Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
You definitely went out of body. From what I've learned, there are several astral planes. The earth plane being the closest and that also explains your experience of seeing your friend. The higher the plane, the more beautiful and clear the experience is.

It's addictive isn't it? Lol

Yes it is kind of addictive! haha. Since I've been more aware of it I've been able to decipher between whether it's just a dream or a traveling experience. It's a different feeling - During ap i'm not necessarily in control but my spirit is, and when I wake up I KNOW that I traveled.

Now I know why, when I was at an energy summit in Iowa several years ago, after I was done meditating under a copper pyramid my friend who was more like a teaher asked me if I went anywhere... and I was like... no I was under the pyramid the whole time lol.
But she saw something in me I didn't.
AP is what she was talking about.

She could see the gifts in everyone there, it's beautiful.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
READINESS ~ it occurs when One is ready ~
i tried for a brief time around 18 ...... never succeeded ~
around 38 it started to happen spontaniously after a brush with death~
It comes as needed now ~

I apologize, I just saw your comment. I agree that it occurs when we are ready, but have also read many accounts where the individual was truly frightened and subsequently turned off by the idea after it occurred.

That's interesting that your experience happened after a brush with death. How long after that did you project? I'm curious if it was immediately after or months, years....?
Old 04-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by CcolTonS7
Yes it is kind of addictive! haha. Since I've been more aware of it I've been able to decipher between whether it's just a dream or a traveling experience. It's a different feeling - During ap i'm not necessarily in control but my spirit is, and when I wake up I KNOW that I traveled.

Now I know why, when I was at an energy summit in Iowa several years ago, after I was done meditating under a copper pyramid my friend who was more like a teaher asked me if I went anywhere... and I was like... no I was under the pyramid the whole time lol.
But she saw something in me I didn't.
AP is what she was talking about.

She could see the gifts in everyone there, it's beautiful.

I'm sorry, I missed your comment.

I also agree that our spirit or soul is in control. I seem to have very clear experiences when my higher self 'wants or needs' me too. It's strange isn't it?

Your friend/teacher sounds great! Very validating for you. It's funny, whenever I take a nap (which is when I'm able to attempt AP), my boyfriend asks me if I 'went anywhere' after waking up.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Experiencer

When I was a teenager it happened spontaneously sometimes that I found myself outside of my body looking at myself or at the room around me. I didn't know what it was that I was experiencing and never thought about it much. I found it quite "normal" at the time. Then it stopped happening.

It occurred again, but only once, during a dance meditation many years later where I found myself rising above my body and eventually filling out the whole hall. It was a magnificent feeling, very joyful.

Nowadays, sometimes when I fall asleep I watch my body falling asleep, but I have not attempted to take it any further. For some reason I'm a bit scared of intentionally leaving my body.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
When I was a teenager it happened spontaneously sometimes that I found myself outside of my body looking at myself or at the room around me. I didn't know what it was that I was experiencing and never thought about it much. I found it quite "normal" at the time. Then it stopped happening.

It occurred again, but only once, during a dance meditation many years later where I found myself rising above my body and eventually filling out the whole hall. It was a magnificent feeling, very joyful.

Nowadays, sometimes when I fall asleep I watch my body falling asleep, but I have not attempted to take it any further. For some reason I'm a bit scared of intentionally leaving my body.

It's amazing to read accounts from others who have experienced spontaneous projection. I've heard from others like yourself who also experienced AP for the first time as a teenager. In fact, I recently found out my stepmother did too. It's interesting that the majority of the accounts found themselves floating, looking down at themselves in bed. When I experienced it the first few times, I literally shot out of my body, as if I was a canon ball.

The occurrence with the dance meditation sounds beautiful. That's how AP should be. I hate to give unsolicited advice, but I can't help it, especially if someone can learn from it, end the fear and enjoy AP. So with that being said: Do not let fear be your guide while projecting. It's all about your mindset while attempting (or unintentional) AP. Expect to have a beautiful experience and it will happen. Imagine yourself surrounded by a white light and pray (if you're comfortable doing so) for protection. I don't mean protection from any ghoulies, it just helps with the fear factor.

My apologies in advance for the advice if not wanted.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Experiencer

No need to apologize! I'm grateful for your advice and will keep it in mind.

I think the few times I was out of my body it all went well because I was not expecting it, nor intending it, it just happened. So there was no fear because my mind never was a part of the whole thing.

As a teenager it was emotionally a very neutral experience, kind of like "oh look there's me doing the dishes" (or whatever I was doing). During the dance meditation I became the music and filled out the whole hall and it was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever had in my life.

I remembered today that I also sometimes have the experience of flying in dreams. I always thought it was just a dream although the intensity of it and the exhilerating feeling seemed to be much more than in ordinary dreams. I believe now that I was probably projecting then, again without intending it or realizing it when waking up.

