Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 12-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I agree. There are many countries in the world where marriages are arranged by families, in some, they are even bartered.

Do we realise how lucky we are to be able to make our own choices in who we marry/cohabit with and at what age we decide to leave the nest and move on. Free will is priceless.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Master

I'm reminded of the Essene scripture which says there should be no marriage 'where love and health are not'.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Do we realise how lucky we are to be able to make our own choices in who we marry/cohabit with and at what age we decide to leave the nest and move on. Free will is priceless.

Very true.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Master
No 40.
"This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the kafir"

This one is untrue in my opinion as non-muslims also have restrictions as to how they live their lives.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

Yes, this I do recognize and I am very grateful. However, on the same token, although, we are very fortunate in the West to have these "privileges" we also should be respectful and be sensitive to other people's beliefs and cultures around the world. Many of these women are NOT suppressed, they are happy and accustomed to their way of living. They respect their religion and they respect their man. It has been this way for thousands of generations. The perception of freedom and happiness is different to everyone.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I'm reminded of the Essene scripture which says there should be no marriage 'where love and health are not'.

I agree with "no love " but it is very unkind regarding " no health " that seems to imply that a unhealthy person is unworthy of marriage. When a Christain makes their wedding vows do they not say " in sickness and in health " Mybe I have misunderstood the meaning of the scripture.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Master

Quote:
I agree with "no love " but it is very unkind regarding " no health " that seems to imply that a unhealthy person is unworthy of marriage. When a Christain makes their wedding vows do they not say " in sickness and in health " Mybe I have misunderstood the meaning of the scripture.

My understanding is that it refers to a girl or young woman not being married off to a loveless marriage to an elderly, infirm man - or any sort of loveless marriage.
A very liberated view in that day and age.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Yes, this I do recognize and I am very grateful. However, on the same token, although, we are very fortunate in the West to have these "privileges" we also should be respectful and be sensitive to other people's beliefs and cultures around the world. Many of these women are NOT suppressed, they are happy and accustomed to their way of living. They respect their religion and they respect their man. It has been this way for thousands of generations. The perception of freedom and happiness is different to everyone.

Fair enough. If the woman is happy, that is the main thing.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Experiencer
there we go again ...
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 12-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
No 40.
"This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the kafir"

This one is untrue in my opinion as non-muslims also have restrictions as to how they live their lives.

a muslim rider on his horse once was asked that
by pagan of mecca who was in poor health and begging
the pagan asked him : you say this world is the hell of believers
and the heaven for non-believers tell me what kind of heaven
i am in and what kind of hell you are in ?

the Muslim replied : compared to what Allah have for us both in afterlife
what i am in now is hell and prison.. and what you are in now is heaven
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."