Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 02-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The struggles come from being too tightly attached to something, he has been searching for an answer for many years, instead of just letting it go and accepting he won't find the answer HE wants.

When you don't get the answer that fits into your idea of whats right or wrong then anger, frustration etc: starts to manifest, which leads to.....

In my understanding of attachments, the grasping to tightly is what causes the problems, letting go and accepting that Buddhist teachers teach is easier than spending years questioning why.

But is that about you to decide all this?

I am not sure why you bring all these emotions into the view. Unless of course you feel this way?

The op feels quite clear in his addressing of this.

I agree with you about grasping but even as you believe you know all this, we cant decide if these are the issues at play for another.

Unless of course one asks the one seeking more directly.

Time can change many aspects of all this that your aware of.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Master
'There are so many things I don't need to know to be happy, and it seems the less I know the happier I am!'

Yes Within Silence I agree, sometimes ignorance can be bliss.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
But is that about you to decide all this?

I am not sure why you bring all these emotions into the view. Unless of course you feel this way?

The op feels quite clear in his addressing of this.

I agree with you about grasping but even as you believe you know all this, we cant decide if these are the issues at play for another.

Unless of course one asks the one seeking more directly.

Time can change many aspects of all this that your aware of.

I don't believe I know all this Natures it's just the way I feel through practising Buddhism, but of course, each to their own, self realization is the way to learn.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Master

Question

Hello CSEe,

I have been reading your posts for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
I hope to debate with any Buddhism Master for my own learning lesson
Not a problem.
I am not a Buddhism Master or teacher.
I am not so much here to debate.

My basic premise in response will be that:

Emptiness and fullness are different statuses of One Being.

Quote:
Perhaps I am taking a risk by writing this but I am here as I am in condition of learning
Your declared presumption is that you are “in a condition of learning”.
The risk is that what you call “learning” is possible to be more of an assertion.
The risk is that your assertion will be mechanically preserved in predictable defensive reaction to responses.
The risk is that…that is not learning, even if the announcement says so.

Quote:
For years I have only one single question to ask anyone that teach Buddhism that is their reason of teaching ......
It appears that you are not asking a question, but challenging anyone to debate your assertion of a previously reasoned conclusion, a conclusion that appears to be fixed and attached. Then you want reason to justify or negate that reasoned attachment. It is a circular argument, self-perpetuating. But that could be seen as the nature of mind.

I would myself be challenging, why that one question?
Why question others' reason for teaching? Better to question oneself: Why am I wanting to learn? What is my attitude of necessity?

Etc.

Quote:
As in my current mind Buddhism is just a natural process of realization of own existence and the cause of existence and is not a form of knowledge .
Very clever and apparently humble…
You say “current mind” as implied by “natural process of realization” vs. “form of knowledge” - however… 'current mind' is defined by a virtually permanent attachment to a mental construct which is virtually ‘knowledge’ as defined by mind.

Then again, how can knowledge or any ‘thing’ be outside of existence?

Mind/knowledge is just an aspect of existence, a type of consciousness, although limited, even if dominant in human beings (why human beings equate consciousness with mind).
Quote:
Allow me to further explain :-

If you could take out all your knowledge from your mind , what will be left in the mind?
unconditional receptivity

Quote:
Perhaps the only one that left in the mind after all knowledge is gone is emotion , is desire , is love , is fear / greed / ego / worry etc ... and that is what you are . You are just emotion not someone you hold on to from the knowledge that you gain .

As one awaken to Buddhism , one realize knowledge is merely an information feed by parent / society / education system / culture etc , knowledge is never stay on solid ground and changes all the time .....knowledge is just like a wind blows to your face but never stay there

But human had attached to a culture that accepted knowledge as the basis of judgement and it seems to me , human had became part of the knowledge itself .
This is a prominent intellectual conceit - that ignorance/ego is a socially conditioned phenomenon. I guarantee you that alone on a tiny island, ego would be there as one’s master.

The separative consciousness of ego and ignorance is a precursor, a necessity of differentiation that allows for evolution of consciousness in a multiplicity that is physical Nature.

Quote:
In my current mind , Buddhism is never a knowledge so how could anyone including Mr Siddharta teaches something that is not knowledge ?
Simple: what is being taught in that case, is not knowledge which is in and of the mind; not putting more or different ‘things’ into mind; not more movement of mind between those ‘things’; - - what is being taught (or pointed to as a teaching) is the transcendence of mind.

