Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Master
Reality

Hello,

Placing some thoughts here.

I have come across questions and debates (for lack of better word) in regards to reality.

In one way it seems the individual creates his/her reality. Through what is thought to be, a self image created, and through what may or may not be perceived.

Then there seems to be that which just occurs around the individual. Nature doing its thing, as I am phrasing it. Regardless of what I may think should or desire, nature does it thing. It seems to go on creating beyond what I think it to be.

So, there appears two sides in experiencing living as this human being, which creates reality for this individual. That which is thought to be and perceived and that which is just being in and of itself. The sides seem interlinked and the how, why, what, and so forth get expanded in regards to the way this individual relates to it all.

What I find and continue to have reenforced in my mind is that neither are separate from the self and my being.

All of this is of the journey and creates in its own way(s) the reality I am experiencing.

But, there is the mysterious piece that appears and forms that is just there. Comes to my consciousness and awareness without effort on my part. Noticed and experienced through the senses and perceptions and forms in the mind.

It seems the reality is that it is both as I think it to be and as it is being without me thinking, lol. Quite the brain twister at times.

Sharing how reality is coming across for me at the moment.

What are the thoughts and insights you all have?
Old 21-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

In one way it seems the individual creates his/her reality. Through what is thought to be, a self image created, and through what may or may not be perceived.

Then there seems to be that which just occurs around the individual. Nature doing its thing, as I am phrasing it. Regardless of what I may think should or desire, nature does it thing. It seems to go on creating beyond what I think it to be.

What I find and continue to have reenforced in my mind is that neither are separate from the self and my being.

I can sure relate to what you said here. If I had to clarify to myself about this, I would have said, it's not a creation of his/her reality but is an "illusion" of his/her reality and was created for you, often not by you. Reality is neutral, illusion isn't. It is then the illusion that creates the likelihood of cause and effect and this cause and effect can be anything. Sometimes you get to see the illusion of it.

Yes telling ourselves that and then believe.

Again pattern thinking, passive versus active thinking.

We are part of nature and follow those rules, but yes, how does the sun giving out it's heat apply to how we feel.
Old 21-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I can sure relate to what you said here. If I had to clarify to myself about this, I would have said, it's not a creation of his/her reality but is an "illusion" of his/her reality and was created for you, often not by you. Reality is neutral, illusion isn't. It is then the illusion that creates the likelihood of cause and effect and this cause and effect can be anything. Sometimes you get to see the illusion of it.

Yes telling ourselves that and then believe.

Again pattern thinking, passive versus active thinking.

We are part of nature and follow those rules, but yes, how does the sun giving out it's heat apply to how we feel.

Hi lemex,

You bring some thoughts to me.

"Illusion" or not,does what occurs create the reality one experience?

Yes, at times there is the sorting out of what is really happening and what is not.
A smile may be warm or a showing of discomfort, for example.

Yes, there are patterns set in my own thinking. At times can recognize the pattern, at other times may not until something triggers it.

But, there are experiences I have had that seem to be without thought. Without cause and effect on my part, until after the fact. Then deciding what, if anything to do about or how to incorporate into my life.

It forms a reality of sorts. Yes, can take me believing it occurred and it has relevance. The point I find interesting is things occur or may occur regardless of what I may believe.

Guess, as far as this individual goes, my reality is influenced by both what is believed and what is observed.

Cause and effect may be the results of actions taken or happening because of these. Which can further create/expand the reality or feeling of it happening.

Suppose, some of reality is formed by how one may feel and what is believed.
What about that which occurs outside the individual and may affect him/her and even alter the reality of that person?

In this I feel it intertwines in and of itself, in a way.

Thank you.
Old 21-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello,

Placing some thoughts here.

I have come across questions and debates (for lack of better word) in regards to reality.

So, there appears two sides in experiencing living as this human being, which creates reality for this individual. That which is thought to be and perceived and that which is just being in and of itself. The sides seem interlinked and the how, why, what, and so forth get expanded in regards to the way this individual relates to it all.

All of this is of the journey and creates in its own way(s) the reality I am experiencing.