Ah, it is really a great feeling isn't it?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Master
I have only astral projected once and it was while I was still fully conscious. So maybe that means it wasn't an astral projection.

There was a strong experience that happened right before it. For various reasons I was at the end of my rope and had decided to take my life. I couldn't do it so I decided I would sacrifice myself, I would work myself to an early death and be happy that I never hurt anyone with my self-destruction.

About 10-15 seconds after decided to sacrifice myself for the greater good of all humanity (for no reward, my only reward was to be death) the hand of something... i want to say the hand of God... grabbed me by the chest and pulled my energy body from my physical body. I still had control over my body, or awareness is more like it because my physical body was on auto pilot. but most of my consciousness was in my energy/astral body.

I had a few visions after that. Being in a desert and a wall of flame came rushing past me. as it touched me an inner aura that was hotter than the flames protected me. the next vision was seeing a multi dimensional orb of light that had energy flowing out of it and flowing back into it. I could feel immense energy coming off it, and an intuition to not touch it, but I couldn't resist touching it. When I touched it I felt the worst kinds of toxicity and poison, which felt like a euphoria that i couldnt handle. Euphoria followed by overload. then I went back into my body and began to feel immense euphoria for weeks after that.

not 40 days of constant euphoria, but pretty much. like 20-23 hours of my day was euphoric.

btw. if anybody can tell me the difference between astral projection and what I experienced I would be happy. I never talk about this experience much.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
No need to apologize! I'm grateful for your advice and will keep it in mind.

I think the few times I was out of my body it all went well because I was not expecting it, nor intending it, it just happened. So there was no fear because my mind never was a part of the whole thing.

As a teenager it was emotionally a very neutral experience, kind of like "oh look there's me doing the dishes" (or whatever I was doing). During the dance meditation I became the music and filled out the whole hall and it was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever had in my life.

I remembered today that I also sometimes have the experience of flying in dreams. I always thought it was just a dream although the intensity of it and the exhilerating feeling seemed to be much more than in ordinary dreams. I believe now that I was probably projecting then, again without intending it or realizing it when waking up.

Ah, it is really a great feeling isn't it?

"It went well because I wasn't expecting it or intending to do it"... Exactly! You have a handle on this. Go into it with a positive mindset and you'll be fine.

The flying in dreams... Yes, it is thought that flying 'dreams' are actually AP without proper control or sometimes limited recall. I (and many others) believe so anyway.

It is an absolute wonderful feeling, difficult to put into words
Old 05-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I have only astral projected once and it was while I was still fully conscious. So maybe that means it wasn't an astral projection.

There was a strong experience that happened right before it. For various reasons I was at the end of my rope and had decided to take my life. I couldn't do it so I decided I would sacrifice myself, I would work myself to an early death and be happy that I never hurt anyone with my self-destruction.

About 10-15 seconds after decided to sacrifice myself for the greater good of all humanity (for no reward, my only reward was to be death) the hand of something... i want to say the hand of God... grabbed me by the chest and pulled my energy body from my physical body. I still had control over my body, or awareness is more like it because my physical body was on auto pilot. but most of my consciousness was in my energy/astral body.

I had a few visions after that. Being in a desert and a wall of flame came rushing past me. as it touched me an inner aura that was hotter than the flames protected me. the next vision was seeing a multi dimensional orb of light that had energy flowing out of it and flowing back into it. I could feel immense energy coming off it, and an intuition to not touch it, but I couldn't resist touching it. When I touched it I felt the worst kinds of toxicity and poison, which felt like a euphoria that i couldnt handle. Euphoria followed by overload. then I went back into my body and began to feel immense euphoria for weeks after that.

not 40 days of constant euphoria, but pretty much. like 20-23 hours of my day was euphoric.

btw. if anybody can tell me the difference between astral projection and what I experienced I would be happy. I never talk about this experience much.

You can astral project while conscious, it can happen with intention or spontaneously. I project consciously which means I do it with intention. The experience you described of having your energy body pulled from your physical sounds like astral projection. I'm glad you changed your mind and that someone or something stepped in to stop you.

The visions you had... It could (and does sound like AP) have been AP. What were you doing just prior to this happening?
Old 05-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
"It went well because I wasn't expecting it or intending to do it"... Exactly! You have a handle on this. Go into it with a positive mindset and you'll be fine.

The flying in dreams... Yes, it is thought that flying 'dreams' are actually AP without proper control or sometimes limited recall. I (and many others) believe so anyway.

It is an absolute wonderful feeling, difficult to put into words

Yes very difficult to describe. A very deep joy and lightness, happiness ...

I must say I totally envy people who can do this at will, like you.

I remember in one flying dream I remembered the previous flying dream and wanted to fly again. Someone told me, you just have to jump up and then start spreading your arms and fly! I tried it and it worked. In the next dream I tried it again and it didn't work

Maybe I try again tonight.