Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 29-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Experiencer
Sandman

I like the idea of a spirit who sends our higher selves 'messages' through dreams. Of course, some dreams are experienced solely on a biological level - for our brain to process reality - but I also believe dreams can provide us with intense spiritual guidance.

Does this idea resonate with anyone? If the 'Sandman' truly existed on a non-physical plane, do you think his purpose could be deciding which messages we receive in our dreams?

Thank you! :)
Old 29-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Megamedes

I thought the Sandman was more connected to children bringing good dreams to them. I love the image of him portrayed in "Rise of the Guardians". I also love how it is described in the book Peter and Wendy:

Quote:
Mrs. Darling first heard of Peter when she was tidying up her children's minds. It is the nightly custom of every good mother after her children are asleep to rummage in their minds and put things straight for next morning, repacking into their proper places the many articles that have wandered during the day. If you could keep awake (but of course you can't) you would see your own mother doing this, and you would find it very interesting to watch her. It is quite like tidying up drawers. You would see her on her knees, I expect, lingering humorously over some of your contents, wondering where on earth you had picked this thing up, making discoveries sweet and not so sweet, pressing this to her cheek as if it were as nice as a kitten, and hurriedly stowing that out of sight. When you wake in the morning, the naughtinesses and evil passions with which you went to bed have been folded up small and placed at the bottom of your mind; and on the top, beautifully aired, are spread out your prettier thoughts, ready for you to put on.
Old 29-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamedes
I thought the Sandman was more connected to children bringing good dreams to them. I love the image of him portrayed in "Rise of the Guardians".

me too , cute movie
Old 29-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
me too , cute movie

Which of the characters do you identify with?
Old 29-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Experiencer
Ok, so I'm actually thrilled because Rise of the Guardians is my favorite movie. :) lol. Megamedes -- hypothetically considering that Sandman is real, do you think he'd be similar to the film's portrayal?
Old 29-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Megamedes

Emma Swan: You've clearly glommed onto my kid Henry's thing. They're just stories! The Mad Hatter is in Alice in Wonderland, a book - a book I actually read.
Jefferson: Stories. Stories! What's a story? When you were in high school, d'you learn about the Civil War?
Emma Swan: Yeah, of course.
Jefferson: How? D'you read about it, perchance, in a book? How's that any less real than any other book?
Emma Swan: History books are based on history.
Jefferson: And storybooks are based on what? Imagination. Where does that come from? It has to come from somewhere.

I think the portrayal of the sandman is not so far from how I would think a being like Hermes (Greek Mythology) is.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:40 AM
Experiencer
Whenever I think of the sandman I think of the movie "Dark Skies", about the Greys *shivers* a little boy in the movie portrayed the sandman in that film as this scary entity that throws sand in your eyes and makes them burn so you go to sleep...that movie was creepy...