Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Master
So, I had meant to look up "Toronto Blessing" earlier.

Perhaps you might express your dismissal of it, because this is what I was referring to.

Of course, this isn't exclusive to one church or area.
I recall worshipping in a church nearby where in one service the congregation took over the service, marching around the perimeter and with shouts of joyous praises.

It was in this church also where I'd witnessed exorcisms and healings.
Again, evidence of the power of God, and the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 03-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
So, I had meant to look up "Toronto Blessing" earlier.

Perhaps you might express your dismissal of it, because this is what I was referring to.

Of course, this isn't exclusive to one church or area.
I recall worshipping in a church nearby where in one service the congregation took over the service, marching around the perimeter and with shouts of joyous praises.

It was in this church also where I'd witnessed exorcisms and healings.
Again, evidence of the power of God, and the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

there is a true Spirit and a false one, let's get terms correct
what you describe is not the so called TB
the TB is the manifestation of darkness and i'm not dismissing it i'm calling it blasphemy
check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wZCifteHtc

I have witnessed this kind of thing and was able to discern and see through it
Loads of others similiar check them out if your spiritually strong enough personally i would rather not and i don't need to
there's a book on it, 'kundalini warning' by a pastor so this is not just me
Old 03-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
there is a true Spirit and a false one, let's get terms correct
what you describe is not the so called TB
the TB is the manifestation of darkness and i'm not dismissing it i'm calling it blasphemy
check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wZCifteHtc

I have witnessed this kind of thing and was able to discern and see through it
Loads of others similiar check them out if your spiritually strong enough personally i would rather not and i don't need to
there's a book on it, 'kundalini warning' by a pastor so this is not just me

Yes, that's not what I had read about it, so true, I'm in agreement with you on this.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-06-2019, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes, that's not what I had read about it, so true, I'm in agreement with you on this.

i'm relieved. this phenomena is very telling and fascinating to me its surreal. it makes me wonder if spiritual warfare really is going on 'above us' between forces that we are mostly blind to. either way those forces hate Jesus. people criticise Christianity but it has excellent tools for mapping out the reality we are in although has/does work against itself as was prophecied would happen
but i'm right on the edge between gnostic and orthodox
Old 27-06-2019, 01:25 AM
ketzer

Quote:
This is what distinguishes Christianity from errancy, mimicry, and fraud.
Did someone call me?
I am sure many who call themselves Christian would not agree with you Morpheus. But for the sake of argument, lets say you are correct, and those two bits of dogma are the essential Christian doctrines. Some might hold that those who do not believe them, though they call themselves Christians, are not true followers of Jesus. Would you agree with them?
Old 27-06-2019, 01:31 AM
ketzer

Quote:

it makes me wonder if spiritual warfare really is going on 'above us' between forces that we are mostly blind to. ....
Well I don't know much about that, but I am quite sure that there is spiritual warfare going on within us that many are mostly blind to.
Old 27-06-2019, 01:34 AM
ketzer

Quote:
The trouble is words can have many meanings. What is the meaning of these words like salvation and grace?
Everything now has lost it's meaning
Perhaps, but words are just symbols and what the speaker intends to symbolize is always a bit different. Perhaps the words now have a new meaning, perhaps when said in the right company, and at the right time, they simply mean "I am one of you".
Old 27-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Did someone call me?
I am sure many who call themselves Christian would not agree with you Morpheus. But for the sake of argument, lets say you are correct, and those two bits of dogma are the essential Christian doctrines. Some might hold that those who do not believe them, though they call themselves Christians, are not true followers of Jesus. Would you agree with them?

Of course. Those are essential to Christianity. Which are supported in old and new testament writings.

Old 27-06-2019, 11:49 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Of course. Those are essential to Christianity. Which are supported in old and new testament writings.

Ok, then we agree on one thing, depending on how one understands the message of Jesus, and the meaning of his life story, not everyone who calls themselves a Christian, would necessarily be seen by either you or I as actually following Jesus as we understand him. Of course there are also many Christians who either you, I, or even both of us, might see as following Jesus's teachings as well.

Where we disagree, is that my interpretation of Jesus's message and life story, would not see many who hold those two essential elements of Christianity as following Jesus, yet also see many who do not hold to those two elements essential, as being followers of Jesus nonetheless.

I have found it rather liberating to no longer refer to myself as a Christian. Personally, I found the title had become something of an obstacle when trying to understand Jesus. The doctrines of Christianity often make both God and Jesus sound excessively petty and vain, but I do not believe this to be so. I think the vanity that comes across in Christian teachings is the vanity of the men who created and preach the religion, and I don’t hold Jesus accountable for what Christians say about him. Look past the doctrine, and a rather remarkable figure and message still come through.

Christians can go to war over who has the right doctrine all they want. They can murder as many people as they want for believing differently from themselves. But IMO, they are not fighting about who is or who is not a follower of the message of Jesus, only who gets to use the title of Christian. For many, when someone says they are a Christian, they assume they must be a follower of Jesus. I don't make that assumption anymore. For me, I figure I will know them by their acts, and by their fruits.

And BTW, there are many many things that are supported in the writings of the bible, do you support them all?

Quote:
Matthew 7:15-16
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.”
Old 27-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Master

yes to the fruits being how you can tell I think best

but if you want a doctrine there is only 1 that is essential
you have to believe that Mary Magdalene was right, that she saw Jesus alive
if you believe that, then yer in!
We are all in the same position of the male disciples before she told them
that should have been what the council of nicea came up with