But, there is the mysterious piece that appears and forms that is just there. Comes to my consciousness and awareness without effort on my part. Noticed and experienced through the senses and perceptions and forms in the mind.

It seems the reality is that it is both as I think it to be and as it is being without me thinking, lol. Quite the brain twister at times.

What are the thoughts and insights you all have?

Whatever happens outside of your mind is not your reality, but can be mine. Reality is based on our beliefs so what happens in our external world first must come from the mind... When we change our beliefs our reality changes..
Old 21-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Whatever happens outside of your mind is not your reality, but can be mine. Reality is based on our beliefs so what happens in our external world first must come from the mind... When we change our beliefs our reality changes..

An interesting idea though I'm not sure it's workable in all cases. Reality is all based on what signs communicate.
Old 21-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
An interesting idea though I'm not sure it's workable in all cases. Reality is all based on what signs communicate.

Do you mean synchronicity?
Old 21-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi sky123,

I can agree that what one believes can create a reality of sorts for that individual.

What comes to mind is; What about that which may occur regardless whether I believe it or not? Such an Earthquake. Do these occur because if beliefs.
I have experienced an Earthquke, but did not cause or create it to happen.

So, to me, reality in the whole scope of things seems a more mysterious thing in a way. How one thing seems to affect another and possibly influence and alter ones own reality.

Thank you
Old 22-10-2017, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi sky123,

I can agree that what one believes can create a reality of sorts for that individual.

What comes to mind is; What about that which may occur regardless whether I believe it or not? Such an Earthquake. Do these occur because if beliefs.
I have experienced an Earthquke, but did not cause or create it to happen.

So, to me, reality in the whole scope of things seems a more mysterious thing in a way. How one thing seems to affect another and possibly influence and alter ones own reality.

Thank you

Everything that happens is cause and effect but unless we recognise what is happening through our mind/thoughts it's not our reality but is the reality of the perceiver.

You experienced an earthquake (scary), you knew it was an earthquake because your mind labeled it as so, it became your reality, to others who where not in the same place as you and didn't experience it or label it as so then of course it did happen but not as their own reality.
Old 22-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Everything that happens is cause and effect but unless we recognise what is happening through our mind/thoughts it's not our reality but is the reality of the perceiver.

You experienced an earthquake (scary), you knew it was an earthquake because your mind labeled it as so, it became your reality, to others who where not in the same place as you and didn't experience it or label it as so then of course it did happen but not as their own reality.

What you presents brings to me some further thoughts.

Can agree there is a cause and effect. These influence how I or another may respond and/or react to what is or has happened.

On an individual basis can also relate that through how I interpret things can influence my reality or believing that such and such is real. Yes, it does seem to get filtered (so to speak) through the mind, creating a perception with in. As I relate to it.

Ones experience(s) is not the same as another's. May share similar events, but each individual seem to have his/her own take on it, creating what seems individual realities.

The part that has me curious at times is how these individual realities interlink.
As well as the realities and influences of what occurs in nature and Spirit. Which all seems to influence each other in a way.

Can relate if not aware of it, will it be with in my own perceived reality? Most likely not. At Least, to the extent I most likely won't know or notice it. But once aware of it being, whether directly or indirectly, then these events, movements, energy, and such enter my perception/view. So, then expands how things connect and may influence one another.

Which expands my reality and what may be so and what is at present.

Thank you for your insight/thoughts.
Old 21-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Master
Reality is too complex for Einstein and Stephen Hawking to figure out. I'm not even going to try. Things are mysterious, interesting, and everything is alive including me. That's enough for me.

I've been able to experience things similar to "creating your own reality" and "the law of attraction". But it was never in a concrete way. It was always in hind sight that I noticed things.

For example, last month I was hit by like 10 tragedies. I dealt with them all marvelously. This month, I practically hit the lottery. Some might say I created this reality by what I did last month, or that I attracted the good experiences by reacting appropriately to the negative ones, etc etc.

It's a conversation basically. Does this do that? Is this connected to that? What does it mean? How can we use this to our benefit? etc etc. Nobody can prove anything one way or the other. I'll let people with more hot wind than me continue this convo lol.