The misunderstanding is that “mind” is the same, is synonymous, is equivalent to consciousness or cognition or awareness. It is not. Mind is only a limited aspect of consciousness that pertains to, and is percipient of ‘knowledge’, but beyond mind is cognition by direct subjective identity of an unlimited nature - not limited separative indirect acquisition and attachment.

Quote:
In my current mind , perhaps as one awaken to Buddhism , he realize he is same as any existence regardless human / animal / plant / micro-organism / table / dust / Coca-Cola can....... as all is travelling in own natural process of Buddhism into a state before existence , a state of nothingness ... so as he awaken to this , he realize he is constantly alone as emotion that never owned anything or anyone including the physical body ...

he realize that all happening / all incident / all re-action / all nature is all providing a great source of realization to him and as he travel further into this awakening , he no longer choose what to learn or who to learn from .
Exactly, so then why the controversy?

He is not alone, because ‘nothingness’ is the same identity as ‘everythingness’ - the former essential, the latter instrumental, but aspects of the same One Being.

It is ego that chooses in and through an illusion of separativity. If ego does not choose - one differentiated being who is fully aware of emptiness becomes an instrument of that totality AS that Totality in its fullness (even if expressing as realized though apparent differentiation). That means surrender to fullnness or emptiness; teaching or learning; giver or receiver...all the same Identity.

Quote:
As he travel in this path , he no longer hold the mind and constantly in condition readiness of change as he realize it is suffering to hold on to the mind as the mind is naturally in a natural process of Buddhism , the mind is constantly changing so if he hold on to something that constantly changing that is suffering .
Correct.
Because that is mind nature: separative cognition and attachment to ‘parts’ - not totality; not dynamic totality.

But beyond mind, there is That which is constant change and movement - the expression of stillness within movement - unattached, free. There is no suffering because there is nothing to suffer ‘from’, since all is One, whether in stillness or motion; stillness in motion.

Quote:
So regardless the direct words from Mr Siddharta or the action of serial killer ... regardless the words of Dalai Lama or the nature of a dead leaf in the garden is all same great source for him to realize his existence .. and he is constantly in readiness of change , constantly learning without any reason to teach as he holds nothing , nothing he could offer ......

Except as the unconditionally receptive and surrendered individuated instrument of THAT ONE BEING….which could include teaching, if that is the Will of a unique expression of fullness in emptiness.

Quote:
And as he awaken to this , emotion will gradually and naturally decreases ... all desire / love / anger / hate / greed / ego / fear etc will naturally and gradually forgotten and the burden that he carry all these while will be reduced ... he will be more at ease and this condition could be closely describe as " happy".
Or emotion is elevated to higher ranges commensurate to realization - from limited to unlimited; from suffering of separation and limitation, to delight of oneness and freedom.

Quote:
So in my current mind , happy in regards to Buddhism is not out of desire but it is a condition of less mind , a condition of less emotion.
Yes, not out of desire…
But not ‘less’ mind, not ‘less’ emotion. Transcendence of desire, transcendence of mind = Transcendent emotion (e.g. ‘happiness’/joy/delight).

Quote:
So can any Guru , Buddhism teacher here explain their reason to teach?
Is your constant questioning and challenging a form of teaching?

I am not a Guru or Buddhism teacher, but this is one possible answer:
If it is the Will of the Totality for that individual of which that being embodies in fullness, i.e., full realization in objective form of the subjective emptiness of Source.

Quote:
There was a monk told me a story of a professor climbing up a hill to learn from a Buddhism teacher , as they met the professor start asking question to the Buddhism teacher ... in the same time the Buddhism teacher is pouring tea into a cup serving it to the professor ... as the professor ask , the Buddhism teacher continue to pour until it overflow from the cup and he continue to pour it .
The professor ask him to stop and ask him the reason .
The Buddhism Master explained to the professor that the professor mind already full and cannot be filled anyone so he could not answer his question as the professor mind already full and cannot take in anything .
Famous story; mind too full.

Quote:
The monk is actually trying to explain to me that my mind already full and he cannot teach me anything...
Yes, true.
But also too full: exclusive reliance on mind.

