Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 25-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Greybeard

In mathematics, the single point where the X and Y axes intersect is known as the "origin." It is zero/zero, or Nothing.

All other points in a graph must be defined by two values, X and Y...and to develop a "leading edge" or "forward point" we require construction of a vector, which requires an infinite number of points.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:15 AM
mattie

May Or May Not Be What Happened

This may be fact as we know it now, but this fact can change & does change w/ how much we understand about these issues. Our scientists are learning more & more all the time. The best ones are giving their self the flexibility to adjust their views as new information emerges. There’s allot we are just beginning to understand.

Whether this big bang theory was the beginning of ALL or just the current manifestation of these energies is an open question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
... You are here in a spiritual forum, I assume because things of a spiritual nature interest you. Please put your finger on Spirit. You cannot for one simple reason: it is Nothingness. As a matter of fact, don't the Buddhists say that our journey is toward "Nothingness," that nothingness is our destination?

I can’t put my finger on gravity either, but it is widely accepted that it exists & has various characteristics.

That our nonphysical energies are invisible to most of us doesn’t mean they are nothing. Some has said that what we call nonphysical energies are the norm in the Universe w/ physicality being what is unusual.

I suspect that when we are nonphysical energies that the D we inhabit at that point will be just as real to us as the one of physicality we inhabit now.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Greybeard

In navigation, if you want to know where you are going you must first know where you are. Where you are has a value of zero/zero, and where you are going has either/both positive and negative values in relation to this point of origin.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:17 AM
mattie

Zero

Quote:
0=+1-1......the equation is mathematically correct, valid. Something can and does come from nothing. ...

That +1 and -1 equal 0 is just another way of looking at zero. It doesn't mean something comes from zero.
Zero could also be seen as +967 and -967, & so on ad infinitim, but this imparts no additional meaning to zero.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Greybeard

The brief history of the universe I set forth here is the best picture we have as of 2010. Obviously our understanding of this history will change as new knowledge comes in. However, this history as presented has been built up over the past century (a bit less actually), since Einstein published his General Theory in 1915, followed by the development of the equations by Firedmann in 1922 and the proposal for a "primeval atom" by LeMaitre in 1927 based on the same but independent development of the equations out of the General Theory. Then in 1929 Hubble proved an expanding universe and this revolutionary new cosmology has been confirmed by one set of evidence piled on top of another. The mathematics, the observations, the experiments all confirm the truth of the Big Bang as a very close-fitting description of Creation.

As for my saying that Spirit is nothing, I simply mean it is incorporeal. It most certainly has power and exists, as anyone with eyes can see.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Greybeard

It is not the specific numbers that are used. It is that equal amounts of positive and negative are zero, nothingness. And that is simply a statement that Something can come out of Nothing. There is the math. Don't argue with me, argue with the math.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Greybeard

Again, an observer sees that all things in existence are "bi-polar"....the Earth has a north and a south pole, as an example. All things are of that nature.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Greybeard

For goodness sakes. I simply provided a brief history of the universe as modern science understands it at this moment. And am treated like a heretic.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Master
Quote:
For goodness sakes. I simply provided a brief history of the universe as modern science understands it at this moment. And am treated like a heretic.
What you have shared with us is very interesting, and thank you for sharing, but this is a spiritual forum and naturally there are going to be people here who see it all in a different perspective, than what you do, or what the science believe to be their theories, its called debating, or discussion.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Greybeard

This is the "astronomy" section of this spiritual forum, and is dedicated to "a more scientific viewpoint."

And, yes....you are free to believe the Moon is made of green cheese if it pleases you.