Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Starr

Then why do people remember past lives? Why not remember future lives just as easily?
Old 31-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr
Then why do people remember past lives? Why not remember future lives just as easily?
A darn good question.

As my 'other' incarnations are typically not in the same universe as each other, I can't answer that. I do know that I am equally able access more and less 'advanced' lifeforms that I have incarnated as. 'Advanced' being measured in all ways that I can think of.

The only clue I have is that people typically get into looking at other incarnations of self as a way to explain why their life is as it is. They perceive that stuff from 'before' is influencing their life now. As such they go 'back' to see what it might be.

OK, all you frequent flyers, try going forward next time and report back to us ... see what you are doing now that your future self has to deal with.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Knower

You might be able to go back and re-experience a life in the past, but would you realise that was what you were doing? You may be doing that right now and not realise it, until you one day 'wake up' and find yourself back in the future again
Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Pamuya

Quote:
Wow, I love this.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:

I would guess it lies in the theory that the future is not set in stone. So a future life is not fully written and would only be a possibility. Making it harder to see. However, I do believe there are some that have glimpsed future lives.. But, can that really be said one is viewing a future life and not just an alternative life in a parallel universe? However are they glimpsing a future life, or just the future of their current life. Where things are happening based on how they are living in the current moment.

I would say that past lives are easier to access for some, if they are indeed accessing them, because they have already happened. And as such they exist on some level within the consciousness of the individual. Much in the same way that we can access memories of times of the past within our current life.
Old 14-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Pathfinder
I think you can if all time is happening at once. it actually makes more sense to me for it to be possible instead of impossible. I mean then there is talk of parallel realities so where does that fit in? I think there are just an infinite number of different dimensions/realities and we can just pick and choose what kind of experiences we want. that's what I think. people say "From my understanding", or "From what I've read". guess what? anyone could write a book and say anything they want in it. doesn't mean it's true. and truthfully no one will really know for sure until they die I suppose. doesn't mean i'm right about what I think either.
Old 14-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ascent
I think you can if all time is happening at once. it actually makes more sense to me for it to be possible instead of impossible. I mean then there is talk of parallel realities so where does that fit in? I think there are just an infinite number of different dimensions/realities and we can just pick and choose what kind of experiences we want.
Parallel realities are all the same incarnation. Essentially, playing out all the possibilities given the same starting point. Its the same lifetime. A kind of shotgun approach to experience all the angles at the same 'time'.

With parallel realities, we don't get to pick and choose, we make all the choices each leading to a different branch in the parallel reality.
Old 14-12-2013, 05:55 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlus
Lets say I was born 2010.

Can I reincarnate in 1500, for example? I heard that time doesn't exist actually, that everything is one, so can I live in the past in my next life or just in the future?

What do you think?

"Be careful what you wish for", people sometimes gets it but not quite in a way that they had in mind.

But seriously, I think what makes more sense in reincarnation is simply looking back at your former life
because it would have already happened if the reincarnation you are talking about is set in the past.
And some people who already have the active gift, may also see some of the future and future life through what some of us call as Akashic records.
It's just a matter of finding your Higher Self.

If interested, have a look at the 1-2 paragraph of http://www.earthscape.net/soul_oversoul.htm
Old 16-12-2013, 05:03 AM
Seeker
Absolutely not! :)
Old 21-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Experiencer

As the Earth plane is purposely operated by a linear time structure, you can't reincarnate into the past. You will be aware of your past lives once in spirit world though.