Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 13-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Henri77

Do youths attend spiritual groups-seminars?

I'm posting this in 2 forums for feedback.

I attended another 8hr spiritual seminar yesterday of psychic-healer Gary Spivey,
and as usual the ratio was 65-70% women to 30-35% males.
The age range mostly 22-55 with maybe 3 teens under 20.

Was watching a dvd workshop of drunvalo and observed the same gender ratio,
though skewed towards 30-60 yr old members, possibly due to travel costs incurred by most for a 5 day workshop, and a bias towards theory rather than pure experiental training.

What strikes me is the lack of teens in many similar things, like local meditation groups and inexpensive seminars, that I've visited.

Are teens being overlooked, or are they already beyond need for these things, and already aware-understanding of their potential?

(Gary mentioned a 6 yr old who taught HIM healing tricks he wasn't aware of, and remarked that many 6-10 yr olds could likely do things he couldn't)

thoughts?? are their spiritual-educational needs overlooked?
Should THEY be teaching us and their peers)

Many adults speak about or FOR the gifted kids.. but we hear little from the gifted children directly..... is a resource being overlooked?

Of course children don't typically possess the language -communication skills and confidence required to teach in public, yet I feel we may be overlooking what they CAN share.
Old 18-06-2012, 05:51 AM
ShamanBird

i wish i could find more kids like me :(. im a 17 year old indigo boy and im alone :c. i need a star lover with me<3 haha :)
Old 18-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Imaginary Remote

Well, I rarely hear of such events within my area. Even if there was, it would be awkward for us teens to be there. Or at least, that's what I think.

I have actually talked about things like this to my friends, but the only reaction on them was disbelief, (thinking that my mind went hay-wired,maybe) and had to ask if I was okay. orz
Old 18-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Sybilline

I used to attend church (I turned 22 so not really part of the 'youth' anymore lol)

As for the teens not attending, it varies, it's not that they already know, it's just that some are not interested, and some are attending groups that most people would prefer to call "religious" than spiritual.

In my country, YFC (Youth for Christ) is a very active group, and it's just one of the many active groups in here.

It's like attending History Class, they skip it, is it because they know it all? Nah, they're just being teens. I daresay if you force spirituality on someone not interested, it just won't work.
Old 18-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Master
Hi,

As I see it, the under 18 group is self aware in a conceptually different way. They find that the teachings methods of most elders does not align with them.

There are many wise young members in this forum. When you take the time to really listen to what they express, you will indeed become enlightened.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 18-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Its like everything else in life you get those who are interested in spirituality,and want to learn more,and you have got others for some resons not wanting to be made fun of by their friends, for believing peer preasure comes into it a lot, i used to run a development group with a friend, we couldnt get many young ones to come along,
we had two or three but that was it, but they got fed up because it was taking up their time,out with their mates, there isnt always commitment from them,

Namaste
Old 18-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Master

I would love to go and I've done some research, and there's not much around, especially since I don't have my permit to drive yet (still gotta take the test) so I think that is the major thing with terns my age. We see it, want to go, and since we would have to be around adults our parents get discouraged, while with little kids it's usually lots of little kids and parents attending (I wouldn't mind sitting in on one for little kids either, but honest, you don't get your permit till your practically an adult, then your off to college when that comes around, and you can find what you want to pursue within school by then, so once people graduate, they wish to continue by attending these seminars, if they have transportation so that's why you have that age range attending so many seminars. If I had the transportation, trust me I would be at many of them, and I think.many others would as well (you got those few with the transportation while the rest of us go there in spirit :P)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 18-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanBird
i wish i could find more kids like me :(. im a 17 year old indigo boy and im alone :c. i need a star lover with me<3 haha :)
Awww lol :P but I understand where your coming from :) I'm 17 and have a clear aura, which they haven't even gotten enough info on to call it a type.. but I'm more dragon than human anyhow :) so at least I got my dragon family to lean back on (light years away :P) and you got your guides and guardian, along with your higher self (plus All of us

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

Old 19-06-2012, 12:59 AM
ShamanBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
Awww lol :P but I understand where your coming from :) I'm 17 and have a clear aura, which they haven't even gotten enough info on to call it a type.. but I'm more dragon than human anyhow :) so at least I got my dragon family to lean back on (light years away :P) and you got your guides and guardian, along with your higher self (plus All of us

im some type of bird humanoid in a human body x).
Old 19-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanBird
im some type of bird humanoid in a human body x).
Have you figured out how to escape it yet? :P I tried flying and my wings keep catching :) but I guess that's what happen in these things