Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-03-2017, 09:14 AM
FrankieJG

Does time really exist?

Those who have had near death experiences and tried astral projection say there's no past as we think. How does that feel? How does that feel to know that time doesn't exist?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
Those who have had near death experiences and tried astral projection say there's no past as we think. How does that feel? How does that feel to know that time doesn't exist?
Knowing that causes no feelings as I have known that a long 'time', so its nothing new.

To what your question probably is: How does it feel becoming aware there is no time?
To the body there are no feelings as it continues as if there is time. Nothing has changed for it.
To the emotional center it feels vulnerable as time gives us a sense of control that has been taken away. It also knocks out something we assumed to be a part of the bedrock that we can rely on.
To the brain it feels distressful as it depends so heavily on time to figure things out and plan future actions. It does not know how to operate without time.
To the spirit (which is already timeless) it feels liberating as the incarnation is no bound by one less (false) limitation.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Knower
"Knowing" that time doesn't exist doesn't really make much of a difference for me. If it didn't exist then yes, time travel would not be possible and that would suck for sure, but otherwise, using the word 'time' is simply just a way of referring to what the present used to be, is currently and what could/will be.
Old 16-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Guide

Time does exist, its just perceived in many ways according to your consciousness. Some people may think of it as being linear and others more 3 dimensional? ;) The interesting thing is... technically speaking everything that ever happened or ever will happen is all ready happening as we speak. You could even say that each moment we experience is frozen and not in motion... Consciousness plays a huge factor in time. So if you had a past life... they are still alive technically and some of them are aware of you. Its always a good thing to send your infinite self some love... who knows maybe they will send some back.

Time is complicated
Old 17-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
Time does exist, its just perceived in many ways according to your consciousness. Some people may think of it as being linear and others more 3 dimensional? ;) The interesting thing is... technically speaking everything that ever happened or ever will happen is all ready happening as we speak. You could even say that each moment we experience is frozen and not in motion... Consciousness plays a huge factor in time. So if you had a past life... they are still alive technically and some of them are aware of you. Its always a good thing to send your infinite self some love... who knows maybe they will send some back.

Time is complicated
I don't understand how time can be seen as 3 dimensional. Yes, clocks, watches etc. are physically 3D but they merely measure what we call time. Time itself, if it exists, is more than 3 dimensional
Old 17-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Guide

Oops I should of added that time could be experienced in more ways than just 3d too. Your watch is not time :P your watch is an instrument that tells you time. To get a better of what im talking about.. watch the movie interstellar. The part where they enter a black hole and are in some kind of alternate dimension.
Old 19-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Seeker

For me, time exists as a way of perceiving the universe. So time exists as much as sight exists. Forward and back, or past and future, are as useful a way of perceiving the universe as the visible spectrum of light is. It doesn't show us everything, but it allows us to make sense of some things, and the way they relate to some other things.

I'm used to using time, the way I'm used to using sight, but I do find that not using it is only as inconvenient as the company I keep :) That is, time is only important when we're with other people who are relying on it. In the same way that I don't really need to see if I'm with other people who are using senses other than sight to interact.

So although I feel I may have misunderstood your question, my answer is that it feels more or less normal depending on how heavily I'm relying on time at any given moment.
Old 20-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Knower

the past is constantly returning into thin air while the future is constantly being created out if thin air

The past is the demand for power from the future which is the supply of power

Where the two meet is the coincidence of coincidences or present

This effect exists or I would not be able to point it out.

what happens at the coincidence of coincidences?

The universe is created and destroyed

Trillions and trillions of times a second

Clocks keep score of the war between the past and the future

After a minute the score is Future 60 past 0

"NIST-F1 is a cesium fountain clock, a type of atomic clock, in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Boulder, Colorado, and serves as the United States' primary time and frequency standard."

The master clock that sends out sync pulses into the Internet that keeps all the slave clocks of your computers in lockstep
Old 25-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Time definite exists but its tied to space in ways that are ultimately unfathomable to us and our 3rd dimension understanding. I'm certain that there are entities in dimensions above us who can manipulate it in amazing ways... it feels like that's a good portion of how synchronicity works, multiple people, place, things are tinkered with in ways that make the answer to our though appear on a passing bus or a strangers comments. Another aspect of synchronicity is all the parallel dimensions collapsing in ways that make this world just right for all of us. Im not a huge bible person but its warning about this time sort of fit the whole deal where were able to adjust reality at a quantum level, it just seems like were not necessarily ready for that and will break the grand design messing with it too much. (again sorry if my first posts suck, i said this in the introduce yourself section as well but my social skills are pretty wonky after a couple of years of mainly solitary recovery)
Old 25-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
FrankieJG since you began this thread, I will use this quote as I definitely fit into both categories above.

I had a severe auto wreck 28+ yrs ago, and I definitely had my first astral projective experience.

In one form of words, beliefs, or another we here do know time is an illusion.

But for many it's that illusion part that most earthling, so to say, can't really relate to 150% - or even 100% Why? because time is one of those relative things, and if there's really (((which there really only IS))) only NOW, and the rest is only thought or memory in our hearts ~ it's damn confusing.

Yet it's not to me, and for this I am eternally grateful, because now I'm free to enjoy the moments of right now. WHY?

Because I actually, now , love and appreciate the "light", natural light, of who I am, in this dimension if you will, and my spirit or nature soars in joy just knowing this.

The myriad of detailed words really mean nothing more than ego-gratification to me.

So anyway ~ thanks all