Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-12-2014, 02:34 AM
erinbella42

Falling Back Into Body

I've been trying to project, and I've made it out of my body a few times- but I always fall back after a few seconds. I'm able to "sit up" out of my body and I can feel myself hovering, but I haven't been able to make it last.

The first time it happened, it was an accident. Lucid dreaming has always come naturally to me. I was able to wake myself up from nightmares when I was a child. Eventually, I realized that instead of waking up, I could control my dreams and do some really amazing things :) I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time when I was about 12 or 13 (I'm 19 now) and it freaked me out until I realized it was just the body falling asleep before the mind- and then I began entering my dreams and shaping them as they formed before me when I experience sleep paralysis.

One morning, while I was in sleep paralysis, I started to hear really beautiful music, unlike anything I'd ever really heard before. I slowly sat up, and realized it wasn't my physical body rising up. I'd read about astral projection, but not in much detail, so I sort of knew what was happening. I made it about halfway up before I fell back and woke up.

I did some more reading on astral projection after this, but I sort of forgot about it for a while until over the summer, I accidentally stumbled into another experience. After waking up from a lucid dream, I remained still until I entered sleep paralysis again when I had the same sort of experience, instead this time, I was able to make it out of my body before I felt a huge rush of energy and fell back into my body, waking up.

Over the next few weeks, I had a few experiences where I "sat up" out of my body. I had three mornings in a row where I experienced different degrees of astral projection. The first time I made it partially out of my body and the second time I made it all the way out and sort of floated for a few seconds before coming back to my body. The third morning was the furthest I've ever made it with astral projection, and I'm not really sure what exactly happened. I made it out of my body, and pulled up higher. At this point, I gained vision, and I saw my bedroom. I sort of lost it after this, and entered into what felt like a dream. I flew around above a fantasy landscape and eventually ended up in a clothing store- at this point it just felt like a non-lucid dream. Was this some form of astral projection, or was it just a dream?

That was about a month ago. Since then, I've only had one experience where I woke up as I was about to rise up from sleep paralysis. I'm in college, so the stress and limited sleep with finals and papers due hasn't allowed for optimal conditions for astral projection. Is what I'm experiencing astral projection? What can I do to get past just lifting up out of my body?

Thanks to anyone who bothered to read through all of this :)
Old 17-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbella42
I've been trying to project, and I've made it out of my body a few times- but I always fall back after a few seconds. I'm able to "sit up" out of my body and I can feel myself hovering, but I haven't been able to make it last.

The first time it happened, it was an accident. Lucid dreaming has always come naturally to me. I was able to wake myself up from nightmares when I was a child. Eventually, I realized that instead of waking up, I could control my dreams and do some really amazing things :) I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time when I was about 12 or 13 (I'm 19 now) and it freaked me out until I realized it was just the body falling asleep before the mind- and then I began entering my dreams and shaping them as they formed before me when I experience sleep paralysis.

One morning, while I was in sleep paralysis, I started to hear really beautiful music, unlike anything I'd ever really heard before. I slowly sat up, and realized it wasn't my physical body rising up. I'd read about astral projection, but not in much detail, so I sort of knew what was happening. I made it about halfway up before I fell back and woke up.

I did some more reading on astral projection after this, but I sort of forgot about it for a while until over the summer, I accidentally stumbled into another experience. After waking up from a lucid dream, I remained still until I entered sleep paralysis again when I had the same sort of experience, instead this time, I was able to make it out of my body before I felt a huge rush of energy and fell back into my body, waking up.

Over the next few weeks, I had a few experiences where I "sat up" out of my body. I had three mornings in a row where I experienced different degrees of astral projection. The first time I made it partially out of my body and the second time I made it all the way out and sort of floated for a few seconds before coming back to my body. The third morning was the furthest I've ever made it with astral projection, and I'm not really sure what exactly happened. I made it out of my body, and pulled up higher. At this point, I gained vision, and I saw my bedroom. I sort of lost it after this, and entered into what felt like a dream. I flew around above a fantasy landscape and eventually ended up in a clothing store- at this point it just felt like a non-lucid dream. Was this some form of astral projection, or was it just a dream?