Quote:
I told the monk , in my mind , The Buddhism teacher mind is not only full but overflow .... Buddhism is about learning not teaching but instead the Buddhism teacher not only with a full mind but has even overflow ......to me , the Buddhism teacher indeed in a great suffering holding on to the mind .
Like emptiness and fullness, teaching and learning are the same of One Being. How can there be learning and not teaching? Are we born as individuals fully realized?

Buddhism Teacher is not in great suffering if liberated in the identity of infinite eternal consciousness which is the teacher to the limited suffering ignorance - both of which are expressing of One Being. Just temporal illusion of separation: you/me; teacher/student; giver/receiver, etc.

Quote:
And soon after that I was banned from that website .
You appear to be a very stubborn teacher.
However, since your posts seem civil and not anti-social, imo it is not likely that you would be banned here for ideological reasons alone.

Additionally, your attempts in what is obviously not your native language is admirable and commendable.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 02-08-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Why do you keep asking this question,
Why do I answer you,
Why do Buddhist teachers teach Buddhism.

It's because you feel it's right to ask,
I feel it's right to answer,
Teachers feel it's right to teach.

Simple CSEe, why complicate your life searching for answers to others decisions.

Sorry in advance , I do not recall having complicated or confuse .....perhaps this is a great source of your own discovery .
Old 02-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
This is an insightful post I enjoyed reading it.

It connects me to Ryanwind posing the questions to me about Buddhism and asking me what do I know about it and what study have I taken in regards to it. And then asking me why I am in the thread where all things are for Buddhism. I am sure he wasn't considering, the direct experience of realizations where one can learn from life itself. So in this way the merging of pathways brings different views of the same thing. I find lots of correlations and deepening into my own views of all paths in this way, but then I don't hold myself to one path as a means of learning.

I am aware of myself through realizations through many life experiences and connections, that my path crosses into. I tend to move into them and grow through them what is presented in their views and understandings one with me, especially if I see they value other paths as one.

I hope your find your answer that your seeking from the one your seeking to answer.
Thanks for sharing....
Old 02-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Hey CSEe,

I try to give you some hints. I am a Malaysian chinese, I am not a Buddhist teacher..... Buddha is with me for nearly 40 years inside my body. He didn't teach me any ideology, I don't even emphasis his teaching of nothingness. Of course, I know the teaching of Buddha about nothingness.

Hi Mr Jeremy ... apa khabar ? ....to me currently , Buddha is not inside or outside "my body"....Buddha is the source and the end of me .....Buddha is the original condition before emotion exist and is also the end of emotion.

And Jesus is also with me. He didn't teach me any of his teaching also. I am not a fast hot religion learner , what I did/do is lived my life as a common person and never think that it will be so importantly to my life. We live together they just solve my danger or keep me safe, not for my financial condition. And I didn't care much about that. I am not rich, so who care....

In my current mind .....Buddhism is not religion .. faith is causing further suffering as one need to travel longer journey into own realization .....
" safe" perhaps is just a reflection of emotion and perhaps as one awaken to Buddhism , one will be in mind of peace as he realize nothing will cause suffering to him ....suffering is the nature of holding on emotion .

And now l have acquired the highest dharma of Buddha and Jesus. What I want to say is time of thinking is important than any religion philosophy. Especially we are not so talented or not incarnation of any great God.

In my current mind ... thinking itself will lead further into creation of emotion as such will lead to greater suffering ......Buddhism is to me currently a natural process of realization not by thinking on what should be .

So be patience if you could learn fast is good otherwise just try your best. That's my experience.

Thanks ... I hope to hear from you more as I will learn more from you as we debate / communicate .
Old 02-08-2016, 11:49 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe

...I have only one single question to ask
anyone that teaches Buddhism that is their reason for teaching ...
Excellent question.

If you could take out all your knowledge from your mind,
what will be left in the mind ?
EXCELLENT! Hahah, good one. If you are only looking up...is there a down?
How could there be when there is no you.

As one awaken to Buddhism , one realizes knowledge is merely an information feed ...
YES!

In my current mind , perhaps as one awakened to Buddhism,
he realizes he is the same as any existence regardless if human... a Coca-Cola can....Quite profound and astute.

...he realizes it is suffering to hold on to the mind ...
the mind is constantly changing so if he hold on to something
that constantly changing that is suffering . Brilliant, yes.

