Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Master
Just to add to my last comment to you 3dnow ... in my experience of responding to your posts, you have a tendency to keep moving the goal posts :) ..
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Master
Any intervention would be violation of love. Right?

Wrong, 3d. You have put your mental interpretation on what love would and would not do.

We could drive ourselves a little crazy trying to anticipate what someone's response might be and how you would or should resond... but love's wisdom knows what is needed.

In genuinely letting love lead, there's just no telling how you might respond.

Xan

Old 01-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Humm

Yes Xan - Love is being, and allowing being.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Any intervention would be violation of love. Right?

Wrong, 3d. You have put your mental interpretation on what love would and would not do.

We could drive ourselves a little crazy trying to anticipate what someone's response might be and how you would or should resond... but love's wisdom knows what is needed.

In genuinely letting love lead, there's just no telling how you might respond.

Xan

Xan you sound here like the Harvard prof. who never left her room.

We clearly need to learn how to behave in various situations. We do this by letting go fears. It is not a mental interpretation.

3d
Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.B
3dnow, I liked your post :). Thinking through the lense of love shows a very different picture. Many of the replies to you here are thinking with the mind, which sees things very differently. Its a square peg/round hole thing. Not to say that the mind doesnt have its uses, but seeing through the eyes of love brings healing and beauty to the world. Brings the Divine a little closer. The mind is a rationalisaing machine that divides and categorises, it works with reflections of reality, empty form.

When I want to know the truth about something, I shift to the heart, allow love energies to expand and rise, then shift myself into this love. And then I see that consciousness and feelings are the important things - in a way, I dont even see anything else. The mind is still working, to degrees, trying to grasp and understand, but it is underneath love now, working to process what the heart has already seen.

This is reflected in Islamic culture - one reason Muslims touch their head to the ground when they pray, it because this is symbolising that the mind is beneath the heart.

The mind you have to use it to let go non-sense based on fear.

3d
Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Superwoman has probably also got a super sense of humour :) ... and he may not have a heart attack ... it could be life changing in ways he could only have imagined ...

"He may not have a heart attack" is not logical. Here you actually mean "He may have a heart attack" and your love doesn't care about it.

and we are talking about superwoman scenario here which is not very useful. OK I asked you the "what if you were superwoman" question but we found ourselves in a strange situation nothing to do with the OP like a Tarantino movie.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
"He may not have a heart attack" is not logical. Here you actually mean "He may have a heart attack" and your love doesn't care about it.

3D, if we constrain ourselves because we are afraid something might happen then we can never do anything at all. Buying a set of knives could create a situation where someone who is anemic visiting your home cuts themselves and bleeds to death. The world is full of risks. Death is always around the corner.

I hear your concern, 3D, that it seems as of we are not caring for the person's feelings if we are confrontational with them. But if this person is being abusive and not caring about the feelings of others or caring about their environment, how will they ever change or grow?

We often need someone or something outside of us to shake us up and cause us to re-evaluate what we are doing or how we are relating to the world. These "wake-up" events are often traumatic as they have to puncture our world view and belief system. How much growth do we do when we are not being challenged in some way?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
3D, if we constrain ourselves because we are afraid something might happen then we can never do anything at all. Buying a set of knives could create a situation where someone who is anemic visiting your home cuts themselves and bleeds to death. The world is full of risks. Death is always around the corner.

When you see a serial killer. You stop him put in a hospital and teach self-forgiveness.

The rest is your fear.

Quote:
I hear your concern, 3D, that it seems as of we are not caring for the person's feelings if we are confrontational with them. But if this person is being abusive and not caring about the feelings of others or caring about their environment, how will they ever change or grow?

Where does the assumption that bad treatment is good for them comes from?

Quote:
We often need someone or something outside of us to shake us up and cause us to re-evaluate what we are doing or how we are relating to the world. These "wake-up" events are often traumatic as they have to puncture our world view and belief system. How much growth do we do when we are not being challenged in some way?

I see a dictator here.

Last edited by 3dnow : 01-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
When you see a serial killer. You stop him put in a hospital and teach self-forgiveness.

The rest is your fear.

Where does the assumption that bad treatment is good for them comes from?

I see a dictator here.

3D,

It is you who is interpreting intervention as bad treatment. How does being challenged by others turn into dictatorship? We all share space with each other. When one person disrespects that space, it is appropriate to challenge them.

Are you sure that you are not projecting your own fears and personal wounds onto these proposed situations? Are you feeling like there have been significant dictators in your life that have hurt your feelings by telling you how to be?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Master
to me it's much too simple. I don't like people littering the woods.

secondly, I don't even know this cat who's throwing rubbish around so I don't pretend I love him.