That was about a month ago. Since then, I've only had one experience where I woke up as I was about to rise up from sleep paralysis. I'm in college, so the stress and limited sleep with finals and papers due hasn't allowed for optimal conditions for astral projection. Is what I'm experiencing astral projection? What can I do to get past just lifting up out of my body?

Thanks to anyone who bothered to read through all of this :)
Well first off through astral projection technically speaking we're not "out of body" and the bodies we experience in astral projections never enter or leave our physical body, only our consciousness does. The reason we're not technically "out of body" is because during an astral projection we are in a body, just not our physical body. The bodies we experience through astral projection do not exist in the same dimension as our physical body, our physical body exists in the physical dimension we live in and the bodies we experience through astral projection exist in completely different dimensions. And so it's impossible for a body existing in one dimension to enter or leave a body existing in another dimension. When people experience the feeling of "leaving their body" it is usually a symptom and/or side-effect associated with the processes of astral projection, to be in particular associated with the process of our consciousness shifting out of our physical body and the physical dimension into a completely different body and dimension. When you said "I sat up out of my body" technically speaking you were already in another body and another dimension, so there wasn't a body to sit up out of. You were already in the body you were going to experience in that specific projection.

To be truthful astral projections and lucid dreams are almost the same thing and so it's not very significant if it was considered a projection or dream by most people. Through dreams and projections we experience the same dimensions and bodies, anything we can experience in a projection we can experience in a dream and vice-versa. In the one experience where you gained your vision and saw your room you were likely in a parallel dimension, most parallel dimensions are very similar in appearance to a certain extent. That extent usually starts blurring after you move a few blocks away from what you recognize as your home, but the distortions are usually apparent immediately even while in what appears as your home. When you're having issues lifting "out of your body" you're experiencing what I have termed energetic magnetism, for some reason it's incredibly common for projectors in the beginning but seems to vanish over time. It's unclear to me exactly why it happens sometimes and doesn't happen other times but I am certain that in some cases it is due to a belief that a person must "leave their body" before they are in a projection, and so a inaccurate notion manifests in their experience and their belief is the thing preventing them from experiencing the projection itself. I can confirm that projecting is completely possible without the belief that one must "leave their body" since the only thing ever necessary to have a projection is one's consciousness shifting out of their physical body and the physical dimension into another body and dimension. Anything after that is either a side-effect and/or symptom, a manifestation, or part of experiencing another body and dimension. The best way I have found to defeat energetic magnetism is using what I call "mental thought action" to make yourself levitate away from the magnetic apex and then pivoting onto your feet, usually the magnetic pull will subside after you're on your feet. Moving in a physical sense the same way you move your physical body will usually result in failure in my experience and should only be used as a last resort if nothing else has worked. Mental thought action takes a bit of practice and is when you use your mind and thoughts to create an action, it can be done internally and externally in these dimensions to move other objects and/or move the body you're in.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:51 PM
erinbella42

Thank you, Astral Explorer! That really helped to clarify what I wasn't really sure about with my astral projection experiences. Most of what I've come across on AP (which hasn't been that much) has talked about "leaving the body," but it makes more sense that it's a shift in consciousness to another body and dimension. I'll definitely test out mental thought action. Thanks for the clarification and advice!
Old 18-12-2014, 12:54 AM
KevinO

I don't know much about AP but you might try looking at your physical body. In other words, be wiling to see your body asleep, with you outside. Do not try to leave it, go to a place in the room from where you can see.

Good luck!
Old 18-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Experiencer
I PM'd you!
Old 18-12-2014, 02:50 AM
erinbella42

KevinO, thanks! I'll definitely try it out.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Master
Erin, you know you are at that young age when your Pineal Gland, which is thought to be involved with these things, is still supple and active.

Curious if you give any attention to what you eat, and as well, are aware of what is being said about Flouride in toothpaste, and in public water systems.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Master

I leave my body. I know I do. It feels like I am physically getting out of my body except I am spiritually getting out of myself. It is that real. I have problems determining if it is my physical self or not. It is always spiritually getting out. It is a fantastic feeling. Keep practicing erinbella42 You are doing well. It can take time for it to work well. I was not very good at the beginning but now it is very easy to do.