Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
the title cought my attention.

Perception maybe. Soul level change would come under soul alchemy. And it's a process of the soul element from a bronze to gold. A soul of gold!

What got me about your post, is where you sway off to start mentioning your appearance. And being hurt and betrayed.

I don't want to psycho-analyize. But I know you. We've known of each other over a length of time. Maybe different guises (you are trying different skirts on to see if one will make life better) but under the guise, you're that same soul I met many moons ago. Here.

I've always noticed it and it's obv still there. You are having a very difficult time with self acceptance. Often, and i believe it's part of the maturation process, because many, are stuck in this mental trap. That how they appear on the outside to appease others is where and how they collect their self worth which forms their acceptance of self. In a nut shell...unless the world at large accepts you, then you will never accept yourself. It all hinges on others.
"If i am pretty, they will accept me socially and even treat me well, I may even be adored due to my looks and this will feed my ego and sense of self'

but why do i get betrayed? my looks should be enough to sustain peoples treatment of me to be loyal, loving and true!

if we base our sense of self on our outside for peoples approval. Then what happens if you have a major accident? you loose looks, a limb or two, even brain coma? What happens when you age and it all sags? What happens if you got badly burnt all over your face and it's now leather looking and scarred?
Our looks, our brain, our flesh can all change dramatically in an instance. And if that's all your entire existence of self worth holds on to. then Im willing to bet 'life' would be over and its rope to hang the self with time.

that will not do. That is not acceptable. If you cant see that you are more than just your face and outer apperance, then how can and will anyone else see you>

how does it feel? To think someone is with you because they 'like' you but in reality, they are with you only because you are pretty? Only for your face, you may bore them to death with your interests, but no worries, they're only there to look at pretty. not hear what pretty has to say. And wait, oh wait....another pretty just walked by and omg she is even prettier.....ah byeeeeeee!!

You have to dive in deep and look at what makes you YOU and marks your different from all the other 'pretty' faces out there.
Why should anyone spend more than one hour with you if it's not just to admire your pretty head?
Can you list why?

what traits, character mannerisms and interests, and behaviours do you display that you adore in yourself? What makes you so interesting that someone would want to know past the face?
Give yourself the time and love to honor the 'unseen' aspects. once you got them noted and then rise them to shine, your pretty face will glow a much more attractive shine. And your energy will entice those that are aware there is something more within you to get to know.

drop the illusions. Pretty on the surface is never forever. Beautiful on the inside is forever.

I guess i sounded superficial. Ive been stuck with the superficialness. Life changed and so...my perception already changed.

I read about soul alchemy. Id describe tha phase of my life (18-now) as the first stage of soul alchemy. Where everything is like mud.

Thanks inika for the reply. Gave me a lot to think about

Last edited by Elysium : 12-03-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 14-03-2018, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
I basically feel trappe here in this existence, yet i am fully aware that life could be so much more. I really want to change who i am on some level. Im not sure what level though that would bring netter results. Perception? Soul level?

Its stressful. Im not boasting but im a pretty attractive person, with a heart that only tries to love and see the best in people. Ive been hurt and betrayed countless times. This is what im wanting to change... Im just not sure how to do that so im seeking help from some of yall spiritual people. :)

I apreciate any advice about changing these conditions.

Will try my best to reply

You cannot change who you are, only your perspective.

Learn to be who you are. Accept, be aware, surrender, it all starts there.
Old 14-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Master

Quote:
I basically feel trapped here in this existence, yet i am fully aware that life could be so much more. I really want to change who i am on some level. Im not sure what level though that would bring better results. Perception? Soul level?

Its stressful. Im not boasting but im a pretty attractive person, with a heart that only tries to love and see the best in people. Ive been hurt and betrayed countless times. This is what im wanting to change... Im just not sure how to do that so im seeking help from some of yall spiritual people. :)

Three important words. Maybe adding to this is being aware of why life isn't such as the great Masters have and still tell humans. I would not worry about change, to me this is not an issue at all if I am infinite. Many many opportunities, maybe of the same nature. Look into karma. Are you the person that was there. Is there time and place or now. Now includes different ideas. Not sure if there's are important. In the next few cycles will you be this same person and in a hundred the same. I am not sure if my perception has changed or has grown. For instance I have said I would make a terrible patriarch (of any sort I suppose) of the past. I look back into the past and see one of the stories I disagree with is the story of the supposed sacrifice question known in our present era. Now personally I see what happened as wrong, yet many see it as ok among the thoughts out there seeing it as an outside event but not an inside one. The reason, it did not happen. But karma talks about intent. If I had lived back then I would have said no, a simple "no", it is wrong. I do not need a higher being (now at least) to tell me this. I would hope I'd know and act accordingly. Yet with all this bravado, maybe not. Maybe that is what the feeling of trapped is and we don't know that. The point is "does" the I change. Is the next "I" or the one after you. One does not know if they have. Next why does change exist and do we know why it happens. Why rebirth? Perception. Perception of mere perception In a way do we have awareness ..... of the masters and teachers. iow we are aware. Are "we" suppose to know and this is the truer conflict.
Old 14-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi,
Quote:
Im not boasting but im a pretty attractive person, with a heart that only tries to love and see the best in people. Ive been hurt and betrayed countless times. This is what im wanting to change... Im just not sure how to do that so im seeking help from some of yall spiritual people. :)

Shocking isn't it ?

