Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 29-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Seeker

Exclamation having problems with astral projection need help

Ive been meditating for just under five years now in hopes to astral project.. I get frustrated from time to time because its not happened, at least not that I recall and I would like to recall. My husband is very in tune and doesn't have so much problems getting there now. He shares the experienced with me that his spirit guide allows him to & it makes me happy for him but also frustrates me more. He told me it was never east for him at first and took him about three years. Ive described the feelings I have went through when meditation for the purposes of astral projection but find it just either gets too painful or I fall asleep. I will share this process with you: It starts with a sort of vibration or shaking at my feet, I concentrate to relax my limbs and build that vibration up my body slowly.. As this happens my body begins to go numb to where i can hardly feel it (like sleep paralysis) , I concentrate on my breath and my third eye. This is where something goes wrong, at least i think.... My body gets really uncomfortable with cramping and pain comes over my body and its pretty painful and very uncomfortable... My third eye feels like someone is drilling through it. At this point I either wuss out or fall asleep even when its painful i know I'm weird haha. A lot of times my ear rings in this process and i couldn't move it i tried. I would really like to achieve astral projection this year i would love some input , anything may help. -kstaar
Old 30-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
Maybe you are trying to force it -or trying too hard right now?

You could try this. But you will need a very gentle and very relaxed mind-set to experiment.
Face the idea of sleep deprivation (so this might be nicer done at a weekend, or whenever you don't have much to do the next day.) It is very simple.

Go to bed and let yourself sleep naturally. Set the alarm for 4 hours later. When the alarm goes off, get up straight away and go into another room. Get a coffee if you like! (but nothing to eat) Stay up doing something very gentle like reading about astral projection (?) or anything else pretty easy to do for about 1 hour. Then go back to lie down in bed. Fully relax and keep the idea of leaving your body in mind but don't push it. If you fall asleep -so what?

You will almost certainly get awakened by full body vibrations soon after. So just get out of bed! You will be out of body! At the very least you may experience your legs and arms floating out of body, which is a start and will give you a boost.

After all this experimenting is over and you've had enough you can let yourself just go back to sleep. So if you can sleep late you won't even wake up tired.
Oh one tip. If you DO have an out of body experience, get up to write it down first or you might forget if you sleep again.

("nothing to eat" might be a whimsical thing. I once had an OBE straight after eating half a pack of fruit shortcake biscuits with a coffee in the middle of the night. But usually it works best on an empty stomach.)
Old 30-01-2015, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Maybe you are trying to force it -or trying too hard right now?

You could try this. But you will need a very gentle and very relaxed mind-set to experiment.
Face the idea of sleep deprivation (so this might be nicer done at a weekend, or whenever you don't have much to do the next day.) It is very simple.

Go to bed and let yourself sleep naturally. Set the alarm for 4 hours later. When the alarm goes off, get up straight away and go into another room. Get a coffee if you like! (but nothing to eat) Stay up doing something very gentle like reading about astral projection (?) or anything else pretty easy to do for about 1 hour. Then go back to lie down in bed. Fully relax and keep the idea of leaving your body in mind but don't push it. If you fall asleep -so what?

You will almost certainly get awakened by full body vibrations soon after. So just get out of bed! You will be out of body! At the very least you may experience your legs and arms floating out of body, which is a start and will give you a boost.

After all this experimenting is over and you've had enough you can let yourself just go back to sleep. So if you can sleep late you won't even wake up tired.
Oh one tip. If you DO have an out of body experience, get up to write it down first or you might forget if you sleep again.

I've found this to be one of the most effective techniques for achieving OBEs. I find that 4 hours is a bit too little rest and I'm more inclined to just pass out, but waking after 5-6 hours is ideal for me. This may vary from person to person, so experiment and see what works best. Ideally you'd wake up after a sleep cycle, which would be after approximately 4.5 or 6 hours of sleep, as a new cycle starts about every 1.5 hours, give or take, but this is not necessary, just helpful, as you will feel less tired and be less likely to sleep through the projection.

