Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Master
If we can keep the conversation to "I statements",
I believe that some troubles can be avoided.
Rather than saying "You...", we can say "I sense..."; if we speak from
the authority of our own perspectives, and (respectfully) allow others to
speak from their own perspectives, defensiveness can be minimized,
and "attacks" are less likely to be supposed.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajputMaster24
Hello friends. Is the purpose of religion to develop character in individuals? For example, in the Bible it teaches to be Holy and grow in holiness and also in the Tao Te Ching we have the three treasures which teach us to develop virtues. And also in African religion, it teaches us to develop our character.
Well, I don't know.
I was midway through explaining why I figure religion isn't designed to
develop character traits, and I had to quit it, because I haven't convinced
myself sufficiently to make the argument.
My premise was that religion was a means to understanding spirituality.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Funny how many anti-Religionists there are in this thread.

It remind me of Rebels who go off and become Goths or whatever, and have just found another thing to conform to/believe in.

Some religions may be about control, but not all are, and to paint them with the same brush is to show the narrow minded approach to all that is.

My 2c.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 04-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Huh? Read your own replies to us if you want examples. You accused one person of judging You, then you accused me of misjudging you. You react as if people are criticizing you. But nobody is doing anything to you. It's called having a conversation and exchange of ideas.

You talk about judgment and say someone is judging you, but then you judge religion with this incredibly harsh and one-sided perspective. I agree religion has many serious faults, and I am the first to point them out in an open discussion. But the OP is asking a very simple question and making a very loving statement about religion. In cases like that I feel it is appropriate to honor the spirit of the inquiry; in this case, add something equally positive while confirming that which is good in religion.

I am not trying to tell you what to post, just suggesting there are human dynamics to take into account with any question, including assessing the spirit of the inquiry.

No Thunder Bow, we're simply trying to converse and have a dialogue. But apparently you see peoples' comments as criticism. I assume that's your round-about way of saying you're not interested in a conversation. So fine, forget it, goodness.

If these are not personal accusations, then what are they?

I counted the word "You" 15 times

What you are trying to do is control me, and what is being said in this forum, by Defining me. If you want a conversation and a exchange of ideas, please leave personal accusations out. What you are doing are a violation of the rules of this forum.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
If you want a conversation and a exchange of ideas, please leave personal accusations out.
Timothy tried to converse and have an exchange of ideas, and you replied by making a personal accusation, accusing Timothy of judging you. I then tried to converse and have an exchange of ideas, and you replied to me with another personal accusation, accusing me of judging you. That's all that happened here, nothing more or less. Carry on Thunder Bow, I done responding.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Funny how many anti-Religionists there are in this thread.

It remind me of Rebels who go off and become Goths or whatever, and have just found another thing to conform to/believe in.

Some religions may be about control, but not all are, and to paint them with the same brush is to show the narrow minded approach to all that is.

My 2c.
With threads like this, one sees the way in which the internet is in fact adding to society's many ills. Everyone's got something to say, and they just HAVE to say, regardless of how innocent and innocuous the question. Heck, why give thoughtful consideration the OP's beliefs and feelings, in the way we do in face-to-face dialogues with others, when the internet allows you to freely opinion-rant? 21st century electronic way in which people exorcise their demons I guess. Didn't have that last decade, you were told to just go punch a pillow if you needed to let it out.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Timothy tried to converse and have an exchange of ideas, and you replied by making a personal accusation, accusing Timothy of judging you.

I then tried to converse and have an exchange of ideas, and you replied to me with another personal accusation, accusing me of judging you.

That's all that happened here, nothing more or less.

Here's my challenge to you: release your beliefs about all forms of malevolent beings and forces. Embrace the idea of an entirely benevolent universe. Wake up each day with joy and gratitude and love in your heart, and spend the day in that glorious state of unity awareness with all of creation. Know that only greater and deeper union with Spirit awaits; it is our collective human destiny, it is Spirit's gift to humanity, it is our birthright.

And if you're not willing to change your beliefs in this way - the way I and others see the world - that's okay too, it's your choice.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=100337&page=3
Old 04-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
With threads like this, one sees the way in which the internet is in fact adding to society's many ills. Everyone's got something to say, and they just HAVE to say, regardless of how innocent and innocuous the question. Heck, why give thoughtful consideration the OP's beliefs and feelings, in the way we do in face-to-face dialogues with others, when the internet allows you to freely opinion-rant? 21st century electronic way in which people exorcise their demons I guess. Didn't have that last decade, you were told to just go punch a pillow if you needed to let it out.

Love is love, the more one loves the more accepting it is usually.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...38#post1414538
Old 04-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Suspended
Knower

Funny thing about 'Love' is that it defines equality in the game of tennis but often defines submission in the game of life.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Master
Hee hee Horace you sly dog you.