Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-08-2017, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yama - the intention, aim and purpose.
Niyama - creating a time, space and regularity of practice.
Asana - positioning yourself comfortably.
Pranayama - bringing your focus to the breath and the energy within and without the body.
Pratyahara - turning all the senses inward and not being distracted by external input.
Dharana - focused concentration on the breath, on a mental image, on a mantram, on the third-eye.
Dhyana - losing the association between the focus and the object focused on. Dropping identification with the mind and thought process.
Samadhi - the resulting enlightenment/bliss that occurs from raising kundalini and entering the state of Moksha.
This is all according to Patanjali and Raja Yoga, I forgot to add.

It's also apparent to see who meditates and who does not.

Just by the way anyway, awareness:

1. It was up to David to respond, not you! It wasn't your call to make.
2. You could have just reported it, but no had to go and make yourself all 'holier than thou' over it.
3. You waited for 6 pages, until you decided that you hated me enough before raising the issue, when as soon as I posted it, this was the exact PM you sent me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
I am in total agreement there. (I prefer to mention this privately.) I have pointed some of these things out to our friend. He's doing him, he's doing his thing, which as you and Shiva noticed involves heavy projection, and I'm cool with it, now.

There is a lot of pain in our friend, as I understand it. A trying too hard to "correct" and show people "the Light."

I am choosing not to respond to him at this time, during this period. Quite a few members already have, as I understand it. I admit, his presence in our thread is actually quite entertaining to me, and can ultimately only help further what awareness wishes to share.

If you are now choosing to ignore our brother, DavidSun, or at least not respond to his posts, this would be a great idea.

I am happy that you spoke up and addressed those observations of yours. It's one of the reasons why I love conversing with you, your genuine openness.

Two-faced hypocrisy much?

I wasn't going to continue with this, but the more you poke the bear, the more it's gonna bite you.

At least people can see your 'true colours' now and I'm glad! Goodbye.

Necro out.