Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Suspended

Question Afterlife

The afterlife (also referred to as life after death) is the belief that the essential part of an individual's identity or the stream of consciousness continues after the death of the physical body. According to various ideas about the afterlife, the essential aspect of the individual that lives on after death may be some partial element, or the entire soul or spirit, of an individual, which carries with it and may confer personal identity or, on the contrary, may not, as in Indian nirvana. Belief in an afterlife is in contrast to the belief in oblivion after death.
Old 24-10-2019, 04:02 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Afterlife

I do believe in life after death.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Is it true you see a bright light before you die?
Old 28-10-2019, 05:09 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaddox

Many people who have had a NDE say that,yes.Then again a NDE is not actually dying.Some people say that as you die,you go through a mist,but I would say that it is highly likely that you'd see a bright light and be drawn to it.
Old 28-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Master

Some say that the Light which appears after leaving the physical body is the Light of the Soul. Even if there has been little or no Soul contact during the physical lifetime, the moment of death is of sufficient importance that the attention of the Soul is directed towards the physical personality. The Light of the Soul is apparently so glorious that people may mistake it for being in the presence of God, not realising that they are actually seeing their own true nature.

Peace.
Old 29-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaddox

During regressions I experienced death several times. It felt like waking up from a dream. I haven't seen any bright light, just being sucked into a misty fog like.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walid Birou
Belief in an afterlife is in contrast to the belief in oblivion after death.

Human beings generally have a narrow definition about life. Scientists say that there may be life on Mars because they have found water on Mars, but what they are referring to is microbial life. Life exists in many forms although when people talk about life after human death they most often are talking about and existence similar to what human beings have here on Earth.

Our energy, or consciousness, will continue to exist whether we recognize ourselves or not. Oblivion just may be us not recognizing ourselves. We may not be self aware or have the ability to reflect on ourselves. We can learn a lot about the after human death experience by examining what happens when we lay our physical body down to sleep. Something which the majority of people do at least one third of their human existence.

Science says that most people only dream about 20% to 30% of the period which they sleep. That person is still there sleeping but they are not dreaming; dreaming is usually called “REM sleep.” Most people do this twenty to thirty percent of the time period that they are asleep. In REM sleep we do not rest, rather we are very actively involved in dreaming.

I accept that some dreams are but thought forms in our head while others may truly be and out of body, or travel into another dimension, type experience. But most of the time that our body sleeps, 70% to 80% of the time we sleep, we exist in silence, without dreaming. Of course there are people who toss and turn all night bouncing from one dream to another, or having a nightmare.

When a person dies human beings often tell them to “rest in peace,” what does that saying actually mean? If we get a good nights sleep our body and mind rests in peace; true peace is associated with utter silence. Like we experience in quiet meditation. Silence heals us, whether that silence be in meditation or in getting a good nights rest.

Have you ever stayed awake in your dreams while your body was sleeping? Have you ever remained conscious while your body was sleeping and you were not dreaming? When we talk about “life after human death” we are often talking about remaining self aware, or conscious, after human death. Oblivion just may be a state of dreamless sleep with no self awareness.

I believe that a person's experience after human death will be as unique as they are, as unique as that person has conditioned their consciousness while they were here on Earth. We all do not have the same dreams nor does everyone see life here on Earth in the same way. We have all conditioned ourselves with various perspectives, religious or otherwise, and do those perspectives change after we drop our human body?

For me, as long as there is a story involved it is a dream state, even if we think we are wide awake in that story. But this is just my perspective.