Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 21-11-2018, 11:13 PM
irisa

Dolphin emerging through pavement

Hi,

looking for some thoughts to this dream i had:

I am walking on a field. It feels like it's situated on the other side of the road where my deceased grandparents lived. It is in the middle of the night. Clear black sky and a shiny moon. I am walking on grass, which is fresh and very green. There's two little lakes and the moonlight is reflected beautifully in them. It all looks and feels very serene.
Then i see my brother. He loves fishing and he invites me sort of to take a look around in this beautiful area.
Then all of a sudden there's some action going on. Someone (don't see anyone) is fishing and it seems that he's got a fish biting. It's a big one. All of a sudden part of the grass is pavement and looks like sort of an outside market. The pavement starts to move...tiles coming up. It's clear that it is a big and strong fish...the way it moves from the water to under the tiles trying to make his way up. Then the fish emerges above the pavement. It's a dolphin. I then am closer. The man that caught it is trying to help the dolphin...it is entangled in a net and the man gets a knife and cuts the net open to free the dolphin. In doing so he hits the flesh of the dolphin but i know it doesn't hurt. Most important is that the dolphin is free now.
Old 22-11-2018, 12:33 AM
Experiencer

Sounds like a birth through a caesarean section. Is there anyone about to give birth in your family? I'm not too good at interpreting dreams, so, others might be able to tell you more or better.
Old 24-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
What do you think of when you think of dolphins? They can be said to be playful, intelligent and even spiritual type beings? Whatever they symbolize to you is something you may need to search for in your life. You have a fairly happy content life but the aspect of the dolphin is trapped under your foundation. The dolphin is potential for greater things but needs to first be set free. Possibly you have a content life but don't fully let go and allow yourself to be fully playful and live with abandon or maybe you have done latent spiritual talents you need to allow a voice. Possibly some family message has you treating life from a more serious as opposed to playful perspective or they shied away from spiritual things. If it isn't clear what the dolphin represents I would ask for further clarification and see what comes to you. Your life may be pretty good but it can be even better if you can free your inner dolphin, and what it represents for you.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
The field across from your grandparents house represents the past. The moon light reflecting in the lakes are memories. Idealized memories. The way your brother wants to show you around could represent you feeling like their memories of the past are more pleasant than you recall. The reason i say this is because there is a memory that you have avoided. This is the dolphin. It had been paved over. The way you react to the dolphin being cut shows you are ready to release it. If there is pain you know as least it has surfaced. I'm still trying to figure out why the market arose with the dolphin. Either it is part of the memory being paved over or it is part of what you fear could be destroyed when it surfaces.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Deactivated Account
I wanted to add a couple things if I may. I was going over the figure that was fishing. I was curious if he could have been a father figure or another energy brought into the dream. Being that he was unseen most likely represents it's a part of your subconscious working towards the goal. The two lakes represent two sets of memories. When you're think about them does one lake feel heavier or different in any way? I would explore the emotion you get from th market. I have a technique that I use. Just as one can scrub through video, back and forth you can do this with emotion. Slowing down at the peak of it. Sometimes stopping until it meaning is revealed.
Old 14-12-2018, 09:31 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson
The field across from your grandparents house represents the past. The moon light reflecting in the lakes are memories. Idealized memories. The way your brother wants to show you around could represent you feeling like their memories of the past are more pleasant than you recall. The reason i say this is because there is a memory that you have avoided. This is the dolphin. It had been paved over. The way you react to the dolphin being cut shows you are ready to release it. If there is pain you know as least it has surfaced. I'm still trying to figure out why the market arose with the dolphin. Either it is part of the memory being paved over or it is part of what you fear could be destroyed when it surfaces.

This one is pretty good take on it. I imagined something along those lines as well.

A field, grandparents, brother (safe guide? someone to help you fish around for memories?) all seem to indicate exploring your past, fishing for something underneath the surface that you cannot now see since the light (your light?) is reflecting off the surface. Yet this thing (memory or some aspect of yourself) is obviously something you want to break out but it is trapped beneath the surface, which becomes tile/pavement indicating a barrier that is hard to breakthrough. The fact that its a dolphin makes me think it is a part of you that you like (find beautiful?) and want to bring up and out and set free, even if it means getting hurt in the process. The fisherman cutting the net would seem to indicate you feel the need for some help in getting it up and setting it free. That market thing is a bit of a stumper... maybe you realize you stand to profit/gain/enrich your life in some way if you can free this aspect of yourself (bring this part of you to the market of life?). Yet something in your past is getting in the way.

Sounds like you may be going through some personal growth and self discovery (re-discovery?), tempered by some fears or blockages established in the past. Let us know if you figure it out, would be curious to see the metaphors connected up.
Good luck.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi,

looking for some thoughts to this dream i had:

I am walking on a field. It feels like it's situated on the other side of the road where my deceased grandparents lived. It is in the middle of the night. Clear black sky and a shiny moon. I am walking on grass, which is fresh and very green. There's two little lakes and the moonlight is reflected beautifully in them. It all looks and feels very serene.
Then i see my brother. He loves fishing and he invites me sort of to take a look around in this beautiful area.
Then all of a sudden there's some action going on. Someone (don't see anyone) is fishing and it seems that he's got a fish biting. It's a big one. All of a sudden part of the grass is pavement and looks like sort of an outside market. The pavement starts to move...tiles coming up. It's clear that it is a big and strong fish...the way it moves from the water to under the tiles trying to make his way up. Then the fish emerges above the pavement. It's a dolphin. I then am closer. The man that caught it is trying to help the dolphin...it is entangled in a net and the man gets a knife and cuts the net open to free the dolphin. In doing so he hits the flesh of the dolphin but i know it doesn't hurt. Most important is that the dolphin is free now.

My take on it is a possibility, it relates to fishing as in the "fish" in Christianity. It's a graveyard with your dead grandparents, which maybe regarding their faith. A fish bites, but it is not what we were expecting. It is a dolphin, representing a more balanced spiritual practice.
Old 17-12-2018, 08:44 PM
irisa

Thanks already for all your thoughts!

I will answer, but in a while.
It feels like i'm right in the process of what the dream probably is about..