So regardless, the direct words from Mr. Siddhartha or the action of a serial killer ...
is all the same great source for him to realize his existence ..

And as he awakens to this, emotion will gradually and naturally decrease ... all desire / love/
anger / hate / greed / ego / fear, etc., will naturally and gradually be forgotten
and the burden that he carries all these will be reduced ... he will be more at ease
and this condition could be closely describe as " happy".
I would say, content or at utter peace, but yes, happy.

...happy in regards to Buddhism is not out of desire,
but it is a condition of less mind, a condition of less emotion.
Oh yes! Absolutely, yes.

Buddhism is about learning not teaching...Ha! Bingo!...and
do not forget...simply living.

And soon after that I was banned from that website.
But, of course you were.

Loved it.

You did very, very well...I corrected small grammar.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Suspended
Good morning CSEe, I posted this in Yourspace SF and I plaste it here to give you an idea that's beyond Buddhism philosophy, the true dharma. I think you have learned a lot of theory but not yet touching the dharma.......and the dharma practice is sometimes over the Buddhism philosophy that's nothing to cope with religions.

1) Can we see the whole world on earth in a jiffy?

Learning of dharma may cling to a stage of aspirations. I don't say, it's always true this way . it will sometimes depend on one's talent and predestined affinity but exhort with an idea never to adopt a wrong and fruitless approach as a Chinese idiom: to climb a tree to catch a fish.

When one make a right decision, he was adamant to practice and not to show forbearance of reasons/excuses to perverse with dim-sighted version otherwise his industrious mind will be diluted.

High level/elite God is omnipotent/omniscient and can always preconceived event of everything. And his dharma is impregnable stronghold can never be deviated on query. Through certain ability and conduit he will dash to know all things at once. He may be prompt by a sudden impulse but also can be very sensitive on all things.

In this way an elite God can see the whole world on earth in a jiffy. This is what I have been given/transferred with this ability by my mentors Jesus, Buddha, God Jehovah..... but I may not be able to compare with most of the elite God cause I have a human mind and always be occupied by my daily life while they are sitting/meditating to watching the world.

God Jehovah transferred to me an universe light with every godly intelligence/wisdom can pin point/investigate the location of any God or world event exclusive by its distance differences. Of course whenever I want to know/see I can find out the truth of it but if I was occupied by doing something I may not know it.

So I still need someone especially my friend-Gods and my Cupid sons to warning me at time of danger. The bad God always attack me when I take my bath and eating my meal. It's not contradictory for me to say so for I am a human being. I don't have doubt can see the world in a jiffy but still with "certain limitation".
Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
The struggles come from being too tightly attached to something, he has been searching for an answer for many years, instead of just letting it go and accepting he won't find the answer HE wants.

Dear sky123 , if you referring this to me , sorry in advance .....you just cant describe someone merely based on your mind .....I never recall any emotion of struggle attached on something ...do you notice I used to say " In my current mind " ?......why do you think I say " current mind" ?......That is because I never have any emotion holding on anything , I never owned a mind or holding on to any view as a beliefs ... I do not have any faith .....I also never looking for anything .....I do not choose , I do not hold any emotion of what to learn ... to me , you is same as Dalai Lama ... same as anyone or anything , all is a great source of realization to me .

When you don't get the answer that fits into your idea of whats right or wrong then anger, frustration etc: starts to manifest, which leads to.....

In my understanding of attachments, the grasping to tightly is what causes the problems, letting go and accepting that Buddhist teachers teach is easier than spending years questioning why.

Dear sky123....perhaps if you read your writing many times , you could find "you" in your own words .......just try it .....

if you owned a mind , you are actually holding on something that is naturally in constant changing ..... mind is each moment in motion of change , mind will change , mind have to be change as condition changes each moment ..... as mind change , we change as we are the mind ... so each moment we are different person ... we born each moment and each moment we die .... we are new each moment .... why ? Because we are in Buddhism ... each moment every living or non-living is in Buddhism ......each moment everything or anyone dies , birth , rust , rot , decay , wear , sick , old etc .... each moment all living and non-living are travelling in a natural process into the original state before existence ... into a state of nothingness ......The Buddha .

Dear sky123.....is common many people like you will choose Dalai Lama as a Buddhist Teacher and accept his words as a referral to Buddhism ....that perhaps is the reason after 2500 years , human are still full of desire / emotion , full of suffering............