But what would you say, if i tell you, that this betrayal is, actually, self caused ?

How? you may ask.

Well, you see, if you live in this world, you are (probably) told to and look to others and to act accordingly.

But, in this world, nobody will tell you that, by looking to others you actually overlook your source (or God). (nobody but excluding the Spiritual teachers)

Here is a small drawing (well drawn by text, but it will suit the purpose) of what you have learned in this wolrd or a mindset which many have attained:

You (body pov) -----> World.

While in the truth, it should be like this:

God + Source + You <----> You (Body Pov)

The first Mind set leads you away from your source, but the second mindset leads you back to your source.

You see, your True source knows exactly what will happen, where you need to be and what you need to do to get what you want, and will lead you around all betrayals, dangers and hurts, if you will to let you lead by it.

What you require is a shift in perception. At least a catalyst for this to occur, if only for a small moment.

But you need to be willing to, at least, do the exercises.

here are few of suggestions which could help you, choose one and stick to it:

(free legal PDF's are available on the inet, use Google to search for them !)

"A Course in Miracles" - Keep Reading and doing the exercises
"Think And Grow rich" - By Napoleon Hill. - Keep Reading only.

Silva method:
Explanation of the Mirror of the Mind, watch first ! then Watch this after the first video best before going to bed !
then you can seek for more on youtube: Youtube- Silva method: or whatever your guidance is telling you (after)

Videos of "Abraham Ester Hicks" like : Abraham Hicks ~ In 2017 Listen To This Every Night Before Bed For A New Life or Abraham Hicks~68 Seconds Is Enough Time To Attract and This and this

Not recommended for beginners:
Self clearing course, scio - for people who left scientology, but want to keep on the course. Did i mention that it should not be used by beginners.
Although you can use it as beginner, but keep in mind that when you have started it, do not stop ! No matter what happens. A timeout of week or month is ok, but keep doing it.
Read the "Study Basics" first, then download "A Handbook For Self Enlightenment" / "Self Clearing - Solo course"

Anyway, discussion about the topics will not bring you anywhere, only the experience will, if you do the exercises.

BTW, did you knew that: God does NOT remember anything !
Old 16-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Suspended
Thank you Dan_SF. How did you know i would enjoy these books? I started reading the self enlightenment handbook last night and i couldnt put it down lol. However the other links specifically the Solo Course one wont work since im on my phone.

Old 16-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
I basically feel trappe here in this existence, yet i am fully aware that life could be so much more. I really want to change who i am on some level. Im not sure what level though that would bring netter results. Perception? Soul level?

My go to advice is always to do some good in the world.

Not the little things, although obviously giving change to a beggar is helpful - I mean something that requires effort.

I was in a pretty dark mindset until I volunteered my time at an animal shelter.

Seeing another being in need of love & kindness changes your focus towards them, your priorities change & so do you.

Being an attractive young lady has its benefits - however as another poster points out your world view is unfortunately skewed because of it. Human interaction is likely far more positive initially as people literally take you at face value.

My wife is hot, yet I have always purposefully been aloof with really attractive women. Its something that they aren't used to.

The arrogant ones don't care but the ones worth knowing have always made an effort to get to know me. Its an unspoken act whereby their heart is all I am interested in - I've had great female friends this way - as well as a beautiful wife inside & out.

Those showering you with attention are often trying too hard to win your affection instead of earning it.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 16-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Lorelyen

Just a small contribution from me as I like to think of myself as moderately attractive (I may be wrong), even if age is no longer on my side.

There's nothing wrong with being attractive but if the consequence is you keep getting hurt you need to contemplate on why do you attract people who hurt you? which may lead you to question what you're doing to let yourself get hurt? Are you letting romance get the better of you? Are you succumbing to men too easily? Do things develop through a friendship first? Are you suffering an underlying insecurity that makes you easy prey?
A lot of questions really.

Point is, to analyse what's going on so that if necessary you can take remedial action. It's going to take honesty but that's a given if we want to solve what we see as a problem. Often if you "talk these things through" to yourself you think of alternatives, perhaps even rationalise what's going on.

