Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 18-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Well, one need not ignore the pretty lights so long as one keeps them in perspective and realizes that they are just that
. All things are divine; all things are a part of the machinery of the universe.
Both the objective and the subjective feed the work.
I guess I'm just a stickler for warning against what can be called "mirages" in meditation.
If they do not hold you up in your work or slow you down then they are fine. :)
Yes, I agree.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Without looking back a few pages...just wanted to say (again?)...

What a wonderful thing to want...Samadhi!

Just think if one were to focus on that as a life goal.
If man or Mankind could focus his attention on ONE thing...
O, the things he could accomplish!

An exciting thought, eh?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Knower

In my experience, Samadhi is similar to, if not the same as, the Unio Mystica, the Divine Union. I think our Souls long for this union, and strive for it despite the ego's desire to keep us in the material state. I have experienced Samadhi for moments during meditation, and on one occasion managed to sustain it for several minutes beyond. Keep practicing Tom. It's not death you seek, its Life.
Old 23-08-2016, 03:16 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
I want Samadhi, I want to experience ego death, I want to merge my mind and spirit with the collective consciousness of the Universe BEFORE I die, how do I come about this? Thank you

Remove "I", remove "want" and you are left with samadhi !

Cryptic sentence isn't it?
There are so many assumptions in your post. First you assume that there is an "I", there is samadhi and there is death etc etc. And foremost you assume that you can "get" it, in a way you get an object or a state of mind.

I mostly agree with Self (the forum user), that one cannot get it merely by certain practices or rituals or some other magic. One can only prepare oneself for this experience which happens on its own.

When the fruit is ripe it falls - unknown(?)

When life started on earth the single cell organisms did not want to be a human, they did nothing to reach to a human stage, the individuals did not even survive to see this day. Evolution is much bigger than an individual. Natural evolution is a small part of spiritual evolution. Its not about who is evolving, its about what is evolving. The one who is evolving is the totality of all that is, it is not individual.

Anyhow, your wish to grow is a good sign, it is an expression of the wish of the universe (if you want to call it that). There are some things that can be done to align yourself to its wish. One must choose a path, a lifestyle that is aligned with one's greater goals. One can consult a teacher. There are several teachers and several paths, choose wisely.

So far I've learnt that we are already there, we are already in samadhi, we are already united. It is merely an illusion that we are separate. This is just ignorance. Once the ignorance is removed, the unity is witnessed. So one does not achieve a great state called samadhi, one merely removes the dark fog of ignorance, and let the truth shine. Thats all there is to do.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Seeker

Hi Tom,

Don't put the cart before the horse, you must start at the beginning, first of all you must be careful on what you are feeding the mind, it has to be pure and clear before you can attempt anything near samadhi, this is the highest level of bliss, and once you have experienced I am told you are changed for ever. Only by God's Grace can this be achieved. It may take your whole life to achieve but still definitely worth it. My point is don't rush, just as a baby is cared for by the mother when she places the baby into the bath, so should you approach meditation, slowly and carefully without even the wish for bliss or anything at all. May God bless you in your sincere efforts.
Old 16-09-2016, 04:29 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Remove the 'I' Tom.

The thread should've been closed after this answer.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Without looking back a few pages...just wanted to say (again?)...

What a wonderful thing to want...Samadhi!

Just think if one were to focus on that as a life goal.
If man or Mankind could focus his attention on ONE thing...
O, the things he could accomplish!

An exciting thought, eh?

Yes!!!
Old 19-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Newbie ;)

On Tacheonic Quantum Information and Enlightenment

I would advise this: train your mind to accept what destiny has for you in this lifetime. It would take meditation to do this. But concentration on the Noble Truths might be called for here, that of warning against attachment even an longing for Enlightenment and Nirvana.

You are somewhere a long the Path. Where I don't know. However, its usually thought that it take multiple lifetimes to achieve what you are looking to do. I would not wish that unhappiness that comes from your desires being frustrated.

I think my message good in that meditating will launch you along the Path, so if this is the lifetime in which you achieve these things, then it will be fruitful to you. However if it is not that time, you can pay into that savings account that brings you closer to this in a future life time.

I would also remind you of the teachings of Shiva that we are already enlightened. I don't know if this is tacheonic quantum information, however I know its real if you just think about this idea. You CAN have it now is my point, you just have to instantly become aware of it.

Hopefully this helps.
Old 20-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmeister
I would also remind you of the teachings of Shiva that we are already enlightened. I don't know if this is tacheonic quantum information, however I know its real if you just think about this idea. You CAN have it now is my point, you just have to instantly become aware of it.

Hopefully this helps.
Namaste.

I am feeling so 'spiritually indulgent' right now - my ego seems to be getting in the way again. lol

There is one aspect of Shiva I hold in very high regard and praise, that of Lord Dakshinamurthy - the great teacher.

He was the one who taught the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra to Parvati. Shiva was a lot more than the 'husband' of Parvati in the conjugal sense, they were mental equals in every way and Shiva respected the intelligence of His wife so much, He imparted the most sacred knowledge to Her - reading it is a true pleasure and joy.

It's all about becoming consciously aware of your daydreams.

Lord Dakshinamurthy also appeared through Adi Shankaracharya, who was torn between his total love for Shiva and being/existing in that love - and I can relate to that - oh yes, I can relate to that...
Shankaracharya's work Saundarya Lahari (Waves of Bliss) is a collection of hymns to Mother Kali in Her aspect of Kundalini written with so much intense devotion...

Shiva is the great teacher and the source of all esoteric knowledge. To love him means to open yourself up to universes unseen.

To 'get Samadhi' start with these two books and then read the main 10 Upanishads until they 'sink in'.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-12-2016, 12:51 AM
Necro...

You are not spiritually indulgent...you want what you want.

Never....never ...be ashamed of that