Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 09-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Yoga, meditation are the best technique to get out of depression. Indoor dance will be helpful and effective to fight depression.
Old 17-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

No doubt, yoga can help. But it's better to start practising it with a professional, not alone
Old 19-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Knower
My prevention of winter depression is:
1. Yoga essentials like Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar).
2. Walking regularly (fitness tracker can remind, even every hour).
3. Any sustainable exercise (swimming works for me in winter the best).
Old 30-01-2018, 01:54 AM
Knower
I agree with meditation, positive thinking, etc. and would like to add earthing.

Earthing has taken my foot pain away and improved my circulation. I am a photographer and sit at my desk for a lot of hours so I bought an earthing mat to get the benefits. My pain is completely gone and I no longer even have cold feet. I also have fibromyalgia and I used to have to take 5htp daily to keep that pain away and now I only take it once a week. I don't even think I need it anymore.
I don't think I can link the product here but if you do a search for "earthing" then you should find a wealth of info plus the website where you can get a mat. Or if he has plenty of time then you can earth for free by just sitting in the grass or walking barefoot. the longer you earth, the better.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:16 AM
Master
Nature hikes and outdoor running has been healing.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Experiencer

Anything outdoors in a natural setting if possible. The forest or a garden, walking/running on the beach, following a walking trail along a river etc.
I find immersing myself in beautiful surroundings, being absorbed in nature while exercising is good for your soul, it helps and i find it calming.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Helpful thread.
Old 26-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Try Indian yoga therapy - Anulom vilom pranayama. This is good idea just try it daily.
Old 31-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Seeker

I think the best is something that inspires

And then scale it down to your level
Old 05-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Experiencer

I suffer from bipolar and when the depression sets in it is very dark. The reason they suggest exercise as a way to combat the symptoms is because exercise for one helps combat the nasty side effect of weight gain caused by the depression and the medication, but also it has to do with the way the brain works. When we exercise the brain releases dopamine which is the happy hormone. Any exercise can do this really. Other ways that can help with depression are solffeggio tones. The higher ones help me but here is a website explaining what the different ones do
https://attunedvibrations.com/solfeggio/

Before you dismiss frequency and vibration here is a youtube video that explains why they are so important.
https://youtu.be/_aeeNMk04l0

There are tons of scientific studies regarding this subject you can find on google and scholar google.

Meditation with these frequencies. I know when you are in that frame of mind that last thing that would seem to be a good idea is to meditate after all who wants to look in when it is so crazy in there, but if you do it dont look in just clear your mind and focus on your breathing if you stay focused on your breath your mind will shut up because you are actively thinking and focusing on your breathing. I do this and just let the solffeggio music wash over my brain. I usually end up in a state between sleep and awake for like an hour. When I stop I do actually feel better and my brain is much calmer.

I hope this helps.
Namaste`