Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 15-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Seeker

Night Terrors

I am suffering with night terrors. They are very intense and I scream and walk about (my partner finds it very disturbing!) They are incredibly graphic, similar to what you'd expect from a horror movie. I don't watch anything like that and refuse to even watch intense tv shows. I meditate and read lots of nice books but no matter how much I try to relax they still keep coming!

I am trying to work with crystals but am looking at learning as much as I can about alternative approaches.

Any advice would be gladly accepted!
Old 15-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Master
Is your diet ok?I mean i get some nightmares and bad dreams if i eat heavy before sleep.
If not the issue,maybe something like a ritual herbal bath can help.

If a salt bath doesn't work,try cleansing oils like pine,lavender etc.

Dry bay leaves are also very good for cleansing.Put some of them in a bath,leave it for some hours and dive in.
If your energy body is dirty,you'll feel the difference.

If you want to use oils,i suggest to use a few drops over some water,(otherwise they burn a little) and rub the mixture over your forehead and between the brows.Also the same with your soles...
Old 15-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Seeker

Hi lomax, thank you so much for your response!

My diet is pretty good, I am vegan so I tend to eat quite well. It might be worth having dinner early, so thanks for the idea!

I do love lavender oil on my pillow so I think I will try your suggestion! I will also have more herbal baths. I am quite lazy so rarely bother to fill up the tub instead of the shower.

Sending peace to you!
Old 16-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Do you have some struggle or pressure going on in your daily life? How do you feel emotionally in general? Do you have any unresolved trauma from your past? Dreams are our minds way to process the feelings and emotions we did not resolve the day before but during times of relative peace in our life old issues can pop up looking to get dealt with. Some struggle or deep hurt may be trying to get your attention. If you can confront it the nightmares may subside.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Seeker

Hi Michelle, thanks for your response!

These night terrors have been going on for about 8 months. For travelling I have even had to take sleeping pills because my screaming would definitely frighten people on a plane!

I've been through a lot but things are going well right now, which could mean that your point about them popping up in times of peace could be true.

A lot of the dreams involve travel and the death of my family (usually in gruesome circumstances). Is it possible that these are my two biggest triggers?
I am not known for being good when travelling (I get very stressed and have a holiday booked for the end of the month). As for my family, I have an ill family member who I worry about a lot.

It makes sense that these are two things I might not have 'dealt' with properly.

Thanks so much!
Old 16-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
That is good insight. It took me well into adulthood to recognize my travel anxiety. Awareness is the first necessary step. From here I would explore why traveling makes you fearful. What are you afraid of? As well explore what it would mean to you to lose your family. Do you fear abandonment? Did you have a parent who was absent or lost someone close early in life? The ill family member can definitely trigger a fear of loss and abandonment. But in general just try to get curious about the things in life that scare and worry you. The idea isn't to just overcome our fear but understand the root of them and shift unhelpful perspectives and perceptions. It takes time and things may go slow for you considering the fear is so great for you but just try to allow yourself to be curious and you might find your way to healing.
Old 16-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Seeker

Hi,

Thanks again for your response!

I have mild autism and OCD which involves me being very obsessed with time. So with travel I get obsessive about when to leave and arrive. It really stresses me out. I have been like this since I was a little girl so it isn't anything new for me, but as someone who does love to visit new places, it is a big burden.

I had a rough childhood and was treated poorly by my parents. This seems to really affect my relationships, i.e. I am insecure and co-dependent. It's something I've been working on for the last year through meditation.

You've given me so much to think about!