Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-05-2014, 11:56 AM
silent whisper

Jungian thoughts..

I know his name is Carl.

I know he existed.

I know he died four months after I was born.

I know he was an analytical psychologist.

He had a hand in the Introversion, extroversion ideas,archetypes, and the collective unconscious.

He must have been one cool man.

I wouldn't mind sitting down to dinner with this man.

Maybe I am about to channel him.

Who knows with me...
Old 28-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Suspended
Maybe you can watch the movie about Jung and Freud, A Dangerous Method. Viggo Mortensen is one of my favourite actors, and he is Freud.

Recommend reading some of Jung's books, too. One of his areas of speciality was symbolism.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:45 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
Maybe you can watch the movie about Jung and Freud, A Dangerous Method. Viggo Mortensen is one of my favourite actors, and he is Freud.

Recommend reading some of Jung's books, too. One of his areas of speciality was symbolism.

It looks like a movie I would enjoy. thankyou.

I have just discovered a book of jungs so yes I will probably do some reading ...too..thankyou again.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul

That was/is a good movie!
Old 28-05-2014, 02:07 PM
somnium

One of the greatest things I have learned is the inner-connectivity of our consciousness that connects to all things, places and times. With our attention we can span out to any moment as it happens and channel the consciousness of that moment in ourselves. In this manner one can live the same realizations that the greats have had without ever touching a book. Just the focus of attention and intent is enough to absorb information from any source. Remember however that this form of direct channeling when it occurs at the source of the moment can be altered so if you are channeling from the past you can inadvertently send your consciousness into the past altering it in some way, hopefully adding or enriching it. It is a fine line to see the difference when channeling another`s energy from your own. When one learns to access the creative element in the present moment in the past, which is also the present moment strange things can happen. It has been said, and I have seen it in this light, that all time is actually happening at the same time. Far out maybe but its where my head has been at lately.
Old 28-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Lorelyen

I'm far too jung for this kind of thing, I'm afreud to say.

Old 28-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Suspended
I haven't actually watched the whole movie yet, just some clips. It gets average reviews. But, as a non-action, psychological type movie, maybe it was always going to go under the radar...

Will watch soon.
Old 28-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

100% wit, thanks for that

SW, Jung seems very popular amongst people with an interest in spirituality, but if you're interested, jaques Lacan's work resonated with much of what I had experienced when I read him.
Old 29-05-2014, 09:24 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium
One of the greatest things I have learned is the inner-connectivity of our consciousness that connects to all things, places and times. With our attention we can span out to any moment as it happens and channel the consciousness of that moment in ourselves. In this manner one can live the same realizations that the greats have had without ever touching a book.

Yes this is true. Mostly for me it comes through experiences as a whole, that reveal those realizations without reading the books. At each of my own shifts, tapping into aspects of the whole consciousness is always coming through for me, so at this time I am not surprised at my connection awakening to Jung. It may not be completely apparent yet to me, but something is being reflected to me through this space of connection
Just the focus of attention and intent is enough to absorb information from any source.

yes this is true..again you are connecting to my inner feelings arising at this time..

Remember however that this form of direct channeling when it occurs at the source of the moment can be altered so if you are channeling from the past you can inadvertently send your consciousness into the past altering it in some way, hopefully adding or enriching it.

Thankyou for this..

It is a fine line to see the difference when channeling another`s energy from your own. When one learns to access the creative element in the present moment in the past, which is also the present moment strange things can happen. It has been said, and I have seen it in this light, that all time is actually happening at the same time. Far out maybe but its where my head has been at lately.

Yes that last part makes sense. I have been through a mystical awakening experience a few years back..freaky as it was and enlightening at the same time I was able to witness/experience all time happening at the same time..If I am in preparation for this again to come back without fear this time, I guess I am ready for it and the creative space one with it.

Thankyou for sharing that Sominum. It has helped me see something important that may be emerging.
Old 29-05-2014, 09:25 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Lol...........