Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 05:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Your post does not relate to mine, David. I am not a materialist. I only point out that evolution nullifies the question ''what is the meaning of life?''

There is always meaning in an individual human life, and to society at large, but there's no true objective meaning to life as all organisms are only able to adapt to specific circumstances. One supervolcano eruption or a massive meteor hitting the planet can change everything, and these things are random.

The Hindu beliefs about species are false. It's like telling my dog ''Don't worry my friend, you were a bacteria yesterday but next time you'll be reborn as human in a Brahmin caste and then you can prance around like a sanctimonious preacher, believe in reincarnation, sprout some mantras and repeat some guru's, live as a vegan and you'll become enlightened, if you happen to spend thousands of hours into 'sadhana'. ''

It's nothing but human projection upon other organisms and that's wrong and wicked. I am the only person on this entire forum, over the course of two years and across many threads, that calls them out on it. Everyone else here just parrots the same beliefs but don't actually look into samsara.

You say that you have spent the past two years calling us out on our beliefs. Really you have just been repeating your own beliefs.

If the above comment on Hinduism was at all serious, then your understanding of Indian philosophy is simplistic to the point of being non-existent.

Peace
Old 08-07-2020, 06:16 AM
Master

Just read this an hour ago.

It's from Steven Pinker's book 'Enlightenment Now' .

'But an expansive cafeteria of opportunities to enjoy the aesthetic, intellectual, social, cultural, and natural delights of the world, regardless of which ones people put on their trays, is the ultimate form of progress'.

At the moment this fits in well for me with my personal changing view of life. That tight corset of 'rules' implied in the thing we call 'karma' is loosening.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
My 'point', among other things, was to the fact (in my view it is a fact) that it doesn't ('nullify' the question/answer).

I see that you do not relate to what I put forward in my post (as expected).

If people believe in ''spiritual evolution through incarnations of species'' I can only say they've been fooled with. There is no such a 'process' or cycle. Many species have gone extinct and many species deemed ''lesser'' by Hindu standards are still around, whereas many clever mammals are critically endangered ((unlike chickens which are in the many billions, so I suppose the Hindus may wish to answer that one.. why billions of souls incarnate as farm chickens.. lol)). If people actually observe the natural world they will come to the insight that the Hindu-Buddhist assumptions are just plain wrong.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You say that you have spent the past two years calling us out on our beliefs. Really you have just been repeating your own beliefs.
If the above comment on Hinduism was at all serious, then your understanding of Indian philosophy is simplistic to the point of being non-existent.
Peace
This is your first comment in this thread. Your comment isn’t even on-topic, you got triggered by one sentence in my post.

Last edited by Altair : 08-07-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:34 AM
hazada guess

Well folks ,I started this thread some time ago and the person who I can relate the most to is Busby.

A round of applause for Bubby.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Well folks ,I started this thread some time ago and the person who I can relate the most to is Busby.

Applause!
Old 10-07-2020, 06:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess

That's one way of making an old man blush...

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:18 AM
Master
Love is the meaning of life. Amen
Old 10-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
'But an expansive cafeteria of opportunities to enjoy the aesthetic, intellectual, social, cultural, and natural delights of the world, regardless of which ones people put on their trays, is the ultimate form of progress'.
WAHOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
At the moment this fits in well for me with my personal changing view of life. That tight corset of 'rules' implied in the thing we call 'karma' is loosening.
Elaborate if you will (for the pleasure of knowing you, if nothing else), Busby.

Old 10-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
If people believe in ''spiritual evolution through incarnations of species'' I can only say they've been fooled with. There is no such a 'process' or cycle. Many species have gone extinct and many species deemed ''lesser'' by Hindu standards are still around, whereas many clever mammals are critically endangered ((unlike chickens which are in the many billions, so I suppose the Hindus may wish to answer that one.. why billions of souls incarnate as farm chickens.. lol)). If people actually observe the natural world they will come to the insight that the Hindu-Buddhist assumptions are just plain wrong.

We need the wisdom to differentiate the soul contained in an elephant and a microbe. as long as we define biology without understanding the soul which is the sole element that keeps things alive, it is wrong to analyze soul by counting the numbers of chicks and mosquitoes. Through a microscope, an unseen world of microbes can be explored which is completely invisible to our eyes. a soul which is far more tinier that microbes takes the shape of an elephant or a fly or a human or whatever the shape it is destined to take as per the experience it has gathered from the evaluation. Therefore, evolution is not actually happening in the biological form, it's happening to the soul which is contained in that form.

Scientifically speaking, when a soul takes a shape to the material world, millions of years experiences it has gathered is manifested in to genitical codes. Accordingly it gets it's physical and mental features. science has been trying to decode those codes.May be in future they will get to know them.But we have capacity to see, know and explore a soul and it's evolutionary history with our inner eyes, without these all tools and machinaries that scientists are trying to invent to decode these code. Science says there are billions of brain cells that are dormant and inactive. those cells are key to open this inner eye.
Closed Thread