Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 29-05-2019, 07:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Completely spiritually confused!

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice. I have came to a strong belief in the divine or God or god's! Still not sure what my belief is. That is why I am asking for help.

After spending the vast majority of my life as a fundamentally atheistic person, I have came to realise the hollowness and flaws of this worldview.

I am now looking to develop spiritually. I have flirted with Christianity for a couple of years, but I can't seem to buy into it completely. It feels 'dead' to me if that makes sense.

I am much more drawn to the Norse gods and myths. But I don't know if that is due to the fact I have always loved the myths!

Any advice on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
Old 29-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Master

Hi Rob,

I can totally see where you're coming from. I used to be an atheist for a number of years and like you, never saw much appeal in Christianity. Then I got in contact with Sumerian and later Hindu and Buddhist gods and my worldview and spirituality changed accordingly.

One thing you should keep in mind is that the gods of different cultures and time periods are essentially the same, they may change appearances and names somewhat, but appearing in different forms actually delights them, so don't pay too much attention to superficial differences.

Studying the myths connected to the gods that you're drawn to is a great idea, Wikipedia is a great resource to get you started and it will reference the works that you need to read to get more in-depth. It is also a good idea to visit museums and original devotional sites connected to their worship, you will probably feel that you are connecting to them energetically on some level. They might then make an appearance in your dreams or give you other signs, which makes the whole process really exciting.

Good luck on your journey.
Old 29-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robj333
I have flirted with Christianity for a couple of years, but I can't seem to buy into it completely. It feels 'dead' to me if that makes sense.

I think Christianity is about the Holy Spirit, Goddess of Light and Love, but almost nobody is paying attention to her, but she is paying attention to everybody by sharing her Light and Love, especially at Gospel Churches.

Pray to the HS with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
Start "flirting" with the HS and let her come into your heart, be fulfilled with the HS and you will turn into Love.

Remember Jesus was just a smart person before he was fulfilled with the HS.

btw I am super lazy to study but not to pray......
Old 29-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Master
Cool

All spirituality leads to the same thing, it is your free will and choice witch path you take, just ask your HS/

Heart Wisdom.
in places where others do not.
Old 29-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Master

You ask us but you really need to ask yourself..

We all have different backgrounds so what we are drawn towards tells us something about who we are and what path we are 'meant' to take. Making your own path is better than just following some pre-packaged path where everything is forced upon you. It should be about your intuition and understanding we have multiple bodies, and different personalities, and histories. This is what we have to work with, spiritually. Conventional spiritual traditions don't really acknowledge this, they try too hard to make spirituality about logic, obsessing over repeatability, and everyone believing the same god..

Check the different forums and topics here, see what interests you. If you feel a strong inclination towards Norse religion than you could incorporate this in your spiritual practice..
Old 01-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Ahhh, what a wonderful place you've found yourself in. Congratulations!

My advice is to take yourself to the nearest metaphysical bookstore and see what "falls into your hands," so to speak. You're bound to come away with some marvelous, highly pertinent stuff. And do come back and tell us what you found!

Best of luck in your new adventure.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Seeker

Nobody can tell you where to go. We all have different path. You have to live with your heart and where your destiny will lead you to.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice. I have came to a strong belief in the divine or God or god's! Still not sure what my belief is. That is why I am asking for help.

After spending the vast majority of my life as a fundamentally atheistic person, I have came to realise the hollowness and flaws of this worldview.

I am now looking to develop spiritually. I have flirted with Christianity for a couple of years, but I can't seem to buy into it completely. It feels 'dead' to me if that makes sense.

I am much more drawn to the Norse gods and myths. But I don't know if that is due to the fact I have always loved the myths!

Rob

That hollow feeling
Fed up with indulgence in suffering
We turn from the external ephemeral
To the internal eternal
For enduring joy
Without delusional egoic ploy

The choice as such to connect to the source
Disassociating from vibrations coarse
This choice, this burning yearning
Is itself the way, the end and the beginning
Religion, theosophy, yogic techniques ...
Use them if so inclined but egolessly seek

Old 09-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Rob

Don't worry, you are not alone!

It's going to take quite a number of centuries until we can begin to sort the myths that you so love from the trees of the forest of possibilities.

If you have the feeling that you just must believe something then divulge yourself but don't ask others what 'spirituality' is - your guess is as good as theirs!
Old 09-07-2019, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Rob

One day I went to a restaurant on a Sunday and sat at the counter. I looked to my left and there was 3 men dressed in black pants, black shoes, white shirts with ties. They also had on the counter their Bibles.

I asked them if they belonged to the Church on such and such street. They lit up like a Christmas tree because that was their Church which was a Pentecostal Church.

I asked them if they do faith healing at that Church. They looked at each other and finally said "not really" because they did not have a regular to do the healing. I told them I have received and performed healings. Their eyes lit up once more.

As we continued talking, they asked me if I was a Brother, I did not answer.

They asked me if I was a man of the cloth, I did not answer.

they asked me if I would come to there Church and give a sermon. I did not answer.

I have never been to a Pentecostal Church.

Just mingle with other people and you will be surprised how much you can pick up. Gain confidence. Pick up a few different words. You will find your path or niche.