One addition to this method that I've used since I first started projecting is a third-eye affirmation meditation. After waking, staying up for about an hour, and then going back to bed, focus your awareness (you can even roll your eyes up slightly) to the third eye chakra center between the eyes on the lower forehead, and mentally repeat your intention to leave your body. "I am consciously leaving my body" or something along these lines works well. You can even initially say it out loud for greater effect, but you will eventually want to completely relax and switch to thoughts only. This practice serves to implant the suggestion into your subconscious mind, and I have found that stating my intent in this way with sincerity and passion works wonders.

Essentially what is happening here is your conscious mind becomes aware as the body is undergoing the initial stages of the sleep process, which usually includes paralysis and then a shifting of the nonphysical subtle energy bodies into their respective nonphysical dimensions. This happens every time we enter sleep, only now you are knowingly going for the ride.

There is only one technique that I've found to be easier than this. It essentially entails consciously waking up, not moving, and then immediately repeating a series of exit techniques until projection is achieved. I say "consciously" waking up because you have to learn to catch yourself the moment you begin to awaken with the intent to leave your body and make it a point not to move a muscle. Usually we wake up and immediately move, but by not moving you delay the process of your consciousness becoming grounded back in the body, and instead remain somewhat shifted from normal waking awareness. From this state it is very easy to phase from the body.

It is easier than the above technique in one sense, because it doesn't require waking up early and getting up or any of that. You just wake up naturally and shift from the body. On the other hand, it initially takes some effort and practice to train your mind to consciously wake up without moving, whereas the wake-back-to-bed technique requires little training of the mind. Of course, training the mind can be a good thing, especially when it leads to greater control over your faculties of consciousness. The advantage to this method is that it can be attempted every time you wake up, and being that the average person wakes up at least briefly several times during any given period of sleep, it greatly increases your chances of achieving an OBE.

I have attached a text file with the details of this technique. This is essentially a condensed version of Michael Raduga's "The Phase."
Attached Files
File Type: txt OBE Indirect-Direct .txt (34.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 30-01-2015, 03:49 AM
Seeker

This is a good idea inhave tried something similar but this seems more practical i think ill give it a shot. Im not like forcing the astral projection if anything i just have realy good intent to go but wondering if there is something at all i should be focused on when my eyes are shut... So far i just get really relaxed and keep my mind awake ... Is there something else my mind should be doing other than just trying to be awake...sometimes i see colour swirls and follow them ... But im not sure if there is something else. I usually focus on my breath also and just view as if im watching tv..
Old 30-01-2015, 03:51 AM
Seeker

And thank you vince for the literature i like both reading on it and hearing peoples experiences so thank you both i will definitley try this.
Old 30-01-2015, 04:20 AM
Master
My pleasure buddy good luck!
Old 31-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Kaas9554

maybe try astral project from a lucid dream, that way you can avoid the pain.

I often times do this. Find my way back by going through a wall to my body. A good meditation to do is to relax every muscle, this is like a hypnotherapy type mediation. Then when I feel some pain, I take a stretch and lay on my side, as if I were to fall asleep. I am aware of the midway point between sleep and being awake and try push myself out.
I believe I've noticed that alcohol seems to make or break ap-ing. The first few times I did AP was because of a hangover. These days I can't even do it if I drink. Other things to that prevented me for a long time were smoking pot.

One time I had a focus of vibrations in my hand, it felt like it was going to explode so I woke myself up instead of projecting. I had arthritis in my head after that. Most likely because of serving. So if you suffer from certain conditions, then the vibrations might get trapped in your chakras. Which is why I recommend to relax every single muscle until you get a good flow going. Deep breaths really help. Breath in Oxygen into your soar muscles, and breath out relaxation.

Hope this helps!
Old 31-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Knower

Hi Storm3,

Do you mind if I ask what your meditation entails? What is your process for reaching a meditative state?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egadanadage
Hi Storm3,

Do you mind if I ask what your meditation entails? What is your process for reaching a meditative state?

Ive got some time today so i will wrote down the process in my phone notepad and make sure i dont miss an aspects then i will copy and paste here so you can know what the process is like for reaching it.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:35 AM
Knower

Hi Storm3,

I've been astral projecting daily through meditation for the last 20+ years. I was actually wondering about your process so that I might be of some help to you. Another question for you...do you ever project naturally through sleep? If you've made a habit of meditation...and it sounds like you have...definitely get back to me. I'd love to help if I can.