Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Knower

How powerful are Black Obsidians?

Did it stimulates and affects your chakras and meridians? coz I've heared that this stone have very strong aggressive energy that this is not suited for beginners. And it needs to be cleansed daily coz it absorbs negative energy like a sponge.

What's your thoughts on this? How powerful and magickal it is?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Master
It's not aggressive, it just tends to mirror things you do not wish to see. When you're ready for that, it can be very helpful. When you're not ready for that, it can be scary. This is the reason why ppl say that it's "aggressive" etc.
It's not, but you got to be ready for it.

I got an elongated alien skull in a few years back, black obsidian. So a type of skull that looks none to friendly, haha.
No problem whatsoever even though I wasn't exactly empowered at the time. It was shortly after I split up, left an abusive relationship. The skull helped me, protected me, helped my 3rd chakra to stabilize and get stronger.
I was a bit awkward about it when I bought it, having had no experience with black obsidian whatsoever till that point. But the skull slept with me in bed the very first night.
THat's a few years ago, right now it sits on my night table again and I held it against my 3rd chakra whilst sleeping last week. Amazing how you never roll over a skull and end up hurting yourself.

So ... if you're drawn to it, just go for it. If it is too strong, you can build it up, have it around you for a few hours, then put it away.
When in doubt, go for snowflake obsidian or rainbow obsidian. Does the same thing, but it's a lot gentler.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:10 AM
Knower
I have been using obsidian for about a year and half now and love it. It is a very grounding stone. I do agree that it can bring up old emotional issues of yours that you need to solve. For example, these past couple weeks, this lady who I had a grudge on for many years in my life was suddenly reappearing in my life. I still had a lot of anger and resentment against her, however I could forget about it for most of the day and just put it in the back of my mind. However, whenever I meditated with my obsidian crystal, all of a sudden those feelings came on very strong and I got even angrier and all my suppressed feelings came to the surface with even more emotion. At first it was hard to solve this, but once I finally forgave her, I never got those angry feelings about that lady while meditating with my obsidian and it helped me to realize an issue of mine and solve it. So I think if you are worried, just try obsidian for a couple months and see if you like it. If you do not like it, perhaps you can try snowflake obsidian, apache tears, or black tourmaline.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Knower

This is what I don't like, of bringing up old emotional issues coz I think I'm not that strong enough to face them ...again. Maybe, more better if they just gone for good like bubbles in the air, pop up and disappears into nothing. So that we move up for new beginnings.

I think I have to look for some kind of crystals/stones that just melts away those old negative things whether emotional physical etc..in our self, so that we may not have to undergo of "recalling" those unnecessary unpleasant memories in our life.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Master
It won't stir up thing that wouldn't need to be stirred up. Plus, if you'd dealt with it already, there'd be nothing to stir up, so nothing to fear either. The fact that you seem reluctant to face old things, suggests you have not worked through them. Impact issues won't disappear into nothing just like that, you will have to face them, embrace them, accept them etc. etc. Or not. A choice you can make.
It's not like obsidian will bring back issues you've dealt with to make you go through them all again. If you've dealt with something, it's gone, there'll be nothing to bring back.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Seeker

Actually, my first stone was a black obsidian. I had cleansed it and I usually have it with me since then. During the first week with it, I accidentally put it on my heart one night as I slept, and I had a horrible nightmare where I had to face my fears from the past, but then it didn't happen again afterwards. Recently, there was a night when I was about to close my eyes to sleep, but something blurry, kind of see-through and dark grayish approached me. I was too tired and sleepy so I just reached over a little and held my obsidian (it was close by, and I didn't need to get up) and I saw the gray thing back away and disappear. Might have been half-dreaaming, but I am sure I wasn't asleep yet. I think it protected me.

Don't worry too much about the things some people say about beginners, I suppose...because you can just put the stone away if you feel like you can't handle it , and use it later, when you feel ready. Cleanse it first, of course. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Master
Agree with Snowflake. And again, if you are not drawn to a stone / crystal, don't buy it. Buying based on descriptions is buying from the head and won't do you any good, whether it's a 'strong' stone or a gentle rose quartz. Try to feel what you need, open your heart. If you feel drawn to a crystal, you likely need it even when the description doesn't seem to make sense.
Trust your gut, not your head and what you read/hear.
I sometimes get the impression that people want to buy stones / crystal that are allegedly strong, hoping and expecting they will sort their problems. It doesn't work that way.

And there's no knowing which stone is too strong for you, unless you intuit and feel. I for one had a problem with amethyst for years on end. Everyone raving about it, it being a gentle stone, suitable for everyone etc. etc. Yet it didn't agree with me till about two years ago.
As it turned out amethyst can sometimes not compute with very active people, as it is too calming for them. So it doesn't agree with them. I am a very active person, and I don't like overly calming things, as it just doesn't match my personality. So quite obvious why amethyst didn't work for me.
By which I mean: it SHOULD agree with everyone, but it doesn't. Just buy what you're drawn to.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Seeker

*High five to FairyCrystal for always having great answers.
Do actually try to be conscious of how you feel and pick through your intuition. For that black obsidian I talked about, I was going through a tough time back then and I just came across it by chance, but I immediately felt a liking to it and it has helped me by just being around ever since. If you feel that it's scary to face your fears, feel free to combine it with other crystals, like rose quartz, amethyst, blue lace agate or whatever feels gentle to you so that they work together to make the ride to changes less rough. Trust yourself and how you feel. :)
Old 05-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Master
Thank you, Snowflk
I'm waiting for my black obsidian raven skull to arrive :) Can't wait to see what he'll bring me! I think he's going to have quite an impact on me.

BTW Apache tear is also a gentler form of obsidian. I quite like that too! It's strong but feels gentle, like a warm embrace.