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said I quote " Simple: what is being taught in that case, is not knowledge which is in and of the mind; not putting more or different ‘things’ into mind; not more movement of mind between those ‘things’; - - what is being taught (or pointed to as a teaching) is the transcendence of mind. " Un-quote

Firstly I hope you could use simple English as I found your words is quite difficult to understand for me , I am a Chinese that not even read Chinese .

Many Buddhism Master claim that Mr Siddharta teaches Buddhism .... but in my current mind , perhaps he is always in condition of learning never have any emotion to teach ... perhaps he is learning from all , is only others keep on learning from him but perhaps he never have any emotion to teach .

Just like if you watch a game of soccer and you learn from the player skill .. the player never have emotion to teach you , he is just playing the game , is you who is learning his skill but he never have emotion to teach you .
Old 03-08-2016, 03:53 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said "Exactly, so then why the controversy?
He is not alone, because ‘nothingness’ is the same identity as ‘everythingness’ - the former essential, the latter instrumental, but aspects of the same One Being." Un-quote

Yes , in my current mind he is alone ... Buddhism is you travelling to Buddha , Buddhism is me traveling to Buddha , Buddhism is the table traveling to Buddha , Buddhism is the pen traveling to Buddha ....

If you hold on to knowledge with believe that you are talking to me therefore we are connected , if you hold on to the emotion that you pay for the table therefore the table is belong to you ,

if you hold on to emotion that you need a pen as what you belief what a pen should be ... well you will creates more ' you"....
Emotion of you will increase and as " you" becoming larger , you will travel longer journey to realize this and suffering is the nature of the path you choose .
Old 03-08-2016, 04:00 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said I quote " Is your constant questioning and challenging a form of teaching?" un-quote

I have no emotion to teach ... but if you question or challenge the mind of me , yes It will be a form of teaching for me as I am in condition readiness of change but if I post a question to you , i will never be from emotion to teach you ....

You said " I am not a Guru or Buddhism teacher, but this is one possible answer:
If it is the Will of the Totality for that individual of which that being embodies in fullness, i.e., full realization in objective form of the subjective emptiness of Source." Un-quote

I could not really understand this ... but to me currently the " will" is what we are , the will is emotion
Old 03-08-2016, 04:07 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said " Like emptiness and fullness, teaching and learning are the same of One Being. How can there be learning and not teaching? Are we born as individuals fully realized? " Un-quote

If you watch a game of soccer and you are there not only to enjoy the game but you could even learn the skill of the player ... so the player is a teacher that teaches you but in the same time , the player is focusing on the game without even notice you ...

No ... if you are fully realized , there will no longer will to exist , we will never born again as there will no longer any emotion of desire / love / fear / worry / greed / will etc to born

Old 03-08-2016, 04:12 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic , you said " You appear to be a very stubborn teacher. " Un-quote

Perhaps " stubborn teacher" is two different words that never connected ... stubborn is always my ego , my fear to accept changes ... a teacher is like earth which we cant be out of it ......in my current mind of Buddhism, anything or anyone is a teacher ... regardless you or Dalai Lama or the piece of dust on the table is all great source of realization
Old 03-08-2016, 04:14 AM
Master
Dear Jyotic .....is tiring my friend to reply you such lengthy .....perhaps we could focus on one particular topic ? and make it in simple English and short ?
Thks for the lesson