Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Master
Question Synchronicity, Manifestation &/or Totem??

Greetings to All!

I'm trying to figure out something about what I experienced over the past 2 days.

The day before yesterday my son wanted to watch the Purina All Stars cute animal videos.. One that he chose was of a Fox ... It was licking a window - very cute of course... It was so adorable and I was pretty much transfixed watching this creature and noticing how beautiful it was.

Well, the day after -yesterday- I picked up the mail & in it was the kids National Geographic magazine with guess what on the cover? You guessed it, a Fox.

Of course it struck me as an interesting coincidence but unless it takes my breath away (a sure way for me to distinguish something meaningful from not), I will just file it away in my mental Rolodex in case something else pops up.

I didn't focus on the fox at all since then... I had a LOT going on around the house with things to do, we had a long trip to the park for a picnic, popped in a movie for the kids and took a short bath.

I was excited to start meditating again -- something I'd been meaning to do & hadn't gotten around to it yet --- and felt prompted to do so immediately after bathing.

My meditation was only about 35 minutes but it was comfortable, felt very very peaceful like I didn't want it to end and after the 1st few minutes all the mind chatter was gone.

Then (and this is kind of funny considering this is SpiritualForums) the name Annonafox (my apologies Annonafox for mentioning you specifically) popped into my head! When I say it came out of NO WHERE, I mean it!! I hadn't seen a post by this member recently, hadn't been thinking of her, wasn't thinking about the forum - nothing!

Ok, I just kind of thought that must have been a odd 'mind chatter' thing that came into my mind, but considering the other 2 references to a Fox, I couldn't help but think there had to be some kind of connection.

Well, I just got done meditating and I used a CD that hooks up to our computer.

After closing out the CD, I saw a link on Yahoo that read "Fido Wasn't Always Man's Best Friend"... I felt prompted (or maybe just interested) to click on the link and here is the title of the article:

Prehistoric Cemetery Reveals Man and Fox Were Pals

Um... Wow?!

Now my question!

What do you think about what I experienced??

Would you say that I just Manifested FOX references because I saw how cute that video was (even if I didn't dwell on it at all since I looked at it) and there is no connection to anything meaningful?

Or, would you say it is a Synchronicity that holds a
general message for me like my Angel Numbers, where it is just to show me that there is something more to life than what is seen?

Or, could this be a Totem that is offering it's medicine or a specific message for me?

If you have an intuitive feeling or a thought on this, I would appreciate your feedback.

My feelings & past experience tells me it's SOMETHING, but what kind of something, I don't know.

Thank you kindly for reading.....

Blessings to you all...

Cam/EarthMamma

Last edited by Ravens_Light : 06-02-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Master
Anyone?

Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 AM
SoaringSpirit

I think its a combination of Synchronicity and a totem. Synchronicity is often how our guides get their messages accross but I think this is a totem that has come into your life because you need what Fox has to offer. Google Fox and find out what gifts he carries :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Master
Many thanks for the thoughtful response, SoaringSpirit! I will do just that.. :)

Blessings to you!

Cam/EarthMamma
Old 07-02-2011, 05:00 AM
SoaringSpirit

Anytime EarthMamma :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Mothwing

I think the Fox is bringing you a message of some kind. If it was a totem, I think you would have felt a much stronger, instant connection.

Below is from Avia Venefica's whats-your-sign.com (fantastic resource!):

Thoughts on Fox Meanings, Fox Totems and Animal Symbolism Related to the Fox

In China, fox animal symbolism revolved around the afterlife. Lore has it that a fox sighting was thought to be a signal from the spirits of the deceased.

Fox animal symbolism takes a turn of intelligence in the Celtic realm, as the Celts believed the fox to be a guide, and was honored for its wisdom. The Celts understood the fox knows the woods intimately, and they would rely upon the fox as their guide in the spirit world.

In Japan, the fox was considered one of the rain spirits, and a messenger of Inari the rice god. Here the fox also symbolizes longevity and protection from evil.

In Native American lore, fox animal symbolism deals with two interpretations. One perspective (Northern tribes) observes the fox as a wise and noble messenger. The other (Plains tribes) views the fox as a trickster playing pranks, or worse - luring one to demise.

Overwhelmingly, cultural consensus on fox animal symbolism deals with:

cunning
strategy
quick-thinking
adaptability
cleverness
wisdom

It is noteworthy to observe the fox while it is on the hunt. We see its entire body is pointed like an arrow - straight and tightly aimed. This is a symbolic message for us to set a determined, and powerfully focused mindset in order to "hit the target" of our desires.

The red in the fox is representative of a solar emblem. As a solar emblem the fox animal symbolism deals with:

passion
desire
intensity
expression

The fox encourages us to think outside of the box and use our intelligence in different, creative ways. The fox also brings us a message to try to approach our circumstances differently that we normally would. Be aware of some of our habits, and try a different angle of action.

The fox also a reminder that we must utilize all of our resources (seen and unseen) in order to accomplish our goals. Sometimes this means calling upon some unorthodox methods.

Furthermore, the fox is a sign to be mindful of our surroundings.

Phenomenally effective shapeshifters and incredibly adaptable, the fox beckons us to not make too many waves but rather, adapt to our surroundings, blend into it, and use our surroundings (and circumstances) to our advantage.

Other generalized fox symbolic meanings deal with

focus
determination
right-action

It should be obvious from this summary that fox animal symbolism goes far beyond what we may see on the surface. On the contrary, the fox has an incredible amount of knowledge and wisdom to share with us if/when we are willing to be still for the teachings.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Master
Wow, Mothwing.. Thank you!

I appreciate all the info you included for me and for your thoughts on my experience...

I'm still not completely clear, but I am starting to feel that Fox's message for me may be in particular the part about working with my surroundings & observing others..

I'm currently in an environment that at least initially was very uncomfortable for me and with a change of attitude and a more detached perspective, I have been able to find a great measure of peace..

Perhaps Fox is letting me know they have been around to help, or has been the one to lend me medicine in this area of my life.

If I'm missing the specific message, I have faith that it will become more clear in time exactly what has occurred and what meaning it has for me/my life.

Thanks again..... I'll be sure to check out that site -- I very much appreciate the link..

Blessings to you!

Cam/EarthMamma