Old 22-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
the Solo Course one wont work since im on my phone

i guess then it should not be it and that's ok.

Quote:
How did you know i would enjoy these books?

I meditate daily, following the course in miracles, and usually such are the responses or experiences that i have lately.
(well at least the ones which i recognize)

Knowing isn't the right word, but i'm following the impulse to respond, when it comes and i recognize it as such.
Old 23-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
the title cought my attention.

Perception maybe. Soul level change would come under soul alchemy. And it's a process of the soul element from a bronze to gold. A soul of gold!

What got me about your post, is where you sway off to start mentioning your appearance. And being hurt and betrayed.

I don't want to psycho-analyize. But I know you. We've known of each other over a length of time. Maybe different guises (you are trying different skirts on to see if one will make life better) but under the guise, you're that same soul I met many moons ago. Here.

I've always noticed it and it's obv still there. You are having a very difficult time with self acceptance. Often, and i believe it's part of the maturation process, because many, are stuck in this mental trap. That how they appear on the outside to appease others is where and how they collect their self worth which forms their acceptance of self. In a nut shell...unless the world at large accepts you, then you will never accept yourself. It all hinges on others.
"If i am pretty, they will accept me socially and even treat me well, I may even be adored due to my looks and this will feed my ego and sense of self'

but why do i get betrayed? my looks should be enough to sustain peoples treatment of me to be loyal, loving and true!

if we base our sense of self on our outside for peoples approval. Then what happens if you have a major accident? you loose looks, a limb or two, even brain coma? What happens when you age and it all sags? What happens if you got badly burnt all over your face and it's now leather looking and scarred?
Our looks, our brain, our flesh can all change dramatically in an instance. And if that's all your entire existence of self worth holds on to. then Im willing to bet 'life' would be over and its rope to hang the self with time.

that will not do. That is not acceptable. If you cant see that you are more than just your face and outer apperance, then how can and will anyone else see you>

how does it feel? To think someone is with you because they 'like' you but in reality, they are with you only because you are pretty? Only for your face, you may bore them to death with your interests, but no worries, they're only there to look at pretty. not hear what pretty has to say. And wait, oh wait....another pretty just walked by and omg she is even prettier.....ah byeeeeeee!!

You have to dive in deep and look at what makes you YOU and marks your different from all the other 'pretty' faces out there.
Why should anyone spend more than one hour with you if it's not just to admire your pretty head?
Can you list why?

what traits, character mannerisms and interests, and behaviours do you display that you adore in yourself? What makes you so interesting that someone would want to know past the face?
Give yourself the time and love to honor the 'unseen' aspects. once you got them noted and then rise them to shine, your pretty face will glow a much more attractive shine. And your energy will entice those that are aware there is something more within you to get to know.

drop the illusions. Pretty on the surface is never forever. Beautiful on the inside is forever.

A beautiful post -- let's all strive for bringing forth our soul of gold

BTW...I've said many times that even if we look round at the most powerful, the wealthiest, and even those considered to be the most physically gifted, we still see the same sufferings and pitfalls in so, so many of them.

If we look at the intersection of at least two or the three...say wealthy, attractive actors or artists, some if not many are culturally influential and perhaps even politically influential...we see beautiful folks behaving badly...addictions, abusive behaviours, and/or being cheated on and unceremoniously thrown to the kerb on a routine basis. We see powerful and wealthy folks all round brought low due to base behavior, urges, and various secret perversions. Plenty of them in our governments...

In other words, it's true what they say about money never buying happiness or joy or love. Same goes for power or looks.

Only very, very rarely do you find all 3 of these in one person and if they are happy long-term, it is almost certainly due to a deeper spiritual grounding and being centred and right-aligned in authentic love.

I can hardly think of anyone. Justin Trudeau comes to mind...there must be a few others, hahaha... The French prez, I suppose.
What are they doing that we are not, LOL? Hahaha....

But these gents are not happy because they are powerful or attractive, IMO. They experience joy IMO because they are working to promote the general well-being in alignment with his ethics. And because they appear to understand how to authentically love others in a personal sense, i.e., each is happily married and values his partner. "Sees" them more truly. Seeks their partner's highest good equally to their own. They realise, I'm certain, that they "get it", and thus that wisdom and insight and compassion provides the foundation for their beliefs and the society they seek to promote.

If these gents were not powerful or attractive or even wealthy, I'd wager they'd still be happy, and therein lies the truth.
And here's another kicker...if their character was lacking, IMO they'd not be attractive at all as people, and no amount of power or wealth or looks could alter that truth.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 23-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:

Don't worry, if you're true to yourself you will evolve over time. Quite often most people are a mirror from what is around them.