Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
SenyxPanda

Where are the Faeries?

Like, where do faeries like to hang out, and such. Like, what do they like to eat? I just want to be able to capture one on film (camera). So, would anybody tell me? I don't know if there are certain faeries for certain areas, so I'll describe my neighborhood.

I live in an area somewhere between a town and the country. My house is surrounded by forests, but not completely. There is a pond 1/4 of a mile behind my house and there is a field 1/2 a mile away. So, what kind of faeries would be there?

Thanks, Rachel.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
mattie

Link About Fairies

Connect w/ them energetically. Invite them to communicate. Have no preconceptions about how they will do so.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...dimensions.com
Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Generally, fairies are though to hang out in wild places - so forests are a good place to start - but really, any garden is good or even a plant on a windowsill. I have a fairy garden, full of herbs and flowers.

Fairies have a sweet tooth, so offering them cookies, honey or cakes is meant to attract them.

All the above is the traditional view of fairies - really, as mattie said, all you have to do is invite them to communicate with you.

As for taking photos - follow your instincts, if you feel like taking a picture, do so, then check it carefully to see who was trying to get your attention!
Old 20-07-2011, 08:41 PM
native wiccan

Color attracting faeries

ive heard that a rose incense or flower incense is appealing
Old 05-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Experiencer

Shiny! They like shiny things, as well as sweet things. Try to go to them, venture out into the forest, and let your intuition guide you. You don't want to invite them in, unless you REALLY want them around all the time.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Master
@SenyxPanda "I just want to be able to capture one on film (camera)"

I would suggest that if you go looking for them, you will not find them. You need a digital camera set on "burst" which shoots several frames in rapid sequence. You need a lot of capacity, generally an SD card. Good places - in woods with a lot of ground plants, trees with lots of branches, running water, rock faces. Just point and shoot, and be generous with how many frames you shoot. It will only be when you get them in your PC that will you know if you got anything. In a "burst" sequence, look for movement.
My favourite way to do this is to shoot a video clip on the camera, then play it back using the "pause" facility frequently - mind the "fairies" are often not what you think they are.
Here is one as an example
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/blyssvids/?action=view&current=HPIM0868.mp4

Use the "Pause" between 34 and 38 seconds, then look on the right-hand side of the tree in the centre.

Last edited by norseman : 05-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Trieah

I hear they also like long colorful ribbons tied to trees, bushes, or to anything where the ribbons can dance on the wind.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Amethyst

Hi SenyxPanda

How wonderful you wishing to discover them for yourself!

If you make your intentions known, you can attract them and it’s helpful if you have no preconceived ideas about what they look like and, as Mattie suggests, as to how they might communicate.

They might tickle you or make tapping noises in your home for example. Or you might see them in a window reflection – there must be many ways they can make their presence known.

Maybe communicating with them is a bit like communicating with spirit guides – the intention is broadcast and it’s a case of having no expectations, just paying attention to what might show up tailored especially for you.

As to where they are – the can even be in grass:

And when taking photos, you don’t need to see them with the naked eye – there is much on the electromagnetic spectrum that the camera can pick up that is unseen by humans.

You may get a single being as your op says you’d like to capture ONE on film, but they do seem to generally manifest en masse for the camera.

Wishing you some wonderful experiences, SenyxPanda.

Hope you’ll share your discoveries.

Blessings, Amethyst x

Btw Mattie - thanks for that link - found a lovely poem on there.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Ascender

Just go to where there's nature really, they'll be lurking around. Mattie, thanks for the link it was awesome! Oh and norseman awesome video! I thought I saw a red gleam next to the tree? What was that? The fae? P.S.: Your accent is AWESOME XD
Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
silverdawnarrow

i believe in faeries as strange and mysteries being and i read a book saying they lived in oaks and often hide from humans. if you want to find them i doubt you have much chance.