Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 17-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Posting images

How do I post images from the internet or from my files? I noticed there's an option to do this at the top of posts but it never seems to work for me
Old 17-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Master
Hi Starbuck ... I can try to help you ... I only know basics though ...do you have photobucket or something similiar?
Old 17-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Master
Not sure if you are still interested Starbuck however here are some instructions which I hope I havent made sound more complicated than they are lol

1. You will need to sign up with photobucket or a similar service and then upload your computer images to photobucket (there is a green upload button on the PB toolbar). Once image has been uploaded to photobucket click on the blue bar to the bottom right of it which says Save and continue to album.
2. Once you have uploaded the image you wish to share on the forums hold your cursor over the image(in photobucket) and a set of option boxes will appear under it. Copy the info in the one which says Direct link.
3. Now when you open a new page you want to post on here in the forums you will see a little yellow mountain pic on the page toolbar. Left click on that and you will see a yellow bar toward the top of your screen asking you to allow scripted window. Right click on yellow bar and then left click on option which says ‘Temporarily allow scripted windows’.
4. Then click on mountain pic again (on forum page)and you will see a box appear on the left top of your screen
5. Delete any info (http:) in the space bar in the box and then paste your info you copied from photobucket then click OK and your image should appear on the forum page.

Last edited by sound : 17-12-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 17-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi Sound

Sorry I missed this earlier.

This is great many thanks for your help, I will give it a try! If I run into any further problems I'll post again.
Old 17-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
How do I post images from the internet or from my files? I noticed there's an option to do this at the top of posts but it never seems to work for me

Right click on a picture from the internet and save it as a picture to your computer. Note where you have saved it and be sure that the file is not too large. I think 93kb is the max. I usually save pictures as .jpeg's because they are the smallest.

Then when you compose a post, scroll down to where is says "manage attachments" and click on it and it will allow you to "browse" your computer where you can find and upload the picture you just saved there. Then post your post and the picture will be there.

Hope that helps....James
Old 17-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Brilliant thanks both of you.
Old 19-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Master
I wish people would consider that posting large images ruins the